Pouliot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Pouliot

Okay, please, someone give me a reason to like this guy's game.  Focused on him for 5 or 6 shifts in a row last night, and all I'm seeing is him falling down, turning the puck over, skating hard but not really getting anything done, and generally making himself useless out there.  And there's something about the way he barrels into corners that reminds me of Happy Gilmore...and not in a good way.  I know the idea is to give him 10-20 games to get acclimated and used to the system, but maybe this is the very reason Montreal and Minnesota both ditched him.  Someone please tell me this guy was worth $1.1M and that I need to be more patient.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Pouliot

In Response to Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]Okay, please, someone give me a reason to like this guy's game.  Focused on him for 5 or 6 shifts in a row last night, and all I'm seeing is him falling down, turning the puck over, skating hard but not really getting anything done, and generally making himself useless out there.  And there's something about the way he barrels into corners that reminds me of Happy Gilmore...and not in a good way.  I know the idea is to give him 10-20 games to get acclimated and used to the system, but maybe this is the very reason Montreal and Minnesota both ditched him.  Someone please tell me this guy was worth $1.1M and that I need to be more patient.
    Posted by wilsondogg[/QUOTE]

I think he's still leading the team in hits fwiw.

He has pretty decent form but other than hits, is having a problem finishing plays.

Overvalued at $1.1 from what I've seen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I believe that he was responsible for drawing the 2 penalties that resulted in 2 power play goals by the B's.  In addition, being the new guy is hard enough, being involved in line juggling on top of that is daunting.  It took Kelly & Peverley awhile to adjust as well.  His effort has been there every game.  The chemistry will come. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Non-stats related.  For his overall game, control of himself physically, I think I'm seeing a gradual improvement in him, he's starting to seem more in control.  It is slight.  But I thinking there is a little less flailing and spas attacks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

A new team, different system, linemates switched around... really hard to evaluate the guy as a Bruin at this point. He forced a few penalties, but he took a few penalties. Work in progress...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]I believe that he was responsible for drawing the 2 penalties that resulted in 2 power play goals by the B's.  In addition, being the new guy is hard enough, being involved in line juggling on top of that is daunting.  It took Kelly & Peverley awhile to adjust as well.  His effort has been there every game.  The chemistry will come. 
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Point taken.  He did indeed draw those two calls (ironically enough, by falling down.)  Thanks.  My blood pressure just lowered a bit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Benoit had his best game as a Bruin last night but still is turning the puck over quite a bit. When the offense suffers again against better a defensive teams PC has to make a decision on how to get more offense out of the 3rd line. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]A new team, different system, linemates switched around... really hard to evaluate the guy as a Bruin at this point. He forced a few penalties, but he took a few penalties. Work in progress...
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

I would not go as far as to say different system. Both Julien and Martin play the same system. Only difference is the Habs rely on their speed breaking out to generate offense and the Bruins instead go towards the net stronger physically on offense.
    I can see him start producing goals once the lines settle down.
    Maybe against his former team next week back to back ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Too many turnovers and totally wasted plays. He should switch lines with Paille. Paille is a better player and I think also drew two penalties last night. Put Pouliot on the 4th, take all the pressure off of him and hope he proves serviceable (and hope Paille stays within himself even in a bigger role). I think the Bruins are better served by getting Paille on the ice more. He plays like a 80/20 game, where 80 percent of his shifts are strong and reliable and accomplish something. That's a very high percentage. Pouliot is probably at about 50/50 so far if we want to be generous but as long as he keeps working hard (which he seems to be) the bad shifts don't become disastrous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Too many turnovers and totally wasted plays. He should switch lines with Paille. Paille is a better player and I think also drew two penalties last night. Put Pouliot on the 4th, take all the pressure off of him and hope he proves serviceable (and hope Paille stays within himself even in a bigger role). I think the Bruins are better served by getting Paille on the ice more. He plays like a 80/20 game, where 80 percent of his shifts are strong and reliable and accomplish something. That's a very high percentage. Pouliot is probably at about 50/50 so far if we want to be generous but as long as he keeps working hard (which he seems to be) the bad shifts don't become disastrous.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]

That's NOT how I would feel about it if I was him, it would be a demotion.

Paille - stone fingers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

Pouliot is what he is for 1.1mill, he is very replaceable, but usefull if injuries occur for now, i think Julien will play him for those 20 games to see what he has and then he will be in and out of the lineup, honestly this guy for a # 4 overall pick is a bust

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

As previously noted........he seems to be all over the ice, but not in much control. Haven't followed him much as a player up to this point, but as others have noted, given his new home/linemates/system, it will take a bit of time to get comfortable. If anyone can have a positive effect on him.......Claude will be the man.

Otherwise, he may not be a Bruin long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

In Response to Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]Okay, please, someone give me a reason to like this guy's game.  Focused on him for 5 or 6 shifts in a row last night, and all I'm seeing is him falling down, turning the puck over, skating hard but not really getting anything done, and generally making himself useless out there.  And there's something about the way he barrels into corners that reminds me of Happy Gilmore...and not in a good way.  I know the idea is to give him 10-20 games to get acclimated and used to the system, but maybe this is the very reason Montreal and Minnesota both ditched him.  Someone please tell me this guy was worth $1.1M and that I need to be more patient.
    Posted by wilsondogg[/QUOTE]

Pouliot has skated well, taken the body and has played with a lot of energy this year. But he still plays out of control and out of postion too often, turns the puck over too much and he doesn't generate much offense for himself or for his linemates.

He's a body that can be servicable on the third and fourth line and to fill in when injuries occur.  He certainly shouldn't be playing on the top two lines or on the power play.

I imagine Pouliot and Caron will both be in and out of the lineup based on their play and either could wind back up in the minors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

[QUOTE]Too many turnovers and totally wasted plays. He should switch lines with Paille. Paille is a better player and I think also drew two penalties last night. Put Pouliot on the 4th, take all the pressure off of him and hope he proves serviceable (and hope Paille stays within himself even in a bigger role). I think the Bruins are better served by getting Paille on the ice more. He plays like a 80/20 game, where 80 percent of his shifts are strong and reliable and accomplish something. That's a very high percentage. Pouliot is probably at about 50/50 so far if we want to be generous but as long as he keeps working hard (which he seems to be) the bad shifts don't become disastrous.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]

I have been saying that for weeks that Paille Krejci and Peverly should be the third line. Or at least that Paille should play on the third line and now that it consists of Krejci and Peverly I like that combination. I think Pouiloit would do fine working with Campbell and Thorton and actually help him assimilate to the team and fit faster. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

You want our best offensive forward on the 3rd line with Paille?  /vomits

Paille looks lost out there, and I don't think he could score on an open net if he had the puck in the crease.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Pev and Krejci can score and Paille can dig out the puck and win battles open the ice. Again regardless CJ is going to go with four balanced lines. Unless you put Bergeron on the top line and he is the best center right now what else can you do. Seguin is too young to work as the third line center and he looks good with Lucic. Really how else can you make the lines balanced. Before you throw another vomit bomb.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

At least he's putting in the effort. Give him some more time. If he's still working hard but not seeing any results and making weak plays around Christmas then he becomes chum. Him and Caron are both 13th forwards at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pouliot : I would not go as far as to say different system. Both Julien and Martin play the same system. Only difference is the Habs rely on their speed breaking out to generate offense and the Bruins instead go towards the net stronger physically on offense. I can see him start producing goals once the lines settle down. Maybe against his former team next week back to back ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I have not been impressed with him so far, but I would love to see him wake up & stick it to the Habs in the home & home next week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Paille belongs on the 4th line, and Pouliot belongs in the press box

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pouliot : I think he's still leading the team in hits fwiw. He has pretty decent form but other than hits, is having a problem finishing plays. Overvalued at $1.1 from what I've seen.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]

A third line winger at $1.1M is overpaid?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Why does every fan always pick on a new player??? Dam people will never learn. You would be doing the same thing if you went to a new team. You would be all over the place not knwing what todo or where to go. You would be just like Pouliot or Ochocinco. People need to give new players on a new team some dam time. 6games and he has played with new linemates already. He is going thru the same thing as Seguin did last year. Look at Seguin now. Pouliot will put up good numbers. Just give him some time. TIME. TIME. TIME. Is what they need.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I was not a fan of Pouliot's at first but he looks open to learn under CJ so I am willing to give him a chance and he has shown moments to build on for sure. I like him working with K and P. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I don't really see any negatives in his game as a third liner. In terms of effort he's probably been one of the most consistent Bruins every game so far. Worst thing I could say is he has taken like two bad penalties, but so does everyone at times.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

looked really akward out there lasy night... stumblebumb.

prolly should be am inch shorter and 10lbs heavier....