Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie

Bob McKenzie
    Not official yet, but BOS trading Wheeler and Stuart to ATL for Peverley and Valabik. Pending trade call.

Dmitry Chesnokov
    RT @ Not official yet, but BOS trading Wheeler and Stuart to ATL for Peverley and Valabik. Pending trade call

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

Re: Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie

I really like this deal!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

There is the salary dump to make roon for Kaberle....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Peverly while well liked by Haggs is not young and doesn't have much in terms of numbers.

Valabik is young for one of these big D-Men.  Apparently idolizes Chara, per Haggs, and B's could envision him as a late bloomer, which is not uncommon for this type of guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie:
    [QUOTE]I really like this deal!
    Posted by sgebhardt8[/QUOTE]

Why do you like it.  Valabik seems interesting.  We had to dump salary.  I'm okay with it but I don't see any reason to be excited.  I'm not being wise, I know nothing and am soliciting your opinion here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I wonder why they would bring in another center in Peverly.  It seems like a roster logjam still exists at forward.  Is Paille being dumped too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

14-20-34 for Peverly he has more points than Wheeler at $1.25Mil I like it. The Bruins are now quicker and tougher with Kelly, Peverly and Valabik.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

In Response to Re: Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie : Why do you like it.  Valabik seems interesting.  We had to dump salary.  I'm okay with it but I don't see any reason to be excited.  I'm not being wise, I know nothing and am soliciting your opinion here.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    Look at his numbers.  He is an offensive player producing more points than wheeler on a bad team the last few years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Almost every blogger I follow on Twitter is excited about Peverley.  Kluedeke, told me not to be excited about Valabik's upside as he hasn't scored a goal since 2009 in the NHL Or AHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder why they would bring in another center in Peverly.  It seems like a roster logjam still exists at forward.  Is Paille being dumped too?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch i think you may be onto something.  Could something else be coming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

|Well Peverly gives us even more scoring depth and means he grabs the third line centre slot, with Kelly going to the wing - We added two depth forwards that were better than what we had. Makes us EXTREMELY deep. I think Valabik has potential, but Peverly really helps us right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ricky, Valabik it is true he is a cone for a defenseman but it's about depth and broken foots for Dmen in the playoffs not goals. Plus Chara needed someone on the team he could see eye to eye with LoL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Love this salary dump.  Peverly is better and cheeper than Wheeler.  Very good move.  Peverly can play wing as well.  This is about having depth and versatility for the playoffs.  The third and fourth lines should be much better than they have been lately.  We are set for the post-season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]|Well Peverly gives us even more scoring depth and means he grabs the third line centre slot, with Kelly going to the wing - We added two depth forwards that were better than what we had. Makes us EXTREMELY deep. I think Valabik has potential, but Peverly really helps us right now.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the consensus, I only added that I have been told that none of Valabik's potential is on the offensive side.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]14-20-34 for Peverly he has more points than Wheeler at $1.25Mil I like it. The Bruins are now quicker and tougher with Kelly, Peverly and Valabik.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Quite a makeover hey Dog in less than 24hrs...and this is a team that is currently 3rd in conference?   Good on PC for not waiting until the 28th.. get them now and early.. I do wish PC could have pried Bryan Little instead , probably did and they said no...but I like Peverly.. he gives the Bruins another scoring threat..and yes they are much more tougher team to play against for sure..Sad to see Stuart gone, a good team player.. but unfortunately , lately , he has been injury prone..

Can't wait for PC news conference..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

I like this trade, wheeler may be younger with *perhaps* an upside but peverley will help us now has more offensive punch and we have a slew of forwards in the system that will soon fill that spot in the future.  As for Boris, he still has time to mature and become a player in the NHL.  Look at Chara's first few years in the league.  He didn't put up any real numbers until his fourth year in the league and even then it was a break out season for 23 points.  Great salary dump/move for PC here.  This could be a trade that goes under the radar now but helps in the future

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Love this salary dump.  Peverly is better and cheeper than Wheeler.  Very good move.  Peverly can play wing as well.  This is about having depth and versatility for the playoffs.  The third and fourth lines should be much better than they have been lately.  We are set for the post-season.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I'm so happy Peverley is coming to the B's!! He's always done very well against the F'ing habs!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like Peverly.  I do wonder who plays center and who plays wing on the third line.  Both Kelly and Peverly are good on draws. 

Where does Ryder play?  Where does Seguin play?  One of them sits right?  And Paille is way out of the picture...right?

Third line: Kelly-Peverly-Ryder?
    Fourth line-Thronton-Campbell-Seguin?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Potential Trade with Atlanta Wheeler and Stuart per Mckenzie : Quite a makeover hey Dog in less than 24hrs...and this is a team that is currently 3rd in conference?   Good on PC for not waiting until the 28th.. get them now and early.. but I like Peverly.. he gives the Bruins another scoring threat..and yes they are much more tougher team to play against for sure.. Can't wait for PC news conference..posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Awesome Cowboys does what Wheeler doesn't do goes to the net...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de1wQsqBnmk

Can't wait for the press conference either!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Bruins could of had Valabik for half price a month ago, he was put on re-entry waivers in early January.  And Peverly was waived late last season by Nashville.  I know this was all a salary dump to bring in Kaberle, but Atlanta got by far the better end of this deal. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins could of had Valabik for half price a month ago, he was put on re-entry waivers in early January.  And Peverly was waived late last season by Nashville.  I know this was all a salary dump to bring in Kaberle, but Atlanta got by far the better end of this deal. 
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

And the Thrashers could have signed Wheeler to an entry level contract when he did not report to the Coyotes....this is all hindsight....it is all about maximizing a return for dumping salary and I think PS did alright.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins could of had Valabik for half price a month ago, he was put on re-entry waivers in early January.  And Peverly was waived late last season by Nashville.  I know this was all a salary dump to bring in Kaberle, but Atlanta got by far the better end of this deal. 
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

That was over two years ago with Peverly.  Peverly played 82 games for Atlanta last year (and had 55 points).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I don't mind the trade.  I just didn't get why people were acting like this was some great trade by PC, it was just a necessary salary dump where Atlanta had the leverage, and took advantage, and made out a little better on the deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peverly is better than Wheeler plus Stuart wasn't going to resign in Boston anyway PC made the Bruins better than they were an hour ago!

Sections
Shortcuts