Pouliot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Pouliot

15 goals in a part time performance (With still time left). Imagine if he got full minutes? We're talking an easy 20+ goals. Kudos to the big guy. I sincerely hope they keep him around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Pouliot

Showed some sweet skill on that backhander for sure. I think he deserves a fair contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Just in time for the play offs a determine third line that will play hard. This line if consistent can cause menace to other lines. Poulit Kelly and Rolly will be the line that will help us in the play offs. Peverly on the 1st is alright for me he smart defensively and can score. Krejci and Pev will give Lucic more open offensive  opportunities.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've never seen a guy that scores so few with so much skill for almost every one of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]I've never seen a guy that scores so few with so much skill for almost every one of them.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

couldn't put it any better!

the guy has mad skills.  if only he could play like this all the time he'd be an elite player.  not sure where he disappears sometimes...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

He is winning me over. I just wish he would show more of it. There are too many games where he doesn't. The Bruins could sure use more of this come playoff time.

Sweet backhand though.

And how about the Peverly goal ? Backhand pass from Lucic with a Peverly backhand finish. Backhand's all over the place last night from them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]I've never seen a guy that scores so few with so much skill for almost every one of them.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

That's a good way to describe it.  He's got such big range and some speed, but he never really harnesses those skills to his advantage like you'd think.

I guess at this point, as he plays on the 3rd line,  I am really only concernend with his consistency as a defenisve player up front.   Anything else is a bonus.  That 3rd line will eventually find ways to chip in here and there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

He really is working these days. He hits, he skates, and he scores some amazing goals. You need guys like him to round out a roster. Teams know they have to give him some coverage, so that frees up the other guys more than if he wasn't so upredictably effective. I've always been a Poulit man, and said they aught to take him last summer. I was so happy they did! Also happy for Caron's development. Let's keep as many guys as we can this time around. No more cutting talent like we did with Ryds last summer. Please Chia, sign Pouliot back on board!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I admit, I hated the signing of Pouliot in the offseason. He has pleasantly surprized me with his 15 goals this season. I don't know if I would go as far as to say he could be elite or if I would be begging Chia to resign him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He made some really good use of his reach last night too.  He seems to do well in the kind of role he gets on the 3rd line.  I'm not sure he'd score more elsewhere, he just hasn't been consistent enough.

If they keep him, fine; if not he's certainly upped his trade value (he'll be a RFA).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]He made some really good use of his reach last night too.  He seems to do well in the kind of role he gets on the 3rd line.  I'm not sure he'd score more elsewhere, he just hasn't been consistent enough. If they keep him, fine; if not he's certainly upped his trade value (he'll be a RFA).
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Wasn't he a UFA when Bruins signed him ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pouliot : Wasn't he a UFA when Bruins signed him ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Yes, because Montreal declined to qualify him.  I don't really know how these rules work, but capgeek has his expiratory status as RFA, and I seem to remember that being mentioned a few times earlier in the season so I think it is correct.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

poulliot will be this years ryder. he'll notch a few big ones in the playoffs, let's just hope he doesn't have to play net!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pouliot : Yes, because Montreal declined to qualify him.  I don't really know how these rules work, but capgeek has his expiratory status as RFA, and I seem to remember that being mentioned a few times earlier in the season so I think it is correct.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Truly confusing.  Thanks CC

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

This always seems to happen. Pouliot has a good game or two where he displays his skill and determination and then people start liking him and want to re-sign him. Then he disappears for a few games and he is forgotten. Story of his career so far. He is a cheap short-term option but, unless he gains conisistency, nothing more at this point in his career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot:[QUOTE] I'm not sure he'd score more elsewhere, he just hasn't been consistent enough. If they keep him, fine; if not he's certainly upped his trade value (he'll be a RFA). Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

That's a really good point and might have earned himself a bump in pay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Right on Jaywall. This guy is an enigma. His work on the goal was great, but then he fades into the woodwork. Coverage was the declining problem last nite. Corvo was facing the wrong way when Crosby scored his first[ Corvo often does that] and kelly had a poor nite in letting go of Crosby coverage on Crosby's second gift. Kreji and Kelly were out of synch all night, and either the Goalie knew what Seguin would do , on every shot, or he was lucky. Seguin did blow it when he and Marchand were in alone. A quick pass beck to Marsh was a sure goal, but Seguin shot, and the goalie saved. The usual officiating against anything Bruin, and , once again, the guys in the sky failed to see the glove hand hit the pick into the net.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Even when he "disappears" for games at a time he's still using his speed, good positioning offensively and defensively, hasn't been falling over himself as much, and he never passes up the opportunity to finish a check. Plus, he one punched Krejci last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I had predicted that Pouliot would get 20 and some people laughed. 5 goals off with 3 games remaining. I'll take that as good enough for my standards. He has made some sweet goals. Just needs to become more consistent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Even when he "disappears" for games at a time he's still using his speed, good positioning offensively and defensively, hasn't been falling over himself as much, and he never passes up the opportunity to finish a check. Plus, he one punched Krejci last year.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't have a problem with him if this were true. Much like Shawn Thornton, every time Pouliot gets a sniff of some offense, he forgets what got him here and loses the physical aspect of his game in favour of "dangling". He threw 1 check last night in the 1st period. He threw none for 2 periods after his goal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I liked the signing at first. Wasn't working out at the beginning but has found his place/role the last half of the season. The Playoffs are a new season. Guys finish their checks and compete at a different level.
    I believe Pouliot has another level and as a 3rd line winger, should be a Great addition to the B's during the Playoffs
    His contract isn't too bad, but certainly not worth a hefty raise, YET.
    Here's hoping he plays worthy of a huge raise. PC will have to do his job and consider re-signing him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Right on Jaywall. This guy is an enigma. His work on the goal was great, but then he fades into the woodwork. Coverage was the declining problem last nite. Corvo was facing the wrong way when Crosby scored his first[ Corvo often does that] and kelly had a poor nite in letting go of Crosby coverage on Crosby's second gift. Kreji and Kelly were out of synch all night, and either the Goalie knew what Seguin would do , on every shot, or he was lucky. Seguin did blow it when he and Marchand were in alone. A quick pass beck to Marsh was a sure goal, but Seguin shot, and the goalie saved. The usual officiating against anything Bruin, and , once again, the guys in the sky failed to see the glove hand hit the pick into the net.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Seguin did have his chances to be sure. Just wasn't in the cards for him unfortunately. The thing with him this year is that, as last night showed, even when he is not burying them he is still creating offensive chances and is a consistent threat. Perhaps more consistent than any other Bruin. This brings the attention of the opposing D on him and frees up more space for his linemates and even other lines who do not have to bare the sole brunt of the best D pairing the other team has to offer. This is a very significant thing which does not always show up on the scoresheet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I like Pouliot ... when he skates hard.  He's got incredible skill but he needs to skate with a consistent purpose and, if he does, he can be a real weapon in the playoffs.  His performance in the second season will determine if the Bs resign him.  I hope they do, because that means both Pouliot and the team had success.  Can't wait for next Thursday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why does he fall down so much?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

for the time hes been on the ice he's been a pretty good player, i'd love to see him back next season. About his inconsistency who in the bruins lineup didn't have there own? Kelly even said that he's playing with 2 great players referring to Pouliot & Rolston. Chia bring him back next season !

Sections
Shortcuts