PP Not As Bad As People Think

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: PP Not As Bad As People Think

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If speed is necessary on 5x5, how is Lucic in the NHL?

Please don't start on this time honored habit of infusing material for perpetual argument.  Obviously, blazing speed is not paramount to full time NHL emplyment.  Figured we all could agree on that.  Unlike 5 on 5, when on the PP, you don't need to "beat" everyone.  You maximise the "open man".  Therefore, in many ways, the element of "pure speed", is diminished a bit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Please don't start on this time honored habit of infusing material for perpetual argument.  Obviously, blazing speed is not paramount to full time NHL emplyment.  Figured we all could agree on that.  Unlike 5 on 5, when on the PP, you don't need to "beat" everyone.  You maximise the "open man".  Therefore, in many ways, the element of "pure speed", is diminished a bit.

I disagree.  Mobility is important.  Stationary players don't confuse the box.  Being able to get somewhere else quickly creates a lot more openings than perimeter passing from station to station.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"People see powerplay failures again and again"

That's enough for me I don't need to see stats. Exposed again in a one goal loss to a team that would beat the Bruins in the playoffs this year like they did last year. Just when the Bruins go from 11% to where they were at 2 games ago and what does Ward do ?

Inserts Chara, Campbell and Seidenberg!

:facepalm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I disagree.  Mobility is important.  Stationary players don't confuse the box.  Being able to get somewhere else quickly creates a lot more openings than perimeter passing from station to station.

No disagreement there at all, and what you're describing is truly painful to watch.  The key to maximising that open man though, is engaging the pk-ers enough to move outside of that box just a little, or....becoming less predictable in your movement/cycle.  Yes, mobility is important, but my opinion is that there is ample mobility currently on staff.

Many interpret discussion on this subject to mean the pp is a disaster, the team is screwed, and the sky is falling.  I don't want to contribute to that....but I'll gladly chip in with a few thoughts on how this group may improve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

That's enough for me I don't need to see stats. Exposed again in a one goal loss to a team that would beat the Bruins in the playoffs this year like they did last year. Just when the Bruins go from 11% to where they were at 2 games ago and what does Ward do ?

The B's were 1 for 2 on the powerplay in this game.  Suggesting that the powerplay is the reason they lost is suggesting that they needed to go 2 for 2 in order to win.

They don't need to be perfect to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The B's were 1 for 2 on the powerplay in this game.  Suggesting that the powerplay is the reason they lost is suggesting that they needed to go 2 for 2 in order to win.

They don't need to be perfect to win.

What game you talking about Bruins went 0-3 on power play,and generated next to no scoring chances,and that's the frustrating part of powerplay,you don't always have to score on powerplay,but if you can put a lot of preasure on the other team,and get good scoring chances,you can where down there defence,and build momentum.The Bruins powerplay sucks the life out of them,i'd rather see them short handed,or when they get a powerplay,take a penalty and go 4 on 4 they generaly play preatty good 4 on 4

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The last B's vs. Caps game. (spacebar)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

The last B's vs. Caps game. (spacebar)

Oh OK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You guys and your power play talk are just spinning the wheel. The answer is right in front of you and has been for a while now..Whats the Bruins power play percentage with the goalie pulled? Seems to me it doesn't matter who is on the ice, but rather who is not..You fools have been blaming Geoff Ward all this time when the problem is actually Tuuka. How many PP points does that ugly cat have?

6 on 4 power play. Look it up. I dont care if it's the third period or the third shift. Numbers don't lie. They've tried everything else.

heck, maybe they were putting Cedfano is front of the wrong net too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm really loving the combo of Hamilton-Seguin-Lucic and 2 warm bodies recently. That mix is really strong on the PP.