Pouliot reminds me of...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Re: Pouliot reminds me of...

Blake Wheeler, only much worse

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'll never understand how fans can call out a guy who gets a sporadic 8 minutes a game, in a new system, with no opportunities on special teams, and with revolving linemates. Remember how bad Kelly and Peverly looked for their first month or so? And they were getting solid minutes for a team that was playing well overall at the time.

Pouliot is not the problem. He might not be the solution, but who knows if he's not getting any chances. I'd say he's a prime candidate to bump up to the first line, give 18 minutes and send a message to Horton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Pouliot reminds me of...

a chicken with his head chopped off...that is all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

wow, what a great insightful thread. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Daniel Paille!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Blake Wheeler -2.0 works

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

He is what he is, another Habs castoff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

only players playin good on the bruins are the goaltenders

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...the rest of the forwards (save Seguin)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot reminds me of...:
    In Response to Re: Pouliot reminds me of... : Fletch, I thought he at least scored a goal every so often for those teams.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Good point. 

I think he has generally matched the dissatisfaction among management and fans that he experienced in those cities though...sigh...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Pouliot reminds me of...

...Pouliot, on Montreal and Minnesota.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

I haven't been impressed by BP but what to do?

You have a guy playing 8 minutes doing not much and you got a lot of other guys on the team doing same.

Do you give BP more minutes to see what he can do (although I assume they know that) or do they continue to give him 7-8 mins a game and he remains a whipping boy?

I wouldn't mind seeing what he could on the 1st line....I know Lucic is playing better but thrown BP there, leave Looch on 3rd line even for a game to see what gives.

If he destined just to be a plug player then so be it and we can have more interesting threads.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

...Stanislov Chistov, another top 5 draft pick gamble that blew up in PC's face!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Pouliot reminds me of... ...Pouliot, on Montreal and Minnesota.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch, I thought he at least scored a goal every so often for those teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot reminds me of... ...Pouliot, on Montreal and Minnesota.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE

sounds about right

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

...Stanislov Chistov, another top 5 draft pick gamble that blew up in PC's face!!
    Posted by bnice0015

If you're going to trash PC or anyone else for that matter, at least tell the whole story. PC traded a 3rd round pick in the 2008 draft for Chistov. There is not one player in the 3rd round of the 2008 NHL draft that is worth much of anything so don't see how it was a gamble that blew up in his face. 

PC took a low-to-no risk gamble on Pouliot just like Chistov.  

If Pouliot doesn't work, so what, you didn't invest significant money in the guy and he does have skill.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

How is BP not a gamble?  The gamble is placing this guy into an everyday lineup in hopes that he can produce.  Thus far, he is not worth the $$ or a roster spot.  Every game BP is in the lineup is a game somebody else is not.  I am not bashing PC, he has done a remarkable job (obviously), but his dabbling into former top 5 draft selection cast-offs has not worked out well.  Thats all I was saying.  In Response to Re: Pouliot reminds me of...:
    In Response to Re: Pouliot reminds me of... : If you're going to trash PC or anyone else for that matter, at least tell the whole story. PC traded a 3rd round pick in the 2008 draft for Chistov. There is not one player in the 3rd round of the 2008 NHL draft that is worth much of anything so don't see how it was a gamble that blew up in his face.  PC took a low-to-no risk gamble on Pouliot just like Chistov.   If Pouliot doesn't work, so what, you didn't invest significant money in the guy and he does have skill.
    Posted by nrguy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

How is BP not a gamble?  The gamble is placing this guy into an everyday lineup in hopes that he can produce.  Thus far, he is not worth the $$ or a roster spot.  Every game BP is in the lineup is a game somebody else is not.  I am not bashing PC, he has done a remarkable job (obviously), but his dabbling into former top 5 draft selection cast-offs has not worked out well.  Thats all I was saying.  In Response to Re: Pouliot reminds me of... :
    Posted by bnice0015

He's a low risk gamble, the exact kind of gamble you make with your last roster spot. The hope is that Caron plays well enough to have Pouliot be the healthy scratch. 

I know everyone would like to see a guy from Providence or a prospect in Juniors play, but they're not ready.

His low risk moves on high draft picks has worked out as well as you would expect. By my count he's 1 for 3 on his gambles with the only loss a 3rd round draft pick (Chistov, Wheeler, Pouliot).  

To me, that's being a smart GM, not a failure that hurts the team - as you frame it. 

Please tell me who else the Bruins could put in that spot for the same money and risk - Sauve, Hamil, Spooner, Knight, & other prospects aren't ready. To harp on BP is silly since the guy will be a healthy scratch for half of the year and especially since PC gave up nothing to get a cheap high upside free agent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by Chappy28

Wheeler got more icetime and when made double his money he was worse .  AT least Pouliot bangs a little.
    I also am a little disappointed but I'll judgement when the whole teams does well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Pouliot reminds me of....

A 2 dollar prostitute, they'll both svck for you for cheap.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

....Bob Joyce, Peter Douris, Chris Winnes, John Byce, Fred Knipscheer, Marty McInnis, Scott Pellerin, Andy Hilbert, Travis Green, Brad Isbister, Michal Grosek, Petr Tenkrat, Peter Schaefer, etc. etc.  Just another guy filling up a jersey and taking up a valuable roster spot.  Sure his contract is minimal and low risk but still a waste of a roster spot and ice time non the less.  An entry level rookie could bring in just as much value for less of an investment than Pouliot.   

This team is now without Ryder and Recchi (two 40-50 point per year players).  Criticize these two all you want but to me their loss is being felt.  This layer of depth has yet to be replaced with actually capable talent imo.  It's fine for Seguin and Peverly to move up the depth chart provided their former roles are being filled with capable pieces.  For me, the jury is still out on Pouliot and Caron and whether or not they are capable of filling any top 12 forward role.

The Bruins had 3 lines that could consistently score last year.  Ryder was on the 3rd line (with Kelly and Peverly) and this line scored some huge goals in the playoffs.  At the end of the day, this team is not as deep as it was in 2011.  Add this fact to this hangover BS and you got a slumping team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

How about bringing back Mark Recchi? I don't care how old he is, he will give you all he has got.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

A thread on Pouliot? Really? Too much time on your hands people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Posted by Chappy28

No fair poaching my analogy, which I made before the season even started. (Too lazy to find the post, but this is exactly what I said.) Not a big deal since they got him on the cheap but he is taking up space.

The guy stinks --literally--on ice. There's a reason he got limited ice time in Montreal and fell out of favor w/the coaches.

yeah, he's not the scapegoat for what's ailing the team right now--there are too many goats to mention....but I knew he was a tomato can well before he proved me right. I don't care how many games into the season it is--he's at best a 4th line garbage time grinder, and that's being charitable.

Sections
Shortcuts