Politics and Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Politics and Sports

I have tried to look objectively at yesterday's non event and have asked if anyone actually knows what TT's beliefs are. I stated my opinion on other threads but now I have to wonder. What was perhaps a rather private protest has drawn responses of thousands of Americans. He quietly got the country (or atleast hockey fans) talking and he has brought attention to the the party he supports. Guess there is no such thing as bad publicity? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

Re: Politics and Sports

Troll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In Response to Re: Politics and Sports:
    Troll.
    Posted by StiHacka

seriously? 
    totally not necessary but thanks for the response. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Pay no attention vcec, and yeah if people are talking, then that;s half the point of a protest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Pay no attention vcec, and yeah if people are talking, then that;s half the point of a protest.
    Posted by red75

Thanks Red. Hey, I have a question for you since you are one of the most knowledgeable posters here.......

Someone on another site posted that the NHL does not allow it's players to use their position to influence fans on their political or religious beliefs. Said it was put into the contracts sometime after 9/11. Any truth to it? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

My 2 cents. 

The visit to the White House is to get a pat on the back from the President of the United States for a job well done.  The President plays many rolls.  Commander in chief, CEO of the Federal Government, and as a representative of the American Public.

The role played by the President at such events is the Representative of the people.  In other words, the White House event was an opportunity for the POTUS to tell the Bruins well done on behalf of the American Public.

He may not have meant to, but by boycotting the event, Thomas in essence gave the country the finger.

Oh, and this is why professional athletes should keep their personal lives seperate from their professional lives.  The less we know about them, the better off everyone is.  Now, my opinion of Tim Thomas is clouded by knowing that he follows Glen Beck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

t have meant to, but by boycotting the event, Thomas in essence gave the country the finger. Oh, and this is why professional athletes should keep their personal lives seperate from their professional lives.  The less we know about them, the better off everyone is.  Now, my opinion of Tim Thomas is clouded by knowing that he follows Glen Beck.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

amen

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBrainBrad. Show BigBrainBrad's posts

You salute the rank, not the man ... he was way off base.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

My 2 cents.  The visit to the White House is to get a pat on the back from the President of the United States for a job well done.  The President plays many rolls.  Commander in chief, CEO of the Federal Government, and as a representative of the American Public. The role played by the President at such events is the Representative of the people.  In other words, the White House event was an opportunity for the POTUS to tell the Bruins well done on behalf of the American Public. He may not have meant to, but by boycotting the event, Thomas in essence gave the country the finger. Oh, and this is why professional athletes should keep their personal lives seperate from their professional lives.  The less we know about them, the better off everyone is.  Now, my opinion of Tim Thomas is clouded by knowing that he follows Glen Beck.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

What wacho told you that the President is a representative of the American public or the CEO of the Federal Government?

Oh, I see, you just made that up to support your statement that TT gave you the finger.

Good work.

Sections
Shortcuts