Possible Trade: Daniel Alfredsson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reuben4boston. Show reuben4boston's posts

Possible Trade: Daniel Alfredsson

So on PHT, the blog for today was whether the Sen's should trade Aflredsson in a similar fashion to the way we traded Bourque. Alfredsson has a reasonable cap hit, is still contributing, and gives us a great scoring threat. As well, as he has matured he at least tries to play with intensity in the defensive end. He is a true captain for the Sen's. In all honesty, what do people here think it would take for Alfredsson. 

Please refrain from offers including a peripheral player, or ludicrous offers. Thanks.

Edit: I meant to add a poll, but I forgot to. I apologize. As well, the poll was going to ask something along the lines of whether we should try to trade for him. Options would include: Throw the sink at him, yes if it is a few draft picks, and no. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Possible Trade: Daniel Alfredsson

Ottawa looks good on Alfredsson. Played little last year because of injury, and is out already with an injury; so his playing time this year will be short, again.

Pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would love to see Daniel out of the East so he doesn't get his usual backbreaking goal and 3 magnificent assists against the Bs. If PC does decide to go and get someone I don't want a vet who is 38 with a cap hit of 4.875Mil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hate trade proposals on this web site. Everyone wants a teams best player and centers it around hamill.  I really like the way you did this one. I know he's hurt right now, but if he;s healthy by mid year and ottawa decides to trade him I'd go for it. He'd be perfect for this team, the veteran who is now playing for a cup in a room of a team that just won one. I love it for that reason, plus sometimes these great players near the end who are finally play something, discover the fountain of youth for 6 weeks. Probably wouldnt take that much to get him when it comes to players off of your current roster, that would be different in the case of Iginla, who I think will be dealt this year should they fall out.  I love the idea, you can slide him on the right side of Seguin and Lucic..

Nice post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Parise for Hamill, Camara, and Boston's 2012 7th round pick. Book it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reuben4boston. Show reuben4boston's posts

In Response to Re: Possible Trade: Daniel Alfredsson:
    [QUOTE]I hate trade proposals on this web site. Everyone wants a teams best player and centers it around hamill.  I really like the way you did this one. I know he's hurt right now, but if he;s healthy by mid year and ottawa decides to trade him I'd go for it. He'd be perfect for this team, the veteran who is now playing for a cup in a room of a team that just won one. I love it for that reason, plus sometimes these great players near the end who are finally play something, discover the fountain of youth for 6 weeks. Probably wouldnt take that much to get him when it comes to players off of your current roster, that would be different in the case of Iginla, who I think will be dealt this year should they fall out.  I love the idea, you can slide him on the right side of Seguin and Lucic.. Nice post.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I agree, most trade proposals are utter crap on almost any site. Everyone always tends to overvalue their own. However, I don't think Hamill and a first at the trade deadline may be over the top. Especially after reading PHT's thoughts. 

However, I honestly really doubt Parise comes here. Parise is a stud, and there is no way the devils let him go. Especially with how young he is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I would love to see Daniel out of the East so he doesn't get his usual backbreaking goal and 3 magnificent assists against the Bs. If PC does decide to go and get someone I don't want a vet who is 38 with a cap hit of 4.875Mil.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

End of story, bro.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Parise for Hamill, Camara, and Boston's 2012 7th round pick. Book it.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

And..there we go.

That train is never late!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible Trade: Daniel Alfredsson : And..there we go. That train is never late!
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Obvious sarcasm in that proposal. I think he said it just for you Kel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=39149

Interesting, I know its just hockeybuzz.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Parise for Hamill, Camara, and Boston's 2012 7th round pick. Book it.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]
    Nah, I think Lou would have to throw in a 2nd rounder to make this deal even remotely possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reuben4boston. Show reuben4boston's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=39149 Interesting, I know its just hockeybuzz.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Actually, I really enjoy hockeybuzz. Generally Ty and Ecklund are pretty spot on. No journalist is going to be perfect, but it seems those two do have some sort of inside track. Plus a trade like this would not surprise me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Possible Trade: Daniel Alfredsson : Actually, I really enjoy hockeybuzz. Generally Ty and Ecklund are pretty spot on. No journalist is going to be perfect, but it seems those two do have some sort of inside track. Plus a trade like this would not surprise me. 
    Posted by reuben4boston[/QUOTE]
    I know I'm not alone when I proclaim Eklund to be awful. You'll get more reliable info from posters on this forum than you'll get from Eklund 99 times out of a 100.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Hamil, Pouliot and a 5th for Sidney Crosby. Take it to the bank! (just not the Cocktoss Bank!)

Seriously, I think it will be quite interesting to see what PC has to say Tuesday at 6:00. I was happy with the effort against San Jose. Just a couple of miscues cost us the game. Niemi played well and it seems we've run into a lot of hot goaltenders so far. The effort is there, the talent is there. We'll be fine. A small tweak to the lineup could be in the offing though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Always loved Alfredsson's game. Hopefully they get him outta there like they did to Raymond.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=39149 Interesting, I know its just hockeybuzz.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

From that article:  "Perhaps that's a journalistic flaw of mine". 

The dude is blogging about trade rumors for the biggest sham in sports, and he thinks he's a journalist.

He should be focusing on getting some integrity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My inside source has told me that Chiarelli is holding court to announce that Brad Richards is going to sign with Toronto.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

It's either a. Krejci contract b. Savard retirement/progress?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]My inside source has told me that Chiarelli is holding court to announce that Brad Richards is going to sign with Toronto.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

and still my favorite post of the year!!!

richards to leafs done deal announced tue 7-5-11

posted at 7/1/2011 10:46 AM EDT
    First: 8/2/2005
    Last: 9/22/2011
    my source from bruins organization has told me richards is going to tor for sure not sure of exact terms but will be announced likely tue...  who cares i think people are overating him anyway..nice player but superstar he is not

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As mentioned on another thread, does anyone know any really solid hockey writers? TSN usually has some good info, but not always. Eklund's site is all about maybe this and maybe that, or two weeks late. Bish's blog is OK, and NEHJ with Jesse Connolly is usually good info, but it seems as though none of the Boston hockey writers have the same insight as Abraham has on the SOX.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Doubt there is a trade but the EA sports superstar lineup trade speculation post is always fun. How about this one that I think I would look at If I was Gm of the Bs...David Krejci & Rask for Parise/ Travis Zajac? You cant have 3 first line centers with the maturity of Seguin this year. David is a restricted FA after this year and Rask needs to be a #1. Timmy is here for 2 more I think? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If we trade Rask whose our backup?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Ottawa looks good on Alfredsson. Played little last year because of injury, and is out already with an injury; so his playing time this year will be short, again. Pass.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I can't stand Alfredsson.  If the Bruins were to acquire him I may have to re-think my allegiance to them as my next favorite team after the Leafs.

Well, maybe not that extreme, but I really don't see a good fit for the Bruins.
    If anything, they may need to bolster their back-end.  I think the Bruins scoring will start to come around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nah.  Good player who may still have something in the tank, but unless you're getting him as a late season boost for a Cup run, and at the right price, I don't think he's what they need. 

I wouldn't be averse to a Recchi-like deal, though - Hamill and the rights to Alexandrov playing the roles of former first rounder Lashoff and former second rounder Karsums.  Otherwise, banking on him to perform like Recchi did is a huge gamble.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Possible Trade: Daniel Alfredsson:
    [QUOTE]So on PHT, the blog for today was whether the Sen's should trade Aflredsson in a similar fashion to the way we traded Bourque. Alfredsson has a reasonable cap hit, is still contributing, and gives us a great scoring threat. As well, as he has matured he at least tries to play with intensity in the defensive end. He is a true captain for the Sen's. In all honesty, what do people here think it would take for Alfredsson.  Please refrain from offers including a peripheral player, or ludicrous offers. Thanks. Edit: I meant to add a poll, but I forgot to. I apologize. As well, the poll was going to ask something along the lines of whether we should try to trade for him. Options would include: Throw the sink at him, yes if it is a few draft picks, and no. 
    Posted by reuben4boston[/QUOTE]

If Alfredsson is healthy he would be a great addition to the Bruins but that is a big IF.

Sections
Shortcuts