Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB

In Response to Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB:
    [QUOTE]I wonder who PC is looking at, but have to think Kaberle is in the mix. Pretty good year so far from Kaberle on a very bad team: - 10th (tied) in d-man scoring with 29 points - only a -2 on a team with a -17 goal differential - averaging 22:47 in TOI Depending on the cost, I would not mind seeing PC pick him up. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Kaberle could be a great pickup if the price is right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB:[QUOTE]In Response to Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB : Kaberle could be a great pickup if the price is right.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If I'm PC I wouldn't give up much is right as Crowls breaks it down so at some point Burke will give up n take less than expected.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

They aren't brining in Kaberle. Too much salary can't play D, very soft. We also aren't going to do anything to make Toronto better.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB : Kaberle could be a great pickup if the price is right.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yep anyone remember Kaberle to McCabe? Kabs to Chara would beast...

You'd have to send at least 1 defenseman(Ference) 1 forward(Probably Wheeler) and some combo of picks (Not TO's first no farcking way).

The only reason i say Ference+Wheels is because the cash is close. Wheels would be a top6 forward over there. Probably move him to center because they have no size in the middle at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pre-game Comments from PC says he is still looking for a PP QB : Yep anyone remember Kaberle to McCabe? Kabs to Chara would beast... You'd have to send at least 1 defenseman(Ference) 1 forward(Probably Wheeler) and some combo of picks (Not TO's first no farcking way). The only reason i say Ference+Wheels is because the cash is close. Wheels would be a top6 forward over there. Probably move him to center because they have no size in the middle at all.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Toronto likely won't want a D-man in return.They already have too many under contract now.Ryder and a pick might work(Even as high as our 1st wouldn't bother me).Burke needs a 1st round pick in a bad way so you know he's going to try to hold out for that until the last minute.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'd love to have Kaberle.  Problem is, I wouldn't even give up Wheeler and Ferrence to get him, let alone some of our more skilled players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wisiewski went for a 2nd and 5th, have to think that is around the range for Kaberle.  Both are UFA's next year, Kaberle is a better player but also more pricey salary to fit under the cap.  I would expect Kaberle to fetch the 2nd rounder, but I would not part with a 1st rounder for a 40-game rental.

It will be interesting to see how Burkie plays this, will he hold him until the deadline to maximize his return or move his soon to get more immediate help for his team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Kaberle has some drawbacks (defensive liability), but our PP is atrocious and has to be fixed if we're going to go anywhere in the playoffs. I think a PP QB d-man is our one and only deadline target. I wouldn't mind Kaberle for ths role, but the price has to be right. Give him (Burke) Wheeler and a d-man (Ference, I guess, although I like Ference and would really prefer to keep him).

If Burke won't bite, tell him to go e-ff a sheep and we'll enjoy taking Larsson or Landeskog with his pick. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wisiewski went for a 2nd and 5th, have to think that is around the range for Kaberle.  Both are UFA's next year, Kaberle is a better player but also more pricey salary to fit under the cap.  I would expect Kaberle to fetch the 2nd rounder, but I would not part with a 1st rounder for a 40-game rental. It will be interesting to see how Burkie plays this, will he hold him until the deadline to maximize his return or move his soon to get more immediate help for his team?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    A 1st pick is well worth it if the player can take you to the finals.I'm not saying that would be any guarantee with Kaberle but it would definately improve the PP.Regardless, I meant that Burke would likely be holding out for a 1st from another team before trading him for Ryder and a 2nd or 3rd.A team that's on the cusp of making the playoffs might offer up a 1st for Kaberle I suspect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I have not been a Kaberle fan, but after watching Houda mis-manage the defense in this last Pitt game, it appears that even skilled rookies will have a problem getting ice time, and Houda will over-work his veterans. Wheels would be a reasonable swap, and even Hamill might intrigue Toronto who need a  smart center ice man. Also the Bruins need someone to play with Chara, although I'm not sure that Kaberle has the speed to cover when Chara bobbles the puck at the point. AAron Ward did, and Kaberle's game sense should help. Chiarelli would have to dump more cap money to create space for Kaberle, so maybe it's time to move Boychuck. That would leave :: Chara/Kaberle; Seids/Kamfer/; Stuart/Ference or/McQuaid. Cap space + Wheels -2mil plus boychuck -2 mil [?] might also need to move Paille -1 mil and have 7th man for defense not forward.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

you have to be kidding..a first round pick and ryder for kaberle..not a chance ..thats absulutly ridiculous

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

PC has been after this guy for 3 years now. Kaberle and Chara are good friends and that might only be the reason Kaberle would waive his NTC. He and his agent have said it 100x that he wants to remain in Toronto.
    Now,  if it were to be discussed and I'm sure PC might have,  I think it'll only happen towards the trade deadline or if the Bruins get an injury to one of their key defensemen. Bruins have no cap space.
    Cap space is not accounted for in the playoffs therefore the Bruins could go over the cap,  it's what will they do in the meantime (between trade deadline -playoffs)  to fit Kaberle ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Leafs nust decide within a week or two if they still can get to 8th spot. If they think they can, they will move Kaberle for more forwards that will help them (Wheeler). If they feel they are too far out Burke will wait to the deadline. If fwe want Kaberle we could get him for less if the deal was made before the deadline otherwise Burke will want a 1rst round pick, which I do not think we should give up.

Go B's 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

What's with this love affair with Kaberle....Has anyone here checked out the UFA list ? What about Kevin Bieska or Christian Ehroff, both who I would take over Kaberle and cheaper.  Scott Hannan ? Plus you can leave trading with the Maple Loafs along. Let them make their own bed to sleep in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HDJR23. Show HDJR23's posts

Scott Hannan is a slow, uneffective D-man.

I think unless we trade for a very good D-man, it's better to stand still.
    We have our share of subpar D-men.
    What we need is a right handed, offensive minded D-man that's not called Boychuck or Kampfer.

Don't get me wrong, I really like both kids but they aren't exactly the Brent Burns' or the Shea Webers of this league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Would PC give Savard and lets say Seidenbergh for Kaberle ??????

Stanley Cup to the  BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HDJR23. Show HDJR23's posts

Are you nuts ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm watching this PP and the least of the problems is the point men.Though they have their faults (Boychuk a HUGE dissapointment here) they do a good job at keeping the puck in the zone and for the most part get the puck on net.It amazes me how the other team is able to rush/pressure Chara and keep the B's from getting rebounds.there is no flow down below..Just about 80% of the PP shots come from the point men, that to me is the problem..Savard thinking he has a one-timer is a problem, Krejci hasn't done a THING, he's not even getting chances..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Keep in mind that there are a few pretty talented offensive defensemen on the upcoming UFA list. Plus, if we end up drafting in the #4-6 range, which seems very likely, we would probly end up with a guy like Ryan Murphy. He won't be NHL ready by 2011-2012, but if he can just put on 15 pounds or so, he'll be pretty darn good (not that he isn't already). He's got a VERY deadly right-handed shot, although his shooting motion is awkward at times, the puck generally ends up in the back of the net. He's a PP QB for years to come for whoever is fortunate enough to draft him.

Here is a video of him...p.s, Don Cherry seems to like this kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4CBvMzDQo&feature=related

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

When your PP isn't working it's everyone's problem, not just the D men.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]What's with this love affair with Kaberle....Has anyone here checked out the UFA list ? What about Kevin Bieska or Christian Ehroff, both who I would take over Kaberle and cheaper.  Scott Hannan ? Plus you can leave trading with the Maple Loafs along. Let them make their own bed to sleep in.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

We don't need another Seidenberg type of D's. We need a PP QB

Kaberle would help tremendously. The guy is not the greatest in his own end, but he is also not Matt Hunwick.

Get him for a 2nd round pick and prospect. Toronto is going to get offers for him but a 2nd round pick at least in a package can do it now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]What's with this love affair with Kaberle....Has anyone here checked out the UFA list ? What about Kevin Bieska or Christian Ehroff, both who I would take over Kaberle and cheaper.  Scott Hannan ? Plus you can leave trading with the Maple Loafs along. Let them make their own bed to sleep in.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

No love affair but he's the most reliable on a bad Leafs team. Maybe with a better team he has better numbers. Then again the Bruins cannot give up a 1st rounder or a top prospect.
    Scott Hannan ??? Besides the fact that he's worse than Kaberle right now on defense he's far from what the Bruins need.  McQuaid does a better job and would rather keep him.
    Christian Ehroff,  another guy the Sharks got rid of but I'm sure the Canucks would love to part with his cap hit of 3.5 . This also is  D Bruins have plenty of.
    Bieska cheap ? Now maybe but he's the Canucks best D ,  they will not trade him and he will get a nice increase this summer . 
    Hamhuis they wished they never signed at 5M .
    What Canucks have and he's a similar D to Kaberle and what the Bruins are looking for is Samy Salo.
    Canucks will dump one of the three I mentioned but not BIESKA.  No way !
    From being cup contenders they'll be out in the 1st round without Bieska (little exaggeration but none the less).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

why HDJR23 ....Savard $5.MM  Seidenb $3 = $8MM I dont know about Kaberle but lets say around $4MM ...we save $4MM and could get another player down the strech .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013