Powerless play!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Powerless play!

The PP had a perfect chance to set the tone & a statement & now it's 0-13. It obviously was a lot more than a pmd that was missing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Powerless play!

Agree. Our PP still stinks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

WE NEEDED A GOAL SCORER AT THE DEADLINE. DID GOOD WITH KABERLE.BUT KELLY AND PEVERLY. TWO MORE ROLE PLAYERS THAT WE DIDN'T NEED.
    would have been nice to get Brad Boise but he went to buffalo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from er877. Show er877's posts

B's should start declining penalties...seriously, PP is truly pathetic, and will keep this team from doing anything in the postseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

the bruins can't play a full 60 and the power play sucks yup claudes STILL our coach!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Good God! I never seen such a worthless PP in my life!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

they need to do more down in the corners and in front of the net . Montreal was giving them the space out on points but they just really clogged up the middle.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

There is one dimension to the PP. Basically, the strategy is get it back to Kaberle to set up Chara for a one-timer and screen the goalie. They really seem to do nothing more than that. When the puck is down low there is little movement by the forwards who are just trying to work it back to the point rather than set up a play to an open man in front. this is so easy to defend. What good is Kaberle if they are so predictable? A "puck moving defenseman" was not the problem. They need real goal scorers. Horton is not that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Anybody suggest using Seguin on the power play? ;^) Seems like he has the perfect skill set for it and I thought he had one of his better games as a pro last night. 

I'm sick of seeing him hustle his a.s off to harass the puck carrier and fight to poke the puck free, so that Thornton can get it and do absolutely nothing with it. Seguin still doesn't cycle "well enough" and doesn't work the boards "well enough" for top line minutes, but he does do plenty of other things that you can't teach and finds ways to create chances. Plus, with all that polished cycling and board work that we currently have on the PP, we get bupkis on the scoreboard. 

Maybe you can wait one more game, but I'm not sure why you'd want to. It seems like now's the time to make that change and hope you find yourself with a legit scoring threat for the playoffs.

Thornton and Ryder should be on the same line. Ryder has reverted badly to black hole form. There wouldn't be a single pass on the line all game. 

Peverly really is looking like a faster Blake Wheeler, even down to the high-speed rush into the zone that turns into a forced backhander with 0% chance of scoring. 

Horton still playing with grit and seems to be enjoying it. Happy to see that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Powerless play!:
    The PP had a perfect chance to set the tone & a statement & now it's 0-13. It obviously was a lot more than a pmd that was missing!
    Posted by nitemare-38

time to decline the power play, its awful they dont even come close to scoring and if they dont get it figured out they will go down quickly in the playoffs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: Powerless play!:
    Anybody suggest using Seguin on the power play? ;^) Seems like he has the perfect skill set for it and I thought he had one of his better games as a pro last night.  I'm sick of seeing him hustle his a.s off to harass the puck carrier and fight to poke the puck free, so that Thornton can get it and do absolutely nothing with it. Seguin still doesn't cycle "well enough" and doesn't work the boards "well enough" for top line minutes, but he does do plenty of other things that you can't teach and finds ways to create chances. Plus, with all that polished cycling and board work that we currently have on the PP, we get bupkis on the scoreboard.  Maybe you can wait one more game, but I'm not sure why you'd want to. It seems like now's the time to make that change and hope you find yourself with a legit scoring threat for the playoffs. Thornton and Ryder should be on the same line. Ryder has reverted badly to black hole form. There wouldn't be a single pass on the line all game.  Peverly really is looking like a faster Blake Wheeler, even down to the high-speed rush into the zone that turns into a forced backhander with 0% chance of scoring.  Horton still playing with grit and seems to be enjoying it. Happy to see that.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady

And here it is Folks....PRAISE for Seguin...AGAIN....R U SERIOUS....one of his better games......NOT

Sections
Shortcuts