PP in Overtime (Claude)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

PP in Overtime (Claude)

What the heck was with having your best player in Krejci on the bench on a 4 on 3 PP in OT & Mark Recchi on the ice. This is a game the Bs needed to sink Toronto & help there pick.

Claude makes some moronic decisions at times. Mark Recchi over David Krejci in a 4 on 3 PP in OT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: PP in Overtime (Claude)

peverly in the shootout?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

how about Ryder and Peverly over Marchand and Horton in the shootout

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree Krejci is the key player for the Bruins and Marchand should be in the shootout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

yeah marchand already had made a great move for a goal.
    ????????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

It just furiates me to see Mark Recchi being overused in every situation. The guy is a decent player now but in no way should he be getting used this much with guys like Krejci, Horton & Lucic on the bench when they have carried the team offensively since the allstar break.

Bergeron is probably my favorite Bruin but even him over Krejci in that situation makes no sense. This one is on Claude tonight. Moronic coaching that appears to be appeasing the old veteran.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Nothing new from CJ

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

This team isn't going anywhere with Claude as the head coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

With 2 minutes left in regulation i said peverly will score. Then overtime, wth is claude thinking with rechhi out there. 4 on 4 constitutes speed. Why not pevs and segs. Ill never understand his thinking. The shootout, well it is what it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The game never should have gotten to overtime.  If the players weren't standing around not moving their feet for the better part of the first and third periods, the Bruins could have closed it out in regulation time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

recchi,s been over used by julien for over the past month now.....hap hazard passes, not handling passes to him, slow to the man, slow to the puck....makes 2 3 good plays a game as well he should  playing 18 20 minutes a game....PP,Pk,crucial situations? theres better options

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Relax everyone ! The last few games of this season are not as imprtant to win as they are to experiment heading intto the playoffs.

Coach has the luxury to see what certain palyers can do...and hope that someone pleasantly surprises . 

We'll be resting our players from here on in. This is the best possible thing
    Julien can do.

We'll be going into the playoffs rested and (hopefully) healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Clod has no "KILLER" instinct. Over and over again he fails to deliver. He had a good chance to put out the BEST players on the 4 on 3 and goes with Recchi. No excuse to not get Krejci out there with Lucic & Horton along with either Kaberle or Z. This guy will F*& k this up yet!!!!!!! It's like a broken record. The team was not all there and he puts his boy Ryder out there on his birthday in the shoot out. Makes me sick........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Typical over reaction from all of the negative nellies. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Re: PP in Overtime (Claude):
    The reason we lost is: 1. Because the Leafs are a better team than us right now. 2. We showed up alright, but the Leafs have owned us all season.   3. The Leafs have no fear of the "CJ System;" they fly up the middle and pinch the blue lines with their D-men so we can't clear it out. 4.  We simply can't beat the Leafs. 5. The Leafs played textbook Flyers hockey from last year and again Clod had no answers for it.  He never does.  When his "system" is exposed, he doesn't have a Plan B.  That's his weakness. Sorry folks, but that's how i see it.  be thankful we won't face them in the postseason, because they can sweep us out of the playoffs.    
    Posted by ipot

we may see them in the playoffs .......2022  lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The reason we lost is: 1. Because the Leafs are a better team than us right now. 2. We showed up alright, but the Leafs have owned us all season.   3. The Leafs have no fear of the "CJ System;" they fly up the middle and pinch the blue lines with their D-men so we can't clear it out. 4.  We simply can't beat the Leafs. 5. The Leafs played textbook Flyers hockey from last year and again Clod had no answers for it.  He never does.  When his "system" is exposed, he doesn't have a Plan B.  That's his weakness. Sorry folks, but that's how i see it.  be thankful we won't face them in the postseason, because they can sweep us out of the playoffs.    
    Posted by ipot

You know, I'll agree with that to this extent; the Leafs are better, but the reason why is behind the bench.

It's not CJ's system per se, but his lack of ability to think on his feet.

Other than Seguin, that shoot out was appalling.

Ryder benched, then its judged his performance was so good that he got a shoot out spot  as a reward?

If that wasn't the reason, they why was he in the shoot out?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

funny stuff, where have all you clode haters been? nothing from you the last week or so, now they lose in a shootout, and here you are rearing your ugly heads. you all need counseling

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Proof was in the game. He failed miserably. Should have known not to post knowing you would not see the truth moron.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

who failed miserably? ryder or seguin?- they both missed the net in the shootout. at least peverly made the goalie make a save. the players are responsible for the loss. not to mention a couple bad bounces- resulting in two goals. but do enlighten me...  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Clod by doing exactly what I described earlier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

who gets the credit when they win? players or coach? owner? gm? fans? you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Clod has no "KILLER" instinct. Over and over again he fails to deliver. He had a good chance to put out the BEST players on the 4 on 3 and goes with Recchi. No excuse to not get Krejci out there with Lucic & Horton along with either Kaberle or Z. This guy will F*& k this up yet!!!!!!! It's like a broken record. The team was not all there and he puts his boy Ryder out there on his birthday in the shoot out. Makes me sick........
    Posted by jwb413

It would seem like a no-brainer to use your top line in a situation like that. Obviously Julien had other ideas, like putting Ryder in the shootout....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

easy question clode haters....who gets the credit when they win? it's obvious you blame clode for every loss, so please enlighten me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

funny stuff, where have all you clode haters been? nothing from you the last week or so, now they lose in a shootout, and here you are rearing your ugly heads. you all need counseling
    Posted by adkbeesfan

You are mistaken if you think this is just an overreaction to one game. CJ has made some very questionable decisions over the last couple of years. His insistance on using & overplaying a role player like MarK Recchi when he has better options is stubborn & hurt the team last night.

Julien has proven to be a good regular season coach. But I seriously question his ability to take the Bruins to that next level. His "system" has been successful in the regular season but he has been outcoached in the last 2 playoff years & unable to push the Bruins over the hump to this point.

His ingame adjustments also have to be questioned. For the last 2 playoff series he has been unable to make the proper adjustments to negate an aggressive Flyer & Hurricane forecheck. This is his make or break season with this team in the playoffs. If his go to guy come playoff time is Mark Recchi over guys like Krejci, Lucic, Horton & Marchand then the Bs will be in trouble.

Hopefully he has learned that the system needs tweaks & adjustments to be successful in the playoffs. If he fails this year then the Bs have to move on from this guy. He is on the clock come game 1 of the playoffs. I could care less about a hot streak in the regular season. This team has been there, done that & still got bounced by a less talented Carolina team.

Sections
Shortcuts