Possible Trade...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Possible Trade...

What do you think about taking a  chance on Brian Lee from Ottawa. He has fallen out of favor in Sen City, but has good size (6'3" 210lbs) and is a good skater and puck mover. He only is a 875K cap hit. He will have to clear re-entry waivers to be traded, so even a claim at half that would be possible. Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery. I live in Calgary and seen the Flames cast aside Brett Hull, Martin St. louis, and Marc Savard, because they fell out of favor. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Possible Trade...

Uh oh you said "puck mover" LoL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He will be picked on waivers and by the time the Bruins turn comes around ...
    Doubt it Bruins can pick him up.  It would be a 438K cap hit for a pairing 4-5 Defense on most of those teams at the bottom that will have fist cracks at him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Yeah, just an idea. The b's are definately lacking in puck moving D-men. I can't say enough about Seidenberg and Boychuk though, they have been excellent.

PC was part of Drafting Lee 9th overall in 2005, so maybe he has the inside edge on him. He might not touch him with a 10' pole.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Possible Trade...:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, just an idea. The b's are definitely lacking in puck moving D-men. I can't say enough about Seidenberg and Boychuk though, they have been excellent. PC was part of Drafting Lee 9th overall in 2005, so maybe he has the inside edge on him. He might not touch him with a 10' pole.
    Posted by savybergy77[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if the opportunity would present itself he would go for it (off waivers) trying to trade from him would not work due to player needing to pass waivers.
    Hey,  since you're from Alberta ,  isn't it just a matter of time Flames management and coach get blown up ?  Yesterday Sutter (the coach) had five defensemen playing the PP in the 3rd !!!  Now that's funny .
    Do you think he was trying to send a message or just forcing the hand to fire him ?  LOL
    And Bruin fans here say this team have stopped playing for Julien ... then what are the players in Calgary doing ???  
    The grass just isn't greener on the other side.
    Another one that gets me is the witch hunt around the Boston hockey media with Horton.  Sure he's slumping but so was Ovechkin , he hadn't scored in 8 games,  this is Ovy we're talking about !!!   
    Oops got off the topic a little but Flames might also be looking to move some of their D, only problem the good ones carry big cap hits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

yeah it's a mess in Calgary. The Sutter that needs to go is the GM Darryl. I said 2 years ago we should have been getting Giordano from the flames but now he's overpriced as well. I think they will move Regher but he's too much also.

I live in Red Deer and I have Calgary and Edmonton season tickets (it's an hour drive to each from Red Deer) and Edmonton looks way better than Calgary this year. The only player on either roster that I would want to see with the B's (other than Hall or Iginla of course) would be Adam Pardy. Only 700K, 26 years old, good upside, 6'2" 210 lbs, and a UFA at season's end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Yeah and your right, we need to lay off Horton and guys because until we have a healthy Savard and Sturm, we haven't seen how good this team really is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Brian Lee can't crack the Seniorita blue line.  He has never cracked the Seniorita blue line and he makes a First-Rounder's salary.  The problem is he wears too much crinoline in his skirt - that is, he's soooooooooft.  And at this point, all you can say is that he is "considered to be" an offensive defenseman because he sure ain't a defensive defenseman!  His best pro season he hit 25...in the AHL.  For the sake of comparisons, Andrew Ference's best NHL point total is 27.

Lee is also another college-game defenseman (UND).

Now...Boychuck and McQuaid didn't make the teams that drafted them, nor did Bartkowski, Wild, or Kampfer.  Penner was a college FA.  Both Boychuk and McQuaid were acquired for very little.  Lee has a looong way to go before he'd bump any of the D on this team.  He's a poor man's Matty Hunwick.