Post Season Prospect Rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Post Season Prospect Rankings

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

MacKinnon is the best player available and Sakic might take him just because McKinnon plays so much like he used to play. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

Thats who I am thinking they take. I really like the Drouin kid though.

Kel, I think Drouin is a fine player also. When I saw them live though, I noticed that McKinnon is a straight line player whereas Drouin is more of a zig zagging style, perimeter player . I don't know if that makes sense to you but that is what I saw.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Drouin was a terror during the this years U20 Worlds. As they Memorial Cup McKinnon wore on just shined as the best player. Tough call to choose between both players. Both will be in the NHL for awhile.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Drouin was a terror during the this years U20 Worlds. As they Memorial Cup McKinnon wore on just shined as the best player. Tough call to choose between both players. Both will be in the NHL for awhile.

San, you're right. Whoever drafts either of the 2 should be happy for years. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

B's need to take Subban with their second round pick, IMO. If he was 2 inches taller he'd be a first rounder, and kids sometimes grow a couple of inches before they get to the NHL. Then with 2 Subbans' we might have a shot at PK down the road. He's arrogant and all that, but he's the Norris winner and can change our PP by himself.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

B's need to take Subban with their second round pick, IMO. If he was 2 inches taller he'd be a first rounder, and kids sometimes grow a couple of inches before they get to the NHL. Then with 2 Subbans' we might have a shot at PK down the road. He's arrogant and all that, but he's the Norris winner and can change our PP by himself.

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

I wouldn't mind drafting subban in the second but pk will never play for the bruins sorry to break up your dream. And I thought krug was already changing the pp without even a season under his belt. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

What a stupid idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The level of talent in the early stages of the 2013 NHL Draft has the potential to be as good as it's ever been, according to Columbus Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen.

So you can bet your bottom dollar that possessing three picks in the first round is something Kekalainen is thrilled about. The team is locked in at No. 14 and No. 19, with the third choice undetermined for now."

The Blue Jackets have their own pick at No. 14, as well as the Los Angeles Kings' pick from the Jeff Carter trade last season, and the New York Rangers' pick (No. 19) from the Rick Nash trade this summer. (The Kings' pick will be determined at the end of the Stanley Cup Playoffs).  Owning three first-round picks is a nice luxury to have, but would Kekalainen be willing to trade at least one if approached with a worthwhile offer.

PC needs to work some magic with Kekalainen.

Will the Oilers move down finaly ?

If the Oilers keep the pick, Lowe said the Oilers likely would take the best player available rather than look to fill a particular need. At the NHL level, the team appears to be stocked with young forwards: Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Nail Yakupov. Their top defense prospects, Lowe said, could be ready to join Justin Schultz at the NHL level as soon as next season.

"We have [Oscar] Klefbom, we have [Martin] Marincin and we have [Martin] Gernat and we have [David] Musil and Dylan Simpson at North Dakota," Lowe said. "We've drafted a lot of defensemen that we think have a good chance at playing. Is there a stud top-two defenseman [at No. 7]? You're never going to turn your back on one of those. But I think we're in a good position where we probably could lean to [take the] best player available and not have to draft for need."

Tambellini gone...I say yes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/

Can we talk about the draft yet ?

Or are we still mourning ?

Red, Who are the Jetsons gonna take ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

San, I'll be thrilled if McKenzie is right about Subban being still available at 59. He's worth taking a gamble on. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Allot of scouts are saying Subban is worth the developement gamble or he could be a steal indeed (allot of chatter about him). My "Nathan Beaulieu" of this years draft is Shea Theodore, has slipped a bit. Unless PC moves up he won't go down to the Bs spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/

Can we talk about the draft yet ?

Or are we still mourning ?

Red, Who are the Jetsons gonna take ?

Good question since they pick just before and just after the Bruins. The Jets sorely lack wingers in their system - by far their biggest development lack. I don't think they have one winger in their top ten prospects - if they fall I could see them going after Nick Sorensen, Zach Natastiuk with their 59th, and maybe Buchnevich with their 61st from Chicago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675365&navid=nhl:topheads

Yah Winnipeg has 3 picks out of the first 60.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675365&navid=nhl:topheads

Yah Winnipeg has 3 picks out of the first 60.

I was thinking more about who they could pick with their 3rd and 4th picks - they have 4 out of the first 61, with boston the only team between their third and fourth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675414

Buffalo has two picks in the top 16, Five in the first 69. Hoping PC can swing something to get another pick in the 2nd round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/52482-Ryan-Kennedys-Top-120-NHL-draft-rankings.html

40. Shea Theodore, D, Seattle
    41. Eric Comrie, G, Tri-City
    42. Justin Bailey, RW, Kitchener
    43. Zach Nastasiuk, RW, Owen Sound
    44. Connor Hurley, C, Edina
    45. Linus Arnesson, D, Djurgarden
    46. Madison Bowey, D, Kelowna
    47. Hudson Fasching, RW, U.S. NTDP
    48. Brett Pesce, D, University of New Hampshire
    49. Keaton Thompson, D, U.S. NTDP
    50. Marko Dano, C, Slovan
    51. Jonathan-Ismael Diaby, D, Victoriaville