Pouliot Penalties

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Pouliot Penalties

2 games in a row he's put the Bruins on the PK at the end of a must win game. Sure the penalty in game 5 was questionable, but what the hell is this guy thinking? Lucky the B's were able to kill it this time

Noticed him taking bad and untimely penalties of and on during the regular season as well. Better not see it again in game 7.

Caron looked like a serious upgrade over Thornton, about time he's in there. Fourth line looked great.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Re: Pouliot Penalties

I think pouliot may still be on the habs payroll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He didn't deserve the penalty today. Ref missed that one, he hit the guys shoulders with his fore-arm,  not the head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

agreed. He barely touched the Cap. Whereas Marchand is bleeding and no call on the Caps 3rd goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Caron looked like a serious upgrade over Thornton, about time he's in there. Fourth line looked great.
    Posted by Bisson1

I was watching a different Caron. He got beat cleanly setting up the Caps first goal. At least once he couldn't handle the wrap-around breakout attempt and the Caps held the puck in our zone with tired D on the ice (only luck they didn't score there.) I'll take the thug who's won 2 Cups.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties:
    I was watching a different Caron. He got beat cleanly setting up the Caps first goal. At least once he couldn't handle the wrap-around breakout attempt and the Caps held the puck in our zone with tired D on the ice (only luck they didn't score there.) I'll take the thug who's won 2 Cups.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Not me and I'll be surprised if Caron isn't playing in game 7. Are you suggesting Thornton would've done a better job on the breakout? Today was the 1st game in which I wasn't worried the entire time the 4th line was out there. That said, I won't care who plays if they win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I like Caron cause he can do everything better than Thornton offensively, defensively, can fill in on the top 3 lines, plays special teams.... He's an upgrade over Thornton just about every way possible (except for fighting, which isn't really necessary at this point).

And I'm tired of Thornton extending his shifts... just get off the ice. Surprised that hasn't hurt the B's yet.

I like Thornton but I'll take Caron over him anyday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Curious to see if the Refs "let 'em play" Game 7. Alot of bogus penalty calls and missed calls this series.
    I too agree, Caron played well. Mottau even looked good. Of course the B's won so anything looked better

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Curious to see if the Refs "let 'em play" Game 7. Alot of bogus penalty calls and missed calls this series. I too agree, Caron played well. Mottau even looked good. Of course the B's won so anything looked better
    Posted by LordByron77

Good point LB. Lost in the shuffle today was a really solid game from Mottau. Coming in cold, he played great. Some really good passes that surprised me. He showed good poise with the puck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Oddly enough, no Corvo??
    Co-incidence??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oddly enough, no Corvo?? Co-incidence??
    Posted by LordByron77

He's bad luck !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

He didn't deserve the penalty today. Ref missed that one, he hit the guys shoulders with his fore-arm,  not the head.
    Posted by BsLegion

Shame on you Bs. Pouliot's skates came off the ice and the hit was high. I can't find the clip but here's what Jack and Brick think of that sort of stuff from last year. He's no Torres but he takes some real dumb penalties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpFjEv8V2h4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : Shame on you Bs. Pouliot's skates came off the ice and the hit was high. I can't find the clip but here's what Jack and Brick think of that sort of stuff from last year. He's no Torres but he takes some real dumb penalties. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpFjEv8V2h4
    Posted by Kurako

Ya, high to the shoulder pad. Watch the replay from the reverse angle, no question, bad call!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : Shame on you Bs. Pouliot's skates came off the ice and the hit was high. I can't find the clip but here's what Jack and Brick think of that sort of stuff from last year. He's no Torres but he takes some real dumb penalties. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpFjEv8V2h4
    Posted by Kurako

I don't understand why it's a trend to mention skates coming off the ice recently. Skates come off the ice in 95% of hits. Look at the Stoll hit on Burrows last night: skates came off the ice like 6 inches; no call. Skates coming up means nothing by itself. If there is no obvious head contact a call is based on 1) where the puck is 2) whether or not the player is injured. It's very objective which isn't right, and the refs can be manipulated by those players/teams/organizations with less integrity.

Pouliot call yesterday would've been borderline in pre-season games let alone a game in which the Bruins were playing for their playoff lives. It had more to do with his size advantage over the other player than anything else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : Good point LB. Lost in the shuffle today was a really solid game from Mottau. Coming in cold, he played great. Some really good passes that surprised me. He showed good poise with the puck.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, he barely played. Something like 9 minutes which is a pittance for a D man. He should have been mistake free. He was hardly out there. You can tell CJ does not really trust him. Chara had to literally play half the game. Not good in the long run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Bruins NEED McQuaid.

And I agree about Thornton, selfishly extending his shifts. He can barely keep up to the play at the beginning of a shift, let alone at the tail-end of a 90 second one.
    And other than his hit on Hendricks(?) in Game #5, he's not a great body-checker, he's rarely in position to deliver effective hits.
    It gets harder to ascertain his role as The Playoffs progress and fighting becomes scarce.
    Veteran leadership is very important, but it must be present in deed as well as words  

Inserting Caron was the right thing to do. The kid brings way more versatility to the line-up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : I don't understand why it's a trend to mention skates coming off the ice recently. Skates come off the ice in 95% of hits. Look at the Stoll hit on Burrows last night: skates came off the ice like 6 inches; no call. Skates coming up means nothing by itself. If there is no obvious head contact a call is based on 1) where the puck is 2) whether or not the player is injured. It's very objective which isn't right, and the refs can be manipulated by those players/teams/organizations with less integrity. Pouliot call yesterday would've been borderline in pre-season games let alone a game in which the Bruins were playing for their playoff lives. It had more to do with his size advantage over the other player than anything else.
    Posted by RawrBear

Because the skates coming off the ice seems to be a major part of Shanahan's new disciplinary standards (with distinction between before/ after contact). Stands to reason that refs will be looking for it. He jumped in and his hands looked high. With the benefit of a replay then yeah doesn't look bad and Laich wasn't fazed but still not the brightest. If he doesn't jump into the check there's no issue and no penalty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : Because the skates coming off the ice seems to be a major part of Shanahan's new disciplinary standards (with distinction between before/ after contact). Stands to reason that refs will be looking for it. He jumped in and his hands looked high. With the benefit of a replay then yeah doesn't look bad and Laich wasn't fazed but still not the brightest. If he doesn't jump into the check there's no issue and no penalty.

Posted by Kurako

But every single time a check is thrown it involves a "jump", however slight. It's part of the technique of checking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Pouliot's hit was not a penalty. That hit - like his 'slash' LATE in Game #5 - happens 30 times a game.

I'll give the Refs a bit of a break - I mean, who knows what's worth 2 minutes or 25 games anymore?!

Confusing, mixed-messages from the rudderless NHL are actually making the job of officiating harder not simpler.

Now, that missed (not missed, called then wrongly over-ruled!) Washington Illegal Change! Now THAT was maddening

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : But every single time a check is thrown it involves a "jump", however slight. It's part of the technique of checking.
    Posted by RawrBear

Ok but Shanahan has made the distinction a lot whether the feet come up before or after contact is made. The players should be wary of that. If the NHL is making a big deal of it then zebras are likely looking for it and they don't get the benifit of multiple replays from different angles.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : Ok but Shanahan has made the distinction a lot whether the feet come up before or after contact is made. The players should be wary of that. If the NHL is making a big deal of it then zebras are likely looking for it and they don't get the benifit of multiple replays from different angles.
    Posted by Kurako

I know I get it. Sometimes they'll call it, sometimes they won't. Mostly depends on the hitter and the person getting hit, not the actual hit itself unless the person hit plays dead. I get it. All that BS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : Dez, he barely played. Something like 9 minutes which is a pittance for a D man. He should have been mistake free. He was hardly out there. You can tell CJ does not really trust him. Chara had to literally play half the game. Not good in the long run.
    Posted by jmwalters

JM, I know he didn't play much but I didn't see him as a liability out there. I thought he did a decent job overall. Playing a must-win as your 1st game of the playoffs can't be easy. He played like a pro.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot Penalties : JM, I know he didn't play much but I didn't see him as a liability out there. I thought he did a decent job overall. Playing a must-win as your 1st game of the playoffs can't be easy. He played like a pro.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Fair enough. I just wish he could be counted on to play more minutes. Even Corvo was playing 16 to 17 per game. The B's can't relalistically expect the big man to play half the game all the way to another cup win. I mean, he is in excellent shape but that type of wear and tear will even burn him out.

Let's hope Motteau can log in some more quality minutes next game.

Domo Arigato Mr. Motteau!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Mottau is 10x better at Corvo w/ getting shots to the net.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

As we've seen, Pouliot can score some gigantic goals. Here's hoping he gets one Wednesday. And I definitely like Caron over Thornton (though Thorny is awright by me in most situations!) and Motteau over Corvo. Caron has developed. He was green early in the year, and rightfully didn't play much, but he's figured it out. Much like Segs figured it out this year versus last. Corvo should never get on the ice again for the Bruins in his career unless we're down to only three other defensemen before the end of the playoffs. Then and only then LOL.

Sections
Shortcuts