Daniel Briere – Lars Eller – Brian Gionta

Travis Moen – Ryan White – Dale Weise

Josh Gorges – P.K. Subban

Andrei Markov – Alexei Emelin

Douglas Murray – Mike Weaver

Carey Price

Peter Budaj

Scratched: Francis Bouillon, Jarred Tinordi, Brandon Prust, George Parros

Injured: Alex Galchenyuk (lower body), Rene Bourque (illness)

Looks like he is adding some size with Murray, White, and Moen.

Possible reasons:

1. It's just a practice and means nothing: least likely, Therrien so far has kept the same lines and people in practices he does in games.

2. Habs have the plague: possible, Bourque is out with the flu so maybe Therrien is putting fresh bodies in place of sick players and doesn't want the media to know the full story.

3. Unhappy with results and mixing it up to address perceived weaknesses: Bourque aside, I think this is most likely. The Habs have been outplayed so far this series and it is only tied because Price stole game 1. He appears to be adding muscle which suggests he thinks this is a major problem.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Possible Habs Lineup Changes

It takes balance to beat Boston.  If you put out your best players against Chara-Hamilton and Bergeron's line, it's like you're skating in quicksand.  There is no room.  He's looking to give skill players a chance to play against other options.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good point. Briere moving into Bourque's spot on the third line is a bit of a no-brainer but Bournival on the second is a bit of a head scratcher. Murray is obviously to address the soft play of the Hab d-corp so far (Emelin where are you?). White and Moen to energize the fan base with hits...however, not sure if this really is an improvement for them or not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Seems like every time the opposition tries to "beef up" to match the B's it ends up being a major fail. Not surprised by the denial here... the Habs don't need to get stronger or more physical, they need to keep flopping and getting power plays. If Therrien were being honest, he'd put his fastest group of smurfs on the ice and hope the refs take pity on them as the B's pummel them into the boards.

There's not enough talent on the Montreal roster to compete with the Bruins 5v5, and adding a guy like Murray is almost like giving the B's 8 minutes of power play time per game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

socca10: Like when the Wings added Bertuzzi in Game 3.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

-

No way a team with that little amount of talent providing 50% of the forwards can win a series against this Bruins team.  That's just ugly.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

-

No way a team with that little amount of talent providing 50% of the forwards can win a series against this Bruins team.  That's just ugly.  

And considering that Montreal's 1st line is doing nothing 5 on 5,i'd have to agree. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No lineup changes at this morning's Habs pregame skate according to tsn 690

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

it just doesn't matter ... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

But...But I thought Prust was gonna bring all the heart, muscle, and toughness to this series? WhaHappa??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

But...But I thought Prust was gonna bring all the heart, muscle, and toughness to this series? WhaHappa??

I don't think Prust is 100% , I think he'll get operated on his shoulder this summer. I think Prust was pretty good on the PK,  we'll just see more of Moen .

As for Bourque I think he'll be back tonight.  Might have just missed practice because of the flu.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He has to be injured.  That dude doesn't take a stride off, let alone a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I don't think Prust is 100% , I think he'll get operated on his shoulder this summer. I think Prust was pretty good on the PK,  we'll just see more of Moen .

As for Bourque I think he'll be back tonight.  Might have just missed practice because of the flu.

ok, that makes sense. I didn't see him favoring anything and hadn't heard he was injured, but then again he was barely noticeable.

Sections
Shortcuts