Potential East Opponents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Potential East Opponents

NYI, Leafs, Sens.  

Anyone really scared of any of these teams.  If this was the beginning of the year and someone said we would be facing any of these teams would you be concerned?   Thought so.  

The Sens:   Work extremely hard, have a goale who could steal a series, young, fast, solid def and a great coach.   Stengths- goaltending.  Weakness- scoring.  They just arent deep enough to challenge the Bruins.  The Bruins have played the Sens extremely well.  X-factor.  Chris Neil.  Just for my buddy Dez.  

The NYI:  Another relentless working team that boasts an mvp type player.  They have very mobile defense and nabby has played very well for them this year.  Young inexperienced and not enough to beat the Bruins.  When chara eliminates tavares this series goes our way pretty easy.  It will be a rough one bc the isles have some muscle.  Strengths- mobile defense that are pretty under rated.  Weakness- experience/depth.  X-factor.  Bailey, playing great.  

The Leafs:  Fast, hit lots, fight lots, block shots.  Fun to watch.  Pretty good depth on the fwd lines.  Goaltending is gonna be a question mark for them.  They are struggling down the stretch like most.  would be a great series to watch and i would love to put them out of the playoffs.  Strengths- can match physical style and can score. Weakness- team character, too many individual ego centered players.  X-factor:  grabovski.  So skilled and can play unreal.  Hes been a dud this year but can explode.  

lets enjoy each round.  I cant wait to get this thing started.   Playoff hockey especially the first round is just the best thing on earth.  Well, almost as good as having beers with my buddy NAS, Red and her lesbian friend.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Potential East Opponents

The only teams in the east that scare me are the Ranger and the Penguins.  Every other team I think the Bruins could beat in a seven game series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

The only teams in the east that scare me are the Ranger and the Penguins.  Every other team I think the Bruins could beat in a seven game series.

And one of those teams will be gone.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nice analysis.

Some further points:

Sens: They look like a second rate version of the Bruins....strong D, solid goaltending, tough, well coached, and can't score to save their lives. B's should be able to handle their kid brother.

Isles: Lack of true depth at forward. As Tavares goes, so goes the team (you are right). Somewhat soft team, B's could (and should) have their way with them physically. D is mobile but soft as butter (especially when Carkner is in the press box). Also, Nabokov is a noted underperformer in pressure games (like the playoffs).

Buds: Sat their goons last night against the Bolts and looked like the team they were last season. Yet, Orr and McLaren are a liability on the ice, especially in the playoffs where the fights are few and far in between. A catch-22 that they really have no answer for.

B's should have no problem with any of them.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Nice analysis.

Some further points:

Sens: They look like a second rate version of the Bruins....strong D, solid goaltending, tough, well coached, and can't score to save their lives. B's should be able to handle their kid brother.

Isles: Lack of true depth at forward. As Tavares goes, so goes the team (you are right). Somewhat soft team, B's could (and should) have their way with them physically. D is mobile but soft as butter (especially when Carkner is in the press box). Also, Nabokov is a noted underperformer in pressure games (like the playoffs).

Buds: Sat their goons last night against the Bolts and looked like the team they were last season. Yet, Orr and McLaren are a liability on the ice, especially in the playoffs where the fights are few and far in between. A catch-22 that they really have no answer for.

B's should have no problem with any of them.....

Agree on all added pts.  Other then the leafs 4th line.  They have played well for them and out muscle our 4th line.  I doubt both are on the 4th line come playoffs.  I was gonna give nabby honorable mention for x-factor for your exact reasons.  Bruins have great record against all 3.  Im not worried.  Cant wait for it to start.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Agree on all added pts.  Other then the leafs 4th line.  They have played well for them and out muscle our 4th line.  I doubt both are on the 4th line come playoffs.  I was gonna give nabby honorable mention for x-factor for your exact reasons.  Bruins have great record against all 3.  Im not worried.  Cant wait for it to start.  

Very good point.

If unchallenged, Orr and Mclaren can run amok and completely intimidate a team. I thought, however that the Sens last week handled them quite well when Kassian knocked the stuffing out of Mclaren and they were relatively quiet the rest of the game. Teams with overall toughness like Ottawa and the B's should be able to handle them. If TO plays the Habs though, all bets are off.

Nabokov has always been an enigma. During the regular season he is at times Vezina worthy. Then he always seems to find a way to crap the bed come playoffs. He had a terrific team during his SJ days yet never could find a way to hold it together. The Islanders are not SJ, so I am not holding my breath. Who knows, maybe DiPietro will get called up and redeem himself....yeah, right!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Any particular reason for leaving out the Rangers? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

The Bruins could still end up playing the Rangers with a couple of games remaining in the season. Let's not discount that possibility. They would only need to move up one spot, which is feasible considering the way Ottawa has been playing as of late. 

If they play the Rangers, then it will be an incredibly tight series... think OT in at least 4 of the games. I really don't like this matchup. The Bruins tend to struggle in games against the Rangers.

If they play Ottawa, then they will basically be playing a less proven version of themselves. A very defensive oriented team that struggles to score goals at times. The fact that Ottawa is struggling now shouldn't hurt the B's either. The B's should be able to win this series.

As for the Islanders, I believe the Bruins would win in a moderately close series. Maybe 6 games. They certainly have the top end talent in Tavares and a great mobile defenseman in Streit, but they don't really have a lot in terms of talented players after that. They also have a goaltender that was struggling to find a job just a couple of years ago and has yet to perform well in the playoffs. 

Finally, in regards to the Leafs, there is no way the Bruins lose this series. I pointed this out in another thread, but the Bruins have absolutely dominated the Leafs in recent years. They are 21-5-3 against the Leafs since 08-09. I don't see that changing during the playoffs.

Of course, the Bruins also need to break out of their current slump in time for the playoffs or they could easily lose any of these series. Much like last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

If the rangers finish 7th ? a possible matchup with the Bs, unless the Bs get 4th then could be mtl vs NYR

Tonights games should tell all by the time the day is over.

If the Bs play like they can, none of these teams scare me but the question is, who scares the Bs ?

And one of those teams will be gone.  

Could be rangers there, After tonights games will have a better idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i'd rather finish 4th and play the leafs than finish 2nd and play the rangers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For some reason, I'm really excited to see who they draw for the first round.  I think this is going to be one hell of a playoff season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

For some reason, I'm really excited to see who they draw for the first round.  I think this is going to be one hell of a playoff season.

I think you're second sentence is the reason your first sentence was looking for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Well you're just going to have to wait like the rest of us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Go Winnipeg and Go Hurricanes! Screw all New York teams and their fans! The Jets are going to leap frog the Rags tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Got a pretty good clear picture now.

Ottawa will finish 6th.

Rangers last game at home against the Devils and Islanders on the road with Sabres. Both teams will go into their games with the motivation not to play the Pens . 

Rangers might not even have to beat the Devils if Isles lose in Buffalo to avoid playing the Pens .  If the NYI win tonite I still say Rangers have the advantage tomorrow and will win against the Devils.  

Of course the Bruins need the 2nd seed , I still say get ready it's Rangers - Bruins first round .  Start rolling the tape on how to beat Lundqvist.   Besides the Pens I think this is the toughest matchup for the Bruins.  One thing I'm happy is Bruin killer Gaborik is no longer with them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Ottawa will finish 6th.

Rangers last game at home against the Devils and Islanders on the road with Sabres. Both teams will go into their games with the motivation not to play the Pens . 

Rangers might not even have to beat the Devils if Isles lose in Buffalo to avoid playing the Pens .  If the NYI win tonite I still say Rangers have the advantage tomorrow and will win against the Devils.  

Of course the Bruins need the 2nd seed , I still say get ready it's Rangers - Bruins first round .  Start rolling the tape on how to beat Lundqvist.   Besides the Pens I think this is the toughest matchup for the Bruins.  One thing I'm happy is Bruin killer Gaborik is no longer with them.

why will ott finish 6th - they can still drop down to 8th.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I wouldn't like to see the Bruins play the Islanders out of the gate. Although the Bruins had success against them in the regular season I feel that the Islanders have played very well down the stretch and would be a tough opponent in the first round.

The B's have been struggling heading into the playoffs and the Islanders have been on a pretty consistent run.

I do think the Bruins would win out over all against any of the teams believed to be potential first round opponents.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Would love to play Ottawa or Toronto (have both of their numbers.....by a wide margin the past few years).

Would not like to play NYR.

Indifferent on NYI. They don't scare me, but they don't make me feel good about a matchup, either. Sometimes young teams just go balls to the wall and their inexperience is their weapon. Yes, veterans have been there before, and that can sometimes be a problem. The young guys come out flying while the veterans have a feeling of complacency. They're outmatched skill-wise, but who knows....Nabby has the ability to steal a series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lundqvist is off this year, gave up three goals on 21 shots last night to the Canes. Last three games against the Devils last year in the playoffs .897, .750 and .897 SV% and tons of fans are scared of him. Penquins, Bruins or Canadiens shouldn't be concerned with the failing King.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Lundqvist is off this year, gave up three goals on 21 shots last night to the Canes. Last three games against the Devils last year in the playoffs .897, .750 and .897 SV% and tons of fans are scared of him. Penquins, Bruins or Canadiens shouldn't be concerned with the failing King.

He shut them out in two of the three previous games.  SV% 1.000

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to red75's comment:

why will ott finish 6th - they can still drop down to 8th.

Speculating they will win against Philly (I hope) or they will give the Bruins a fight on Sunday. Nobody wants to play the Pens 1st round.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

He played horrible to start the season but wen he played the Bruins it was a complete reversal . 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He shut them out in two of the three previous games.  SV% 1.000

Didn't hold the fort, like Fluery, when the game(s) mattered, .897, .750 and .897 SV%.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Ottawa will finish 6th.

Sens can also still finish as high as 5th if they win both their games and Leafs lose to Habs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

OH, NO could be Rangers?