Powerplay Percentage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Powerplay Percentage

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I just don't get it.  The team is 10-2-2. 

Home Record:  4-1-1, powerplay bad bad bad

Road Record:  6-1-1, powerplay good good good

It sure would be great if they could score more, but if they did, what would be the result?  14-0-0.  That's unrealistic, even with the best players ever.  This isn't Russia vs. CIH (Cayman Islands Hockey) with 94-0 blowouts.

PP could come into play as a factor of winning games.  If you recall Bruins had a very good run last season before playing the Canucks.  That game turned into which team had the better special teams. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I don't want the B's to lose PERIOD, but I'd like for a decent pp to be able to help get thru those games where other things aren't working well. The theory that I have is hellava a lot better than yours. And I know it's better than yours because I have coaches & managers on my side of the line. Professional's I might add. You on the other hand have NOBODy, but a bunch of couch GM's & coaches; who no matter how intelligent they try to sound claiming a bad PP doesn't matter are wrong. It wouldn't matter if the the B's were 14-0. If they're PP still sat at the 13% range there's still room for an improvement. No matter which way you slice it. A better pp increases the chance of getting a win. 

You have ideas on your side.

I have stats on mine.

The awful powerplay has produced a 10-2-2 record.

I'm good with that.

As am I, but what would be better? 14-0, 13-1, 12-0-2, 11-2-1 etc... Which all are a possibilty with a better pp. Is that for certain? No; there's no absolutes, but with the best pk & a pp over the 13% range would still increase their chances. Which is what all the bickering is about. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment: Also, if Cam Neely said it to the press, it's 100% true. [/QUOTE]

Good one, tell us some more. He lied to everyone, I know what you mean...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Cam was talking about Prov, 2/3 on PP and a SHG leading 3-0 against Norfolk. The Mink has 2PPG, being called up to replace Bqe as we post.