PP solution

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

PP solution

brace yourselves.....get ready.....here it is..... SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!!! you can't score if you don't shoot. i'm no rocket scientist, but of this i'm sure, passing the puck around the perimeter will never result in a goal. you see, when the puck stays 35 feet from the opponents cage- IT STAYS 35 FEET FROM THE OPPONENTS CAGE!!!! i don't care who's out there, put 5 defenseman out there. the puck has to be actually SHOT AT THE NET, or at least in the general vacinity, to score a goal. this is not system, or coaching, this is players on the ice not pulling the trigger. why was tb's pp so good last night? they shot from behind goal, from the half boards, point, mid-ice......everywhere, and they were rewarded. it's easily fixable, just let the shots fly.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: PP solution

In Response to PP solution:
    brace yourselves.....get ready.....here it is..... SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!!! you can't score if you don't shoot. i'm no rocket scientist, but of this i'm sure, passing the puck around the perimeter will never result in a goal. you see, when the puck stays 35 feet from the opponents cage- IT STAYS 35 FEET FROM THE OPPONENTS CAGE!!!! i don't care who's out there, put 5 defenseman out there. the puck has to be actually SHOT AT THE NET, or at least in the general vacinity, to score a goal. this is not system, or coaching, this is players on the ice not pulling the trigger. why was tb's pp so good last night? they shot from behind goal, from the half boards, point, mid-ice......everywhere, and they were rewarded. it's easily fixable, just let the shots fly.    
    Posted by adkbeesfan

"NOPE. TOO MANY RISKS OF ODD-MAN RUSHES AGAINST THAT WAY," anonymous HCOTBBCJ.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

And most of the shots they did shoot are from either side near the boards. I understand trying to get the puck across to keep the goalie out of position, but some of the angles they are shooting from are awful. Just cutting your chances down. Then if they miss from those angles the puck rattles around the boards and out of the zone. Pucks have to get through on net. One of my biggest pet peeves is not getting the puck through. I know shot blocking is a big thing, but get it past the forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Kaberle has 0 confidence in his shot thats why he doesnt shot thats why he will never shot and thats why we shouldnt re-sign the Moron

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

2 shots on the first 3 pp's. enough said

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's like they are trying to play keep away, instead of scoring a goal. so frustrating, i find myself yelling at the tv...SHOOT, nope, move the puck around the perimeter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: PP solution:
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I just posted this in another PP thread but here goes again. A huge contributing factor to this is that NO1 will walk the puck in. TB is giving up space and just laughing while boston makes 2-3 passes then tries to rifle one straight through the PK box for a one time. That pass almost never makes it through clean.

What this PP needs is someone who will take the puck and actually curl and drive to the net. Shots from outside the circle are easily blocked especially when you dont give the PK any other looks such as driving to the middle and taking  a shot from *Gasp* inside the circles even near the hash marks. This perimiter passing needs to stop and SOMEONE PLEASE drive the puck hard to the net.

Also get lucky loo off the PP he should be infront of that net psuhing defenders out and ripping farts in rolosons face. Instead he makes soft plays in the corner and turns the puck over. This team needs someone to play the Holmstrom/Byfugluen role and someone to play the Crosby/Malkin role and walk the puck in but keep the defense honest with a passing and or shooting threat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

PP solution

I took a hard look this morning at Vancouver and Tampa Bay last 3 Powerplay. Differences:
    - Way too slow arriving at the Blue lin.. AKA Kaberle to dump puck as wingers have no speed to get  puck  they are turned around back in their own ends
    - Vancouver passes are so fast with each other as all the players move their feet to find themselves open, the other team can't  keep up.
    - Immediate unloading of Bombs from the blue line, the Bruins wait till the front  man advance on them then too late and unload on the pads causing turn over.

They need to set up shop in their zone.. otherwise ist  game  over see you next  year and FIre Specialty team coach, obviously he cannot do his job

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

The Bruins lack of a power play and unfortunate inconsistent playoff goaltending will be the reason they are golfing on Saturday. The Lightning find ways to win, the Bruins have always found ways to lose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to PP solution:
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Solution is don't play Kaberle on the power play,instead Julian has him out there the hole 2 min,never saw Seguin for any of the power plays.was that big game just a fluke,i don't think it was i think the kid has a ton off offensive ability,and you need to let him go,and now it looks like he's hesitating,he's to worried about getting caught,he looks unsure of himself again,Julian"s got in his head again .After that big game he had did Julian even tell the kid way to go great game,i doubt it,the only comment i herd from him was that no one should be happy with the way we played tonight.The guy is an absolute moron.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

The Bruins lack of a power play and unfortunate inconsistent playoff goaltending will be the reason they are golfing on Saturday. The Lightning find ways to win, the Bruins have always found ways to lose.
    Posted by MrVmax

Inconsistent goaltending.  TT has only stolen like three or four games and we've played like 18.  If he could just steal four per series I swear we would win the cup every year!!!  Darnit TT!

Also it seems to me the Lightning have found a way to win 3 times, and the Bruins have found a way to win three times.  But hey maybe we are only discussing the B's losses?!?

No seriously, I just want to say last night I didn't think our PP problems were in the zone, as much as it was the entry.  We rarely get into the zone and set up.  I don't know exactly how you solve this problem but it is the glaring issue.  I liked the movement when they were finally able to force TB into there box.  I also thought Horton was very good on the PP last night, I really thought he did a good job off the half wall.  I will say a couple times they went to him and he had good shots.  The puck would come back through the cycle and he was left in the same position, I was begging Kaberle to go right back to him, but no, why would you continue to attack a soft spot.  In Kaberle's defense the one time it looked like he wanted to go right back, it seemed like Horton wasn't ready to receive the pass, so what can you do?

I think the whole unit is at fault though, not just Kaberle.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

The 1 time Kaberle shot the puck on the PP last night is the one time he had Horton unmarked about 7 feet away with a clear shooting lane and tons of traffic in front. Instead, he fired it into the forward's shinpads and out of the zone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

My solution is to pull a player, rest him, and play 4 on 4.  Bruins odds of scoring are better and they can keep the momentum.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

its simple tell kaberle to shoot  tampa doesnt repsect his shot so they are taking away all the passing lanes when he touches the puck if he can pop a few on net and it will losen it  them up a little bit

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Solution: Fire Clooode and I think its Asst Coach Ward whos in charge of the Power Play

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

You don't understand hockey ! Enough said !

When the Bruins do shoot , shots are blocked and puck is cleared down the ice.

Moving the puck around and working hard for the open shot is the way to go.

Kaberle is not the quarterback everyone was expecting. and no one sees the ice better than Savard on the powerplay.

Enough said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

How about we just tell the referee to put his arm down and let him know we dont want power plays at all. We might as well just keep playing 5 on 5. This is too slow making a pass, dont shoot when they have a lane, dont have anyone in front of the net, and when they do shoot, they miss the net by a wideman oh sorry by a widemargin. So until they get all that put together they wont score on the power play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: PP solution : You don't understand hockey ! Enough said ! When the Bruins do shoot , shots are blocked and puck is cleared down the ice. Moving the puck around and working hard for the open shot is the way to go. Kaberle is not the quarterback everyone was expecting. and no one sees the ice better than Savard on the powerplay. Enough said.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

First when will you stop insulting others to make a point !

Now this is where I totally agree with you.  If there are no shooting lanes where do you want them to shoot !!!!
    Like Alumni here is saying they will either get blocked and cleared or go wide of the net and you need to hope the Bruins retrieve the puck off the boards.
    To create these shooting lanes the Bruins need what ILH is saying above.
    When the Bruins are passing well the puck the space is created and shooting lanes are created.
    I saw this more and more as the PP went on last night . They will score on their PP tomorrow .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Couldn't have said it better!  Shoot da puck at da net!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

In Response to Re: PP solution : You don't understand hockey ! Enough said ! When the Bruins do shoot , shots are blocked and puck is cleared down the ice. Moving the puck around and working hard for the open shot is the way to go. Kaberle is not the quarterback everyone was expecting. and no one sees the ice better than Savard on the powerplay. Enough said.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

"Enough Said ! "

Apparently not.  Because I see a full paragraph typed afterwards......with yet another "Enough said." at the end.

That's it. I'm calling out anyone who says things like enough said, nuff said, bottom line, end of story, and then just keeps going.  I'm sick of it....grrrrrrr

Sections
Shortcuts