poor effort

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

poor effort

every once in awhile the Bruins think after winning a few games they are the 81 Oilers they didn't hit anybody tonight.  if they don't play physical and hit people they don't win.  tonight case in point, please spare me the Sabres played great tonight...no  the Bruins were poor they didn't play bruin hockey they didn't hit anyone and left people open on the back door all nite long and deserved to lose, I hope they learned from this

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Re: poor effort

_

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Shouldn't the game plan be to shut down Vanek?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I wouldn't say the B's mailed it in tonight.  The game could have gone either way but it just wasn't the B's night.  Great save by Miller on Bergeron which could have tied it and like matt said, Vanek was superhuman tonight.  Rask didn't have a chance on any of the goals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I think the effort was there, but Xdrive is right, it seems like the guys were having a great time on offense and, with the recent success, tought they were invincibles, that they could play an all around open game, forgot to hit and play cautious on defense. Despite great chances in the third, Miller made the difference. Lesson learned let's hope!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

46 shots on net and the effort is being questioned?

Defensive breakdowns, perhaps...but effort?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Was really hoping to see Seguin step it up... what is going on there?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Miller stole Bergy, and Chara (after a great Peverley's pass).  These two should have been goals!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

Not really.  it wasn't our best game, but i don't think the effort was lacking.  Vanek destroyed us.  it wouldn't have been a 5 on 3 in the second if Chara didn't get called for a penalty.  Was he that worried about what Vanek might do in the interim between the call and us getting possession.  That was a dumb play.  But Rask didn't have the best game either. 

Rask got backdoored all nite, I didn't like the 4 th goal on him but hard to fault him for the others, bottom line is not physical enough. Lost puck battles all nite long and that leads to good opportunities for Vanek and he is a terrific player who never seems to miss against the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tough game.  Lots of errors.

Can't win them all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

46 shots on net and the effort is being questioned?

Defensive breakdowns, perhaps...but effort?

[/QUOTE

Let me rephrase it for u,  they played a perimeter type game and they don't win that way. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought the bruins played with jump at times.  5-3 late changed the game in the 2nd period.  It was a game we could have won. 7-4 is the score but it was much loser then that. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Poor defensive play, poor back checking and no physical gm. Overall not a good effort, it's done move on to the next gm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

I think the effort was there, but Xdrive is right, it seems like the guys were having a great time on offense and, with the recent success, tought they were invincibles, that they could play an all around open game, forgot to hit and play cautious on defense. Despite great chances in the third, Miller made the difference. Lesson learned let's hope!

Good post, u got exactly what I meant, they are not the 92 penguins , hit hit and hit some more and Vanek isn't open so much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Poor defensive play, poor back checking and no physical gm. Overall not a good effort, it's done move on to the next gm.

Exactly, I hope this makes them get back to what makes them successful, this is not their game and after thornton left I hoped someone else would have have stepped up but now Buffalo is going to be very confident against us next time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Vanek is the ultimate Bruin killer. 

At least the Bruins have the Leafs to look forward to Saturday.