Possible trade opportunities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Possible trade opportunities

Reading other hockey news it appears that St.Louis needs and wants a young, fast high potential forward. How about Wheeler [ might need to include a sweetner] for Eric Johnson. Also, Nashville is looking for a goal scorer and has indicated Ryder as a possible. This could be done for CAP space and one of their minor defense prospects. These possibles are in response to stated needs although I still like Wheeler on the Bruins 4th line and do not see any other choice for St. Louis except Horton who is playing hard and is having trouble burying his shots. Plus I do not think Chia would give him up this early.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Possible trade opportunities

A former first overall pick who is still young at 22, for an under achieving 3rd liner. It will take a lot more than wheeler and a sweetener to get Erik Johnson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

bogie,
    they need a wing because on defense they feel set with johnson manning the blue line..

Johnson would cost you seguin, possibly more..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I'd trade Wheeler, Stuart, and the Bruins 1st for Eric Johnson in a flash. Something tells that St. Louis hasn't totally lost their minds though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Western conference GMs have to be burning the phones at this point. Eight teams within five points of 7th and 8th place out there. Pierre Le Brun said it right there will a flurry of small trades to bolster teams with the usual "Buffalo gave up a 2nd rounder for eh hem Raffi Torres ?"

I could see both St. Louis and Nashville taking a chance on Ryder as they do indeed need scoring. Wheeler, because of RFA rights, PC gives him another year and I don't see Johnson going anywhere but I also don't think he would cost Seguin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Nashville is essentially Boston east. They've allowed the least goals in the west, have good goaltending and reasonable offense. They've also scored the least goals of any of the top 8 teams. From them I'd want prospects, Taylor Beck by preference but Austin Watson wouldn't make me cry.

The Blues don't have much I'd want except maybe Pietrangelo, or picks.

In Response to Possible trade opportunities:
    Reading other hockey news it appears that St.Louis needs and wants a young, fast high potential forward. How about Wheeler [ might need to include a sweetner] for Eric Johnson. Also, Nashville is looking for a goal scorer and has indicated Ryder as a possible. This could be done for CAP space and one of their minor defense prospects. These possibles are in response to stated needs although I still like Wheeler on the Bruins 4th line and do not see any other choice for St. Louis except Horton who is playing hard and is having trouble burying his shots. Plus I do not think Chia would give him up this early.
    Posted by bogie6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Possible trade opportunities:
    Nashville is essentially Boston east. They've allowed the least goals in the west, have good goaltending and reasonable offense. They've also scored the least goals of any of the top 8 teams. From them I'd want prospects, Taylor Beck by preference but Austin Watson wouldn't make me cry. The Blues don't have much I'd want except maybe Pietrangelo, or picks. In Response to Possible trade opportunities :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

I would guess that Pietrangelo and Johnson are off the table for St Louis.  I think it would take at least Krejci and a 1st to get talking there.

In Nashville they are pretty deep on the blueline with prospects.  Maybe Jonathon Blum?  But I'm am not in such a rush to move Wheeler -- I would like to see some trial by fire call-ups from Providence to assess the team depth in case of injuries.  I would want an idea of whether Caron, Sauve, Arniel are ready to contribute in playoff hockey before we move Wheeler. 

I wish Colin Wilson was available.  He looks like a stud in the making.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bogie

Johnson would easily cost Seguin.  And St. L would still likely hang up.  I know I would.  Top FLight dmen are much harder to obtain. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I may try to land Seabrook though.  How about Stuart/Wheeler and a 1st rounder. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't dissagreee with these concerns and perspectives. My reading indicated that St. Louis was considering trading Johnson for a young forward with potential. I don't think Chia would be willing to include Sauve, Caron, Colborne or Arneil, but with McNight and Spooner coming up there are not going to be enough openings for all of these quality players that Chiarelli has stockpiled. Nashville seems to have the same depth on defense, so possibly they will be willing to send us one of the ones you've mentiones for Ryder. I like this Bruins team with the exception of Thornton [ not needed and short on skills] Boychuck [too reactive and slow to execute]. Without Savard, and short on CAP space I would expect Chia to bring up Hamill. NAS will enjoy that one and become a convert.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

You actually think the Bruins could get a good player for Wheeler? You people are lost. Wheeler will be in the AHL next year at his current pace.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Oh, I don't see the Blues actually traiding Pietrangelo, if they did it'd end up being Caron or Colbourne going back.

I think that if you put Suave on the wing opposite Lucic, or on Bergeron's wing you're fine, Caron proved he can play in all three zones. Colborne, and Arniel probably need to get their feet wet first, but Sauve is speed and quick hands.

In Response to Re: Possible trade opportunities : I would guess that Pietrangelo and Johnson are off the table for St Louis.  I think it would take at least Krejci and a 1st to get talking there. In Nashville they are pretty deep on the blueline with prospects.  Maybe Jonathon Blum?  But I'm am not in such a rush to move Wheeler -- I would like to see some trial by fire call-ups from Providence to assess the team depth in case of injuries.  I would want an idea of whether Caron, Sauve, Arniel are ready to contribute in playoff hockey before we move Wheeler.  I wish Colin Wilson was available.  He looks like a stud in the making.
    Posted by Fletcher1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Tyler Seguin is starting to look like a great pick.  He'll be the #2 centre possibly as early as next season. 

Bruins need an upgrade on defence.  They are in an excellent position to offer a package for Ryan Suter NSH, or Robyn Regher CGY.  I don't STL will trade away Erik Johnson. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

My pick would be Robin Regher from Calgary strictly because he's probably the most likely attainable  the others are to young for anyone to give up at this point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

There will be an auction for Ottawa's Chris Phillips, and it will cost the Bruins a high draft pick.  But is Phillips what the Bruins need?

They need a stud on the PP.  Gonchar would be a nice fit but he's earning $5M?  Yikes.

Kevin Bieksa may have been a decent pickup.  But now that Alexander Edler is off for a while with back surgery, that door is closed for good.

Won't be easy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

If Boston makes a trade it's got to count. We had Gonchar years ago and he turned out to be a defensive liability. If Boston is to win the cup they'll have to trade big...

Here's a WIN - WIN trade that Chiarelli has to consider !

(Tor) 1st Round pick  + (Min) 2nd Round pick + Prospect for UFA  Shea Weber 
               = Stanley Cup for Boston and upgrade for cash strapped Nashville

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

I think the value we are giving in most of these trades are really low

To Get a Weber, Suter, Johnson, you would really have to overpay, im thinking Toronto's first, Jordan Caron or Colborne, and a Wheeler or Ryder for Salary purposes, these guys are all elite players, who clubs just dont give away

we probably will be looking in the Kaberle, Greene , and Pikanen range

But i am still saying that Wheeler and our first round pick will go to Toronto for Kaberle....its a perfect match

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Weber is an RFA which makes any potential trade Chiarelli could do would be great because PC would control the offer sheet. I just don't see it because Shea is Nashville superstar he is the Preds only ticket draw. My only hope is Nashville gets overwhelmed by a Chiarelli offer unlikely but Boston has the right package if Nashville decided they can't afford Shea this summer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Freakin Trolls and idiots.

You can't trade Ryder or Wheeler, they are just so bad noone will want them and they will end up in AHL or even quit hockey and go farm squid or something else useless.  \How freakin idiotic.

Currently Ryder would be leading all of Nas forwards in points, only behind Weber, and Wheeler would be 4th. Yer freakin right NAS would love to have either of these 2, problem is cash. Weber is RFA and that is the reason his value is higher right now, next year they will get nothing for him if he does not sign long term, but it will cost a fortune, he will be getting a raise from his 4.5M now and Nas does not have cash.  Also any and all of their forwards are available except maybe Hornqvist, the rest make Ryder look like Crosby.

In Stl, Ryder would be 4th in points, 3rd in goals and 1st in PP goals and 4th in forward salary.  Not an unhealthy pickup for a team.  Brewer is the expendable, he is UFA, so his cost will not be near as high for trade value, and he will not be looking at getting a huge raise from 4.25M.

Meanwhile we need scoring, so we are not going to give up our 5th in points, 3rd in goals, 1st in PPG, and 3rd in GWG and 5th in salary player away for nothing either, Ryder has more value than given credit for and if he is traded we are going to need scoring power coming back because that is our problem more than amything. 

Our trades all will depend on Sav or they will be just like for like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You've got to be kidding.
    1) Weber is an RFA this year
    2) Nashville would not trade him for that package.
    3) If any GM in Nashville

If Boston makes a trade it's got to count. We had Gonchar years ago and he turned out to be a defensive liability. If Boston is to win the cup they'll have to trade big...     Here's a WIN - WIN trade that Chiarelli has to consider !     (Tor) 1st Round pick  + (Min) 2nd Round pick + Prospect for UFA  Shea Weber             = Stanley Cup for Boston and upgrade for cash strapped Nashville
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

is Ed Jovanovski finished?
    big salary I know but he's someone who is available for the right pkg.  I think

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Forget the Toronto 1st pick.  Never going to be traded.  That's gold right now.  Will end up being a Top 7 prospect.  With the 2011 draft so unpredictable, studs like Couturier may end up going 5th.

I think the most desperate team out there is SAN JOSE.  For Ference or Stuart?  Who's underachieving on that team's 2nd or 3rd line that we may scoop up?  Devon Setoguchi? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

I had a quesiton for all you guys after reading a rumor. I read the latest babble from Eklund(no, I never believe him but reading hia stuff is like a car accident you have to look) he claims PC is about to acquire Chris Phillips, which makes little sense since he's not a puck moving or offensive D-man.

My question to all you fantasy GMs...what do you go after since you can only get one player, a pucking moving D-man or a another winger to bolster the scoring?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i started this to get some views, but I'm not so sure that any trade will emerge. First- fill-in for Savard. IMO Hamill fills the bill. Playing well, knows Claude's system, small cap impact. Lines will be Ryder/Hamill/Horton; Marchand/Bergeron/Rechi;Lucic/Kreji/Seguin;Wheeler/Campbell/Paille[ replace thornton with speed and better defense] Defense is playing like Claude has directed. Only move might be to trade Boychuck for picks or young potential scorer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bogie,

How does Hamil fill in for Savy.  You say he knows the system.  Any NHL player could play this sytem.  But how many will replace Savy's offense.  We are dying for someone who can score on a reg/basis.  It isnt within our organization.  we have a lot of picks and expiring contracts and some RFA's. 

If this team doesnt make a move we are done in 2 rounds AGAIN.  I am tired of watching a good team not add a few pieces to make it elite.  regular season means absolutely nothing.  When teams hunker down in the playoffs we are gonna be in trouble.  Sure we have a great goalie.  Problem is we have to win 2-1 games and have no sure thing up front.

Sections
Shortcuts