Pre-season Game #1 - to go or not to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Pre-season Game #1 - to go or not to go

Is it worth it, or a waste of time? You'd figure the first time the Bs step onto Garden ice after a Cup win would be fun....but does anyone out there have experience going to these things?

Rookie games, camps, etc are all interesting....but I'm not sure about a regular pre-season game in such a large venue. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Pre-season Game #1 - to go or not to go

Mileage varies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I always go to them.  Tickets are cheap and a lot of the guys who are trying to make the team, NHL or AHL, play some inspired hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I bought a package to catch Bruin games in Ottawa and looking forward to the game on Wednesday night.
    I'm not expecting the Bruin players that will be on the roster to impress but there are the ones that want to be noticed and have something to prove that I like to follow. For example Spooner's camp last season. 
    I again will have my eye on him, Knight, Cunningham, Koko , Hamilton (although I expect him to be raw) and the Providence vets.
    Bottom line,  yes they're worth going to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Thanks guys. Mileage isn't bad...might as well spend a day in the city anyway. Good to know the younger guys will get some minutes, but it won't be only about them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

On stub hub tickets in the past for pre season games have been dirt cheap and bellow face value. Pre season games are a great chance to get tanked at the game for the money you save on the tickets!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season Game #1 - to go or not to go:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys. Mileage isn't bad...might as well spend a day in the city anyway. Good to know the younger guys will get some minutes, but it won't be only about them.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

What I meant was the experience depends upon what your expecations are.  Understand that a w or l isn't the point.  If you want to scout the upcoming talent, check the pulse of the current lineup, guage the new old guys (Joe, Chris, Benoit) you are going to get what you expect.

If you want to see a great game, you are not likely to get that.  Special teams will be feeble. 

If you have your expectations in line, you will be thrilled as I was to go to the first day of rookie camp.  Price can't be beat (free) and I wanted to see what everyone looked like to form my baseline for evaluation.

If you understand what product you are buying you will be happy.

Adjust your expectations and don't make assumptions.

I will arrange transportation for you to arrive right at the garden in a $120,000 dollar vehicle.

That vehicle is an MBTA green line train, if you were thinking Lamborghini you would be disappointed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I were visiting pops on the cape I'd make the drive for sure. So yah mileage and somehow I'd talk Legion into it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Pre season games were all on DirecTV two years ago and it was fun to watch. You read about these upcoming players but (for us who live outside New England) don't get to see them.  All players are busting it to make the team.  I would go to every one I could, if I could.  

Don't know what will show on TV this year.  I saw that ESPN is showing one pre-season game at least.

NHL channel showing re-run games 6 and 7 of the finals tonight and tomorrow night.  Yeah!  Can't see enough of those two games.

And on this same note, has anyone seen the re-run of game 7 vs Tampa?.  That one stands out as a great really great game with the best quality hockey, ZERO penalties, close tight play challenging the best the players have to offer.  We won 1-0 on the late game goal by Lucic (I think it was)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Pre season games were all on DirecTV two years ago and it was fun to watch. You read about these upcoming players but (for us who live outside New England) don't get to see them.  All players are busting it to make the team.  I would go to every one I could, if I could.   Don't know what will show on TV this year.  I saw that ESPN is showing one pre-season game at least. NHL channel showing re-run games 6 and 7 of the finals tonight and tomorrow night.  Yeah!  Can't see enough of those two games. And on this same note, has anyone seen the re-run of game 7 vs Tampa?.  That one stands out as a great really great game with the best quality hockey, ZERO penalties, close tight play challenging the best the players have to offer.  We won 1-0 on the late game goal by Lucic (I think it was)
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]
    It was Horton who scored one of the biggest goals in Bruins history.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Yah, you are right....Horton on a perfect feed from Bergeron.   And Horton scored the OT goal game 7 vs MTL....correct?  Kind of a looping soft 30 slapper as I remember.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yah, you are right....Horton on a perfect feed from Bergeron.   And Horton scored the OT goal game 7 vs MTL....correct?  Kind of a looping soft 30 slapper as I remember.   
    Are you doing this on purpose? It was a perfect feed from Krejci.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

When the bruins won that game 7 I thought the building was shaking no kidding felt like it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Right, Krejci....I'm just a bit senile.  But I sure remember the goal.  And that game.  Wish I had it recorded.  The quality of hockey was so high, so superlative.  And the fact that there were no penalities-- it was "let the players play the game". And they did.  All of them, both teams.  

On to the season ahead.  Though I, unlike most,. will miss Ryder.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

In Montreal, it's the only game one can afford.  I'm checking out Boston Sep 26 in the whites for $30 per ticket.  Same ticket in the regular season is $130 from scalpers. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou. Show shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou's posts

If Spooner's gonna play I'd say go. Otherwise, no.  Preseason games are not really fun unless you have a specific player you want to see get some time, like when I got to see Batesy take a pass from Ray Bourque in Lowell! That was so freaking weird. But when it's just the veterans it really feels like you wasted money when the game is over. Course if you go to three regular season games and the Bruins fail to score a single point while also failing to show a pulse, that's actually much worse because you also lightened your wallet by about a grand but that's a topic for another day.

Go B's!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

THE BRUINS WILL WIN THE STANLEY CUP 2012  ONE OF THE STRONGEST AN POWER HOUSE TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE REPEAT LORD STANLEY    GO BRUINS GO TO ALL THE CAPE BRETONERS WE BELIEVE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I love going to the pre season games. If you have kids bring them. Like NAS said, alot of players auditioning, playing hard and you always see a couple of great fights.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Right, Krejci....I'm just a bit senile.  But I sure remember the goal.  And that game.  Wish I had it recorded.  The quality of hockey was so high, so superlative.  And the fact that there were no penalities-- it was "let the players play the game". And they did.  All of them, both teams.   On to the season ahead.  Though I, unlike most,. will miss Ryder.  
    Here's a link that Wheats provided. Lots of Bruins games to watch including the game 7 you speak of. No need to record.
    http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/nhl/201011/boston.php

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I love going to the pre season games. If you have kids bring them. Like NAS said, alot of players auditioning, playing hard and you always see a couple of great fights.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

anyone going on sept 23 against the isles? u going kel?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im going....

Started a new job that keeps me in the south end till 5 or six at night this year. A buddy of mine who got the same job is a flyers fan and plans to go to a bunch of B's games this year just because he likes hockey.

Plus 15$ is a sweet deal. I plan on going to both preseason games this year, just dissapointed that there arent more in Boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Im going.... Started a new job that keeps me in the south end till 5 or six at night this year. A buddy of mine who got the same job is a flyers fan and plans to go to a bunch of B's games this year just because he likes hockey. Plus 15$ is a sweet deal. I plan on going to both preseason games this year, just dissapointed that there arent more in Boston.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

hockey if u get a chance come by my stand im working and i can help reduce alittle of the cost of your night out for fellow poster on here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

I will attend the B's game at Bell Centre on Monday September 26th
    Will be fun to see some of the prospects on the ice with the Big club

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Thanks for the posting the past games link Dez killer...Bookmarked!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'll be in Ottawa tomorrow night and as I mentioned earlier in this thread like to keep an eye on some of the young kids.
    This line should light a spark or two.
    Max Sauve-Tyler Seguin-Jared Knight

and also they have Spooner centering some muckers and smuckers.  Bret they want see what he can do.

Lane MacDermid-Ryan Spooner-Jamie Arniel/Shawn Thornton