Pouliot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Pouliot

2 quick points on Pouliot--

Happy to see those that trashed him personally, PC for acquiring him and CJ for having faith in him -- eat some crow.

Loved the goal -- Too bad he couldn't save it for the Habs -- substitute Subban for Kulikov -- Price for Theodore and its a dream come true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Another good thing about Pouliot is that he'll be a RFA this summer and not a UFA (PC won't have to outbid others if he still wants him).

Here's a video of that goal.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/ben-pouliot-scores-arguably-bruins-best-goal-of-the-year-with-incredible-tally-against-panthers.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Pouliot is playing awesome. Interesting that a coulpe of people who are now singing his praises said he was an awful pickup. Dez, welcome aboard the Pouliot train, there's hope for you yet!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Pouliot reminds me of a Glenn Murray but with much more speed. If he can put up Murray like numbers as he develops he'll be a fine player for the B's. I love his nastiness!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pouliot's goal is so typical of him.  He loses the puck, regains it, falls down and scores.  He can skate and score as well as he can look like a baby giraffe learning to walk and lose the puck.

His positive talent is 125%, his negative ability is 50%. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Happy to see those that trashed him personally, PC for acquiring him and CJ for having faith in him -- eat some crow. Zamboni

Zamboni you are so right! But those guys that criticized this pickup won't come out and admit it, they're like the Habs, sneaky and shifty. They know only how to berate, and know nothing about judging talent. Pouliot rocks! I'd be very impressed if even one of them admitted it on this thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot:
    Happy to see those that trashed him personally, PC for acquiring him and CJ for having faith in him -- eat some crow. Zamboni Zamboni you are so right! But those guys that criticized this pickup won't come out and admit it, they're like the Habs, sneaky and shifty. They know only how to berate, and know nothing about judging talent. Pouliot rocks! I'd be very impressed if even one of them admitted it on this thread.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

There was no reason for anyone to think that Pouliot was going to be a positive acquisition to the team.

In reviewing the stats, he's actually not even doing as well this year (.32ppg) as he did last season for the Habs (.38ppg).  At the present time, Pouliot has five points more than Adam McQuaid.  No one needs to be tarred and feathered for not expecting much just yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Happy to see those that trashed him personally, PC for acquiring him and CJ for having faith in him -- eat some crow. Zamboni Zamboni you are so right! But those guys that criticized this pickup won't come out and admit it, they're like the Habs, sneaky and shifty. They know only how to berate, and know nothing about judging talent. Pouliot rocks! I'd be very impressed if even one of them admitted it on this thread.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Watch yourself Buddy! Some of those u talk about you're not even in the same universe when it comes to hockey knowledge. Stop using an alias to help your argument. It's sadly pathetic!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot : There was no reason for anyone to think that Pouliot was going to be a positive acquisition to the team. In reviewing the stats, he's actually not even doing as well this year (.32ppg) as he did last season for the Habs (.38ppg).  At the present time, Pouliot has five points more than Adam McQuaid.  No one needs to be tarred and feathered for not expecting much just yet.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Good call NAS! I said that I thought Bergeron was going to bring Benoit around this yr. I said I thought that maybe he knows this is his last shot to make a mark, or settle for a minor league career, so that may motivate the guy. However, even though he's playing well enough not to take him out of the lineup in favor of Caron. I don't think it's a reason to chastise anyone who thought the guy was/is/alwayswillbe/ a dud. He certainly had that written all over him. It's great he's playing well, but to even put him in a Ryder category is a little premature. And I meant Ryder as an asset.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

My immediate observation here is that Nightmare is utterly clueless, but then I knew that before his posts. Again Nightmare, Pouliot rocks. The only true nightmare is that you pretend to know hockey. Pouliot!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

OrrEspo, I defended you a while ago regarding the "pumping your own tires" on your opinion of Pouliot.....it's pretty clear that the others were right. I wasn't following these boards for a while, and you're trying to play the "I knew it all along!" card. Maybe you did, but he obviously has upside when he was a 4th overall pick, just like Hamill has some playmaking upside.
    I am normally against NAS and his usually cynical opinions, but he's right here....
    This post isn't to take anything away from Pouliot, or your analysis. Great job. But get over it.....you went out on a limb and you got yourself a juicy apple. Eat it. Enjoy it. Stop it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

My immediate observation here is that Nightmare is utterly clueless, but then I knew that before his posts. Again Nightmare, Pouliot rocks. The only true nightmare is that you pretend to know hockey. Pouliot!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Who's Nightmare? Sounds pretty clueless to spell Nite. N-i-g-h-t! What a dolt!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Very nice goal by Pouliot.  Points in each of the last three and four of the last five.

He is playing really well with Peverley and Kelly, has been a nice fit on that left side.  Let's hope his recent play is what we will see more of over the next 49 games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by OrrEspoCash

Re: Why not Chucky Kobasew? He was a trooper here.

posted at 11/1/2011 6:12 PM EDT

First: 2/25/2011
    Last: 12/26/2011
    Trooper I mean to imply is a team guy, no drama, kind of like a Kelly or Bergeron.

And yes Kurako, Sturm would be great; he's streaky but apparently so are most of the Bruins these days. In fact, If I could swap out Pouliot and Caron and add in Sturm and Kobasew think of the difference in team speed! Sturm, Kobasew, Kelly, Seguin, Peverley, and Paille can all fly.
    New post Reply to this post Ignore OrrEspoCash

e: Why not Chucky Kobasew? He was a trooper here.

posted at 11/1/2011 1:10 PM EDT

That's what I mean Krazie, he replaces Pouliot or maybe Caron, in a minor move. He's quick, and wouldn't be expensive. Trade Pouliot, send caron down, and play Chuck. And see what happens. The roster would be improved by 5% or so, which might be enough.

Yeah, you're the guy who suggested trading Pouliot for Kobasew. It's funny when you show up later claiming you knew it all along even though we can all see what you really wrote. You're like a small child with still undeveloped social skills. It's probably too late to change but good luck trying. It is Christmas after all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Blow It Up

posted at 10/31/2011 10:04 PM EDT

I agree that the stagnant offseason was a huge miscalculation by Chia, similar to pre-lockout when the B's let all their stars loose (Gonchar, Knuble, etc.) thinking they were smarter than everyone else. Well, Knublke would still be one of the best Bruins today, and PC wasn't real smart going status quo while everyone else was retooling for the sole reason of being able to beat the cup champ Bruins. Know what? They've proven that it worked!
    Now PC must recover from his funk and quickly add a piece to the mix. Totally blowing up the team isn't necessary, But someone of great import must come in and move everyone else down a spot, and Caron back to the AHL where he still belongs. A Versteeg type, speedy and deceptive, or a big center like Brian Boyle or Jason Arnott. Tuuka is the bait, in my opinion.
    New post Reply to this post Ignore OrrEspoCash

Here's another of your "winners".

posted at 10/29/2011 8:09 PM EDT

When you win a cup based almost entirely on superhuman efforts of a 37 year old goaltender, due diligence dictates that you get a true sniper over the summer, under the tried and true assumption that a 37 year old goalie can only have so many superhuman games in him. Especially when 90 percent of the league has made big changes to catch up to you. Somebody was asleep at the wheel this summer. Hello, Mr. Chiarelli.

No need to worry--Dezaruchi said at the start of the season that this roster is good enough to repeat. He will be proven wrong, as per usual, when Chaiarelli pulls the plug on a deal top revamp. Dez=incorrect. The two words are synonymous. God I love his posts!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

4 GWG from Benoit, too. Leads the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

GWP (game winning posts) from Dez:  3

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

LMAO! This is KARMA at it's finest!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Pouliot's goal is so typical of him.  He loses the puck, regains it, falls down and scores.  He can skate and score as well as he can look like a baby giraffe learning to walk and lose the puck. His positive talent is 125%, his negative ability is 50%. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

come on he's got some good moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=kxQ_sJcchPo&feature=endscreen

Sections
Shortcuts