Powerless power play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Powerless power play

Sooner or later it's going to cost them big time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Powerless power play

the b's are ranked 13th at 18.2%.

other notables:  detroit 18.3%
                           pittsburgh 18.4%
                           washington 18.6%
                           chicago 18.8%

it's not like we've got the worst pp in the league or even close to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Powerless power play:
    [QUOTE]the b's are ranked 13th at 18.2%. other notables:  detroit 18.3%                        pittsburgh 18.4%                        washington 18.6%                        chicago 18.8% it's not like we've got the worst pp in the league or even close to it.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    I did not realize those teams had similar numbers. It was a long day in Philly yesterday, great to leave with the two points however! Had to take my B's jersey to the dry cleaners today. (took a full 20 ouncer to the back after Timmy's last save in OT.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

What a waste of beer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Powerless power play : I did not realize those teams had similar numbers. It was a long day in Philly yesterday, great to leave with the two points however! Had to take my B's jersey to the dry cleaners today. (took a full 20 ouncer to the back after Timmy's last save in OT.)
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

it's easy for us to criticize the b's when we watch every game.  if we watched every detroit game or every chicago game we'd notice that those teams aren't perfect either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Powerless power play : it's easy for us to criticize the b's when we watch every game.  if we watched every detroit game or every chicago game we'd notice that those teams aren't perfect either.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

More tactical than critical concerns here. If they can raise those numbers a bit more the BRUINS would truly be a beast. There is always room for improvement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It did cost them against the Rangers. They could have won that game going away had they potted one on the PP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]It did cost them against the Rangers. They could have won that game going away had they potted one on the PP.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

they'd be 82-0 if their pp was 75%.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

I don't think the pecentage is as big a problem as most PP's they just look lost.  Pressure on the PK unit will force them too work harder and can pay dividends later in the game as players get worn down.

They have too much talent on this team to look that bad on so many powerplays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Powerless power play:
    [QUOTE]Sooner or later it's going to cost them big time.

It has . Games against Vancouver, Rangers and almost against the Habs.
    Those numbers are padded  the Bruins took advantage in some of those games back in November and December .  Some of the games were also out of reach for the opposing team.
    I want to see the PP work in those games I've mentioned above.

To me the PP has not helped the Bruins win games this season but they games they lost many can be blamed on the lack of PP efficiency.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Some number crunching:
    In 2 games, no PP opportunities for Bruins.
    In 22 games the Bruins have been shut-out on the PP on 68 opportunities.
    In 22 games the Bruins have scored 30 goals on 96 opportunities (31.3%).

It's a bit feast-or-famine.  Still better than last year.  I think the reason for complaint now is that over the past 15 games (since the 6-0 PHI game) they've scored 8 goals (16.7%) as compared to 12 over the previos 15 (21%).  That's a noticeable drop.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

They proved last year they can win without it - big time, as big as you can get.

This year their 5 on 5 play is even better.

If they had a decent PP they'd have more blow out victories. But, blow outs upset teams and then they want to injure, like Philly, when they play again.

What will Calgary do next time they meet?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Powerless power play : They proved last year they can win without it - big time, as big as you can get. This year their 5 on 5 play is even better. If they had a decent PP they'd have more blow out victories. But, blow outs upset teams and then they want to injure, like Philly, when they play again. What will Calgary do next time they meet?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    They better watch out , the Flames have Cammalleri now!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In response to "Re: Powerless power play": [QUOTE]Some number crunching: In 2 games, no PP opportunities for Bruins. In 22 games the Bruins have been shut-out on the PP on 68 opportunities. In 22 games the Bruins have scored 30 goals on 96 opportunities (31.3%). It's a bit feast-or-famine.  Still better than last year.  I think the reason for complaint now is that over the past 15 games (since the 6-0 PHI game) they've scored 8 goals (16.7%) as compared to 12 over the previos 15 (21%).  That's a noticeable drop. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE] Thanks for crunching the #'s. It has everyone believing there is no issue but when they "need" a PP goal in big games it just doesn't happen. I know Seguin's goal was on the PP against the Flyers but even that was due a busted play that Bergy made good on. The rest of the game was a joke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The power play is an issue lately despite the numbers.  If the Bs continue to react to injustices and as Bookboy suggested get retalitory penalties then the Bs powerplay must score more.  Otherwise stay out of the penalty box, cause other teams are scoring their chances on the Bs!  Recently the Bs have not capitalized on their power plays.  That is an issue despite the fact they won a Cup without an average powerplay stat.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

shoot the puck! crash the net! shoot the puck!