Possible plan by PC, in my opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

Possible plan by PC, in my opinion

Looking to this year, you have to think they aren't going to sign any UFA's because they aren't going to invest in any of the available guys past this year.

1. they need to make sure they have money to sign Krejci, etc and 2. they will want to have a spot earnable for Hamilton, and other young players.  This is how you stay competitive long-term.  I can't remember which national pundit said it but they really saw the Bruins copying the Detroit model and doing it successfully.

If anything, I would expect to see PC go the trade route for a forward and a dman with one year left on his contract (or sign a vet to a one year incentive-laden deal).  He's done most of his best work through trades. 

The other possibility is to go into the year with what we have (no ryder/kaberle) and be big players at the trade deadline and stock up for another cup run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AugustusPuckus. Show AugustusPuckus's posts

Re: Possible plan by PC, in my opinion

Well it looks like PC will have some cash to play with...Rechhi, Kabs and Ryder are 10-11 mio...possibility of Savard not returning is another 4.

With a strong core, the B's need to look to adding guys as compliments to that core.

And staying healthy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It does appear that PC is avoiding the frenzy of UFA overpayment. Wait until the month leading up to the trade deadline and if neccessary  fill a need or two through trades. That allows him to see how some of the younger guys develop and figure what is needed and what isn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I think we all have expectations because Chiarelli has been so good at evolving the Bruins. Patience may be the watchword, particularly until Savard 's issues are resolved. Seguin slides in with Bergeron, and training camp can resolve the rest, with a trade or two on the horizon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

chiarelli got lucky with kelly and peverly... they definately had an impact on winning the cup

but his record isnt sterling silver... he has probably made more blunders than good moves....case in point is kaberle... two first rounders for a cast off...

and without Thomas standing on his head...( a goalie he wanted to trade by the way) this team doesnt get out of the first round and clode and chia... are history...

funny how quickly things can change... huh???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What a terrible thing for Chiarelli having money to spend or hold onto. His cap management the past two summers forced him to move Kessel, Sturm, Ward and Kobasew 3 character guys one phat man seeking the American dream 20 jet skis in his garage.

Take care of Krejci and Rask in October then let the kids play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

well i'm glad no one bothered responding to jcour.

I like this idea. trade deadline target: Daniel Alfredsson. Can play on any of the top 3 lines, really good on the powerplay, and has 2 years left on his deal. after next year his salary drops to 1 million, teams trying to reach the cap floor would be begging for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

We may be looking at

17-46-18
    63-37-19
    38-23-49
    20-11-22

with Kampfer taking Kaberle's spot on the blueline. If any of the above proves to not be working, then I think a trade will come. The keys obviously are Seguin, Caron & Kampfer. Patience is better than overspending and ending up saddled with a bad contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sorry dauber, but now I am compelled....

Massive logical inconsistency to look at the Chiarelli decisions that went right as "lucky" and the things that didn't as "blunders".  You could just as easily look at all of the chatter in the media saying that Kaberle would be a great fit for the Bruins's needs and it was only bad luck that it didn't work out better. 

More importantly, as of now?  Calling it an overpayment is also a stretch.  By virtue of winning the Cup, the Bruins basically changed the terms to a second rounder, a third rounder, and Colborne - who may or may not become an impact player. You'll need to help me out on what the other "blunders" are, because the usual examples like the Versteeg/Bochenski deal (looks pretty tame when Versteeg isn't inflated by playing with world class linemates), "overpaying" Thomas and Ference, or limiting the team's ability to go get the pieces it needs to win a Cup by mismanaging the Cap?  They all sound pretty stupid right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Chiarelli has done the best job in the NHL, ridingking or whatever will disagree, but look at the cap nightmare past cup winners have been in....we have more than enough space, we should be better this year than last

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

'Dog, I think you know my position on Chiarelli's cap management.  He moved the guys he moved because he used every resource at his disposal and put himself in a position where he would have to make hard decisions about the best track for the club based on the information available at the time of the decision.  When the dumped Sturm, a healthy Ryder was more important than a shaky, rusty Marco.  When they dumped Kobasew, Ward or even Morris, it was because they needed something else more - more youth, more health, more reliable defense, whatever.  I look at this as Chiarelli not being afraid to create situations that may be difficult to manage if they ultimately benefit the team.  It's an innovative approach to the Cap and it's creative.

PS - dauber, Alfredsson's back scares the carp out of me.  I wouldn't bank on that strategy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would not say he got lucky with kelly and peverley.He targeted them and they prodeuced. Gotta give credit where credit is due. tough to say what the plan is, so much depends on savard, now i thionk he;ll retire, but the big question is when.so much depends on when.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Savard's cap hit is well within the offseason cushion the NHL provides teams to facilitate planning moves.  They won't need an absolute decision from him until closer to October, and if he decides to come back, they may just have to send him to Providence to prove he's found his game.  He'll be a high risk injury candidate, so I doubt they have to worry about claims, and frankly if he gets claimed, more power to him.  He may never be the same again, and the Bruins showed they have a potential Cup-winning lineup without him, so they don't need to nurse him along.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Chiarelli learned from his mistakes and JJ more than likely brought Cam in to check "he's spending to the cap but not winning". I never faulted Chiarelli for the Bochenski trade because BOs numbers were better in junior and the AHL than Versteeg's Brandon dropped the ball.

And there was absolutely no luck in Kelly and Peverley being brought in those were great moves. In hindsight I can look back and pick a bit at the past two summers but PC made the Stuart and Wheeler moves when it counted now he has his summer with a cup and plenty of money JJ likes that as well WIN, WIN.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

The Bruins should go after T.J Oshie-- (Blues).  Very talented player with some "issues" similar in some ways to Horton when in Florida.  The Blues are growing tired of his lack of maturity, but a change of scenary and someone like Bergy who can take him under his wing this could be a huge addition.  Maybe something like Matt Barkowski and Jordan Knight for Oshie could possibly do the trick.

Any thoughts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think John Davidson would be crazy to let T.J. Oshie go. When St. Louis came to Boston last fall and dominated I thought the Blues were the best team in the NHL at that time. Now if Chiarelli were somehow to be able to rest T.J. away from St. Louis I would be ecstatic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Possible plan by PC, in my opinion:
    [QUOTE]I think John Davidson would be crazy to let T.J. Oshie go. When St. Louis came to Boston last fall and dominated I thought the Blues were the best team in the NHL at that time. Now if Chiarelli were somehow to be able to rest T.J. away from St. Louis I would be ecstatic.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

This is just a pipe dream Sandog; but since we're on St.Louis. Too bad Lucic or Horts couldn't play center. Can you imagine a Lucic; Horton & Chris Stewart for a line? Anyway; back to reality. I like Oshie's game; but his ankle problems worry me.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Possible plan by PC, in my opinion:
    [QUOTE]I think John Davidson would be crazy to let T.J. Oshie go. When St. Louis came to Boston last fall and dominated I thought the Blues were the best team in the NHL at that time. Now if Chiarelli were somehow to be able to rest T.J. away from St. Louis I would be ecstatic.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'm also a big fan of Oshie. He is an exciting player.

Sections
Shortcuts