Positives?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Positives?

Yes, florida is beating them and even John"don't call me Brian Rolston" Madden scored but is there anything positive to take away from tonight so far?

I see Campbell trying his best to make a difference.

Bergeron does not seem to be effected by his injury, thank god.

Anything else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Positives?

There are no positives right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

When the Bs miss the playoffs they can rest all summer and CJ can't use fatigue as a excuse then?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron is playing by example.  Marchand is playing with an edge.  Caron is playing well.  The first period was a good start.  If the Bs are in a postion to lose then the "team needs to win the third period".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Positives?:
    Yes, florida is beating them and even John"don't call me Brian Rolston" Madden scored but is there anything positive to take away from tonight so far? I see Campbell trying his best to make a difference. Bergeron does not seem to be effected by his injury, thank god. Anything else?
    Posted by jaywall

TT is due to have pucks start hitting him. It has to happen eventually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Positives?:
    Yes, florida is beating them and even John"don't call me Brian Rolston" Madden scored but is there anything positive to take away from tonight so far? I see Campbell trying his best to make a difference. Bergeron does not seem to be effected by his injury, thank god. Anything else?
    Posted by jaywall

You mean Brian Campbell right? It was Campbell's guy that got loose on 2 of the goals!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

There's only another period to endure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Positives?:
    In Response to Positives? : You mean Brian Campbell right? It was Campbell's guy that got loose on 2 of the goals!
    Posted by nitemare-38

You are right about that. I just like to see his effort. If all his teammates had his will to compete then the B's would not be in such a funk IMHO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Bergeron is playing by example.  Marchand is playing with an edge.  Caron is playing well.  The first period was a good start.  If the Bs are in a postion to lose then the "team needs to win the third period".
    Posted by islamorada

I agree with everything you said!! End on a positive note and start from there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The only positive: they can't get any worse.

It's only up from here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

And Rolston scores on the PP!!! I guess all we had to do to motivate him was to compare him to John Madden....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

None

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

The only positive: they can't get any worse. It's only up from here.
    Posted by Wheatskins

thats what i said after the tampa game  but i was wrong

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The only positive: they can't get any worse. It's only up from here.
    Posted by Wheatskins

A win would lift a massive weight off these guys.  It will come.  Just don't know when.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Positives:

2011 wasn't that long ago.

I still laugh out loud every time I hear Ference ask Sedin if he's OK after Sedin flops to the ice.

The Habs won't make the playoffs either.

TT will get traded to Phoenix next year for good prospects in return (later, he'll run for Governor on a promise that "Pucks might get through, but illegal aliens won't!")

Joe Corvo is soon to become a just a bad memory and I can start my "Bring back Kaberle!" campaign, and no one will think it's dumb.

The Red Sox will start losing soon and I'll have all summer to forget about this coming historic breakdown by the Bruins.

Doug (The Hammer*) Hamilton is coming and we'll have a real defense again!

* Dibs on the nickname ;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Positives: 2011 wasn't that long ago. I still laugh out loud every time I hear Ference ask Sedin if he's OK after Sedin flops to the ice. The Habs won't make the playoffs either. TT will get traded to Phoenix next year for good prospects in return (later, he'll run for Governor on a promise that "Pucks might get through, but illegal aliens won't!") Joe Corvo is soon to become a just a bad memory and I can start my "Bring back Kaberle!" campaign, and no one will think it's dumb. The Red Sox will start losing soon and I'll have all summer to forget about this coming historic breakdown by the Bruins. Doug (The Hammer*) Hamilton is coming and we'll have a real defense again! * Dibs on the nickname ;-)
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I don't know why I bother. Yet again I come to the board to give my piece and I see you beat me to it. Concur with every word .
    And if you need any help with the 'Bring Back Kaberle!' campaign let me know. An official apology to the man for being publicly shamed by PC in last year's play offs is in order especially when you consider the number of wheel spinning disappointments there's been in black and gold this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Positives: 2011 wasn't that long ago. I still laugh out loud every time I hear Ference ask Sedin if he's OK after Sedin flops to the ice. The Habs won't make the playoffs either. TT will get traded to Phoenix next year for good prospects in return (later, he'll run for Governor on a promise that "Pucks might get through, but illegal aliens won't!") Joe Corvo is soon to become a just a bad memory and I can start my "Bring back Kaberle!" campaign, and no one will think it's dumb. The Red Sox will start losing soon and I'll have all summer to forget about this coming historic breakdown by the Bruins. Doug (The Hammer*) Hamilton is coming and we'll have a real defense again! * Dibs on the nickname ;-)
    Posted by TryToBearIt

The Bruins have rights to his father too ?

Positives ? I woke up this morning breathing and there's still a hockey game on the tube tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Liked your thoughts Chowda. Here's my take. For months IMO other teams have countered Claude's defense. Last night the countering and coaching , came at both ends. Craig Ramsey knows Claude's defense, and the players. Craig and the Panthers, as others have lately, are taking away Tim Thomas's space. They have big guys in front, close to Tim, limiting his movement and , at the same time , his sight lines. Tim does not play well back in the net, he's not that big, and the opponents are shooting into the mass in front, resulting in c lose in rebounds, deflections, and goals. Tim's biggest asset, his movement is being stifled. At the other end, it's just the opposite. Goalies are clogging up the net while their defensemen lift sticks and jam. This strategy of jamming Timmy leads to the early goals, Tim get's frustrated, and some later shots are just plain missed, as Tim is showing his tiredness. On one sequence, last night, Tim's head followed the puck, but his body could not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, things look bad right now, but OK, but I'll take a sip of koolaid and put on my black and gold sunglasses...

Caron has emerged.

2 Vezina contending goalies, say what you will about them, but not many teams have that luxury.  They are assets and one could be traded this summer.

Seguin will continue to get better.

Hamilton is coming some day.

One of these guys will work out:  Spooner, Knight or Koko.  Or Camara.

As of right now they are still in the playoffs.

Yes, they are slumping, but look how much worse the Habs are.  This would be a heckuva lot more bitter if they looked like Ottawa.

I'm not looking at Glyder every night.  I don't care how many goals he scores it drove me nuts to watch him.

I'm also not looking at Kaberle every night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

I am positive the Bruins are playing bad right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some positives were that the team did not quit. Obviously, there were mistakes, but the lines played hard; Claude shortened the bench; Early on Pouliot carried the puck in on goal cleanly, if only he could do that all night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My daughter made the honor roll. No other positives to report at this time. Thank you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, reality is easy enough to evaluate, thus the reason for the post thread.  Doom and gloom are all forgotten once a team starts winning.  Doom and gloom is reality if the Bs fall from grace to the gates of post season hell.  

Now that we have dispelled all of that:  CJ needs to get the system back in order as the talent returns to the team.  One step at a time, start with Chara and defense, start with Bergeron with offense, and give Thomas a three month mulligan. 

If does not work out, I just remember so many posters on here stating that just winning the Cup was all they wanted.  I did not, I want another.  Philly snuck in two years ago, and Chicago almost came from nowhere to beat Vancouver.  It is hockey, better to think postive than negative.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Amen

Posted by TryToBearIt

Sections
Shortcuts