PP in Overtime (Claude)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: PP in Overtime (Claude)

It comes down to Julian not doing the right things at the right times. Not every win is the coach's win and not every loss is the coach's loss. Last night was Clod not giving the team's all with who he put out and what he did with his decision making. Granted he was trying different things but he had the chance to seal the deal and did not. This was proved so many times in the last 3 years. If he takes them to the Stanley Cup it will be because he made great coaching moves cause like it or not the Bruins are not the most talented team. I just don't see him having it in him to pull it off. I see him messing it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: PP in Overtime (Claude):
    [QUOTE]easy question clode haters....who gets the credit when they win? it's obvious you blame clode for every loss, so please enlighten me.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I think Clode is a bit of a Jekyl and Hyde guy. Good or Horrible no inbetween.

In a 4-3 in OT your lines should be

Krejci-Horton-Lucic
    Chara

Bergeron-Seguin-Marchand
    Kaberle

No question.

Shootout order should be Seguin-Horton-Marchand

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think we can all agree that this is Julien's year to prove he can coach the B's to a respectable cup run. The B's are made to go deep and if they do then Claude will be here for a while. If they are one/two and out then he is likely gone.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm mistaken? after EVERY loss, everyone one here (same posters EVERY time) blame the loss on the coach. that's not being mistaken- it's being annoyed. this team has miraculously (almost) won their division, despite the coach trying to make them lose every night. truly amazing feat!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Just keep looking at it your way and in 2 weeks they will be teeing it with Toronto!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

jwb...go back to the habs site, as it seems you are no fan of the bruins. or is it toronto?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ADK: there is a big difference between winning the divivsion and having a good cup run. You know that. Ultimately the goal of any team in the NHL is to win the Stanley Cup. If something is prohibiting a team from doing so then changes need to be made. Thus, if Julien seems to be incapable of being the man behind the bench to lead the B's to the cup then someone else deserves a shot.

Remember, even elite teams make coaching changes if they feel they can improve. NJ does this frequently. Detroit fired Murray to have Bowman put in charge for their soon to be Dynasty in the mid-90's. Pitts got rid of Therrion for Bylsma. It does not always work but it does happen....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]jwb...go back to the habs site, as it seems you are no fan of the bruins. or is it toronto?  

Boy that was original. Can't you come up with something better? Oh that's right you can't see the truth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the playoffs haven't even started, hard to have won the cup already. let me get this straight...last year: beat sabres= clode is good coach, go up 3-0 on flyers= clode great coach, lose 4 straight=clode bad coach? this team since juliens arrival is better than its been in 15-20 yrs. sorry HE hasn't won 4 cups already. the players play the game- period. did clode MAKE seguin miss the net in the shootout? did clode MAKE ryder miss the net in the shootout. the fact is, if they make those shots... none of you are here saying anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Point is they did not and Ryder should have not been in the SO........ That's on CLOD!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

misery loves company...have at it - i just hope you're all here saying how great a coach clode is if the b's win the cup. i will lmao- and call you all out on it. with fans like you who needs the habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I hope he does take them there but he needs to do things much differently than he has over the last 3 years. And don't make me list all the debacles.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

"in two weeks they'll be teeing it up with toronto"-jwb, really, you hope the b's will win? hilarious-  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]the playoffs haven't even started, hard to have won the cup already. let me get this straight...last year: beat sabres= clode is good coach, go up 3-0 on flyers= clode great coach, lose 4 straight=clode bad coach? this team since juliens arrival is better than its been in 15-20 yrs. sorry HE hasn't won 4 cups already. the players play the game- period. did clode MAKE seguin miss the net in the shootout? did clode MAKE ryder miss the net in the shootout. the fact is, if they make those shots... none of you are here saying anything.

Actually a Julien team has never made it beyond the second round and it is not as if this is his first coaching gig.

I am not saying he is a bad coach. What I am saying is that this is his year. His team is constructed to contend, not be satisfied with another two and out. At some point he has to be responsible for the team he heads....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PP in Overtime (Claude) : You know, I'll agree with that to this extent; the Leafs are better, but the reason why is behind the bench. It's not CJ's system per se, but his lack of ability to think on his feet. Other than Seguin, that shoot out was appalling. Ryder benched, then its judged his performance was so good that he got a shoot out spot  as a reward? If that wasn't the reason, they why was he in the shoot out?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Julien's system helped us beat Montreal 7-0 , Philadelphia 2-1, and Chicago 3-0

Stop skewing reality by blaming it on the coach and system. The players have to be held accountable for their inconsistent effort !

We're sitting third overall in the East...not despite Julien's system but beacuse of Julien's system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PP in Overtime (Claude) : Julien's system helped us beat Montreal 7-0 , Philadelphia 2-1, and Chicago 3-0 Stop skewing reality by blaming it on the coach and system. The players have to be held accountable for their inconsistent effort ! We're sitting third overall in the East...not despite Julien's system but beacuse of Julien's system.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

And teams playing Julien's system have never made it past the second round of the playoffs where it really counts.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to PP in Overtime (Claude):
    [QUOTE]What the heck was with having your best player in Krejci on the bench on a 4 on 3 PP in OT & Mark Recchi on the ice. This is a game the Bs needed to sink Toronto & help there pick. Claude makes some moronic decisions at times. Mark Recchi over David Krejci in a 4 on 3 PP in OT.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Yes, and his poor decisions can kill the Bruins in the playoffs. Claude is a systems coach who routinely makes poor choices in pressure situations. Absolutely Krejci should have been out there and what in the blue hell was he thinking with his shootout selections, Ryder and Peverly? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PP in Overtime (Claude) : And teams playing Julien's system have never made it past the second round of the playoffs where it really counts.....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Boston has steadily been improving the quailty of its roster. This year we'll have as much depth as Philly to get out of our conference. 

If we make it past the second round, will you concede that the suystem does work?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

doesn't everyone realize the bruins are locked into where they're at pretty much. playoff matchups are out of their control- the bottom three will decide who plays who. clode is trying to raise the confidence level of the players that need it-ryder, peverly, seguin, kampfer. the b's are trying to work out who'll be on their playoff roster...the leafs were playing for their season to continue. did clode make seguin miss the net? ryder miss the net? as far as "routinely makes bad decisions"- every loss clode made bad decisions, no one says a word about clode when they win. ultimately, clode never touches the puck, players play the game.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

How many times are you going to say this? If you want to think you're right that is fine with me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the real question is...will this same thread appear after EVERY bruins loss? it has since october, talk about a dead horse. according to all you haters the players have zero accountability. some people are happier when they are unhappy. you all act like the players are your children, and can do no wrong. looking to blame someone other than the person in the mirror. according to all your logic, 26 coaches a year should be fired because they can't coach. genius

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]the real question is...will this same thread appear after EVERY bruins loss? it has since october, talk about a dead horse. according to all you haters the players have zero accountability. some people are happier when they are unhappy. you all act like the players are your children, and can do no wrong. looking to blame someone other than the person in the mirror. according to all your logic, 26 coaches a year should be fired because they can't coach. genius

And according to your logic no coach should ever be fired & the coach has zero accountability.

If you can't see the stubborness that Julien coaches with, the favortism & the lack of adjustments when things go bad then I don't know what to tell you. If they don't get past the 2nd round this year Julien should be gone. Especially after his terrible coaching performance against Philly in last years playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PP in Overtime (Claude) : Boston has steadily been improving the quailty of its roster. This year we'll have as much depth as Philly to get out of our conference.  If we make it past the second round, will you concede that the suystem does work?
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Yes I will happily concede if this occurs. I am expecting a conference final appearance. with this lineup that should be a minimum requirement (barring some unforseen and catastrophic event) and I have frequently said so on these boards.

Now, should the B's go one or two then out will you admit that perhaps another option should be explored at the coaching position?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

got all the answers huh? maybe Krejci was tired? i can't really comment on that, but there is nothing wrong with having Recchi out there on a 4-on-3. You don't really need speed on a 4-3 PP, you want people who are good passers, finishers, and decision makers, and he is a good left handed option.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the bruins lead their division and are actually 4th intheir conference in points, how bad a job is that? should the bruins have already won the cup? should they not lose another game all year including the playoffs? i choose to not sit around and talk about what if's and give ultimatums to a coach that knows more about hockey than all of us combined. i choose to be positive and continue to support THE TEAM(not just clode)i hope will win the cup. you think all the negative vibes help anything at all, other than make you one day closer to heart attack? lighten up, its entertainment people. you haters make it seem like your birthday will be taken away if the bruins don't win a cup NOW.  you sound like bunch of angry old men- maybe you are