Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players????

I was watching the first 2 periods of the B's vs Col game yesterday and I had the feeling that the Bruins were still playing like they were during the pre season games, no passion, no effort, no desire to win, really I am worried about our team right now. I know its very early in the season but I wonder what it will take to bring back the spark they had going into the playoffs last season....the only player that still has that spark is Brad Marchand, I noticed some part time effort from Nathan Horton and Pouliot but other than that...???????????  Poor Rask a decent game but not team work in front of him ...Colorado's GM should send some flowers to the Bruins for giving them 2 easy points. What will it take ?????  I would'nt want to be into Claude Julien's shoes, this team is still in the pre season mood but the season has started please someone pass on the message to our players before its too late .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players????

I thought the Bruins looked dominant for the better part of two games.  Against Col it was a sleeper, but they were still clearly the more talented team. I think they look better than last year at this time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players????:
    I was watching the first 2 periods of the B's vs Col game yesterday and I had the feeling that the Bruins were still playing like they were during the pre season games, no passion, no effort, no desire to win, really I am worried about our team right now. I know its very early in the season but I wonder what it will take to bring back the spark they had going into the playoffs last season....the only player that still has that spark is Brad Marchand, I noticed some part time effort from Nathan Horton and Pouliot but other than that...???????????  Poor Rask a decent game but not team work in front of him ...Colorado's GM should send some flowers to the Bruins for giving them 2 easy points. What will it take ?????  I would'nt want to be into Claude Julien's shoes, this team is still in the pre season mood but the season has started please someone pass on the message to our players before its too late ..... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

There will be more games like this as the season goes on Stanley. Good Asst. GM's remain patient through the tough stretches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They need to amp up the physical play and the wins will follow.  Sad to say, Tornton's going to have to do his job soon.  Tomorrow night sounds good to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

It would not be bad to give Thorton a night off and put in Caron. Let the other guys stand up for themselves and get a little pissed off. then let Thorton come in and ratchet it up even more with his gritty ways. But until the guys wake up let them get knocked around a bit. This is not ballerina camp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Thornton should have tuned up the defenseman (forget his name) who blasted Chara yesterday.  I know it was a good clean hit, but answering would have sent a message that its not OK to bundle our star players.  If I recall, Seguin got blown up a little later as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players????:
    Thornton should have tuned up the defenseman (forget his name) who blasted Chara yesterday.  I know it was a good clean hit, but answering would have sent a message that its not OK to bundle our star players.  If I recall, Seguin got blown up a little later as well.
    Posted by hangnail

A clean hit on Chara requires "a response"?  The big guy, I'm sure, can take care of a clean hit himself, simply by returning the favour the next shift. 

One thing that drives me crazy, is when someone thinks a clean hit needs to be answered by a cheap shot or a fight.  What if the response draws an instigator?  Will the coach think it's a good idea when the opposition scores on that PP, and the instigator is out with the misconduct?

A dirty hit, for sure, send a message. 

But a clean hit?  Come  on, take it like a man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players????:
    In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players???? : A clean hit on Chara requires "a response"?  The big guy, I'm sure, can take care of a clean hit himself, simply by returning the favour the next shift.  One thing that drives me crazy, is when someone thinks a clean hit needs to be answered by a cheap shot or a fight.  What if the response draws an instigator?  Will the coach think it's a good idea when the opposition scores on that PP, and the instigator is out with the misconduct? A dirty hit, for sure, send a message.  But a clean hit?  Come  on, take it like a man.
    Posted by 49-North

Now I know why your team folded like a cheap tent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Why is it that everyone on this forum seems to think that I am the Canucks?  That I drafted all the players, that I coach the team, that I am exactly like every characteristic of each of the players?

I'm just a guy who's a hockey fan, and because I've lived in the Vancouver area my whole life, and was 10 years old when the Canucks joined the NHL, have been a fan of the team since Day 1.

I realize that I'm the logical outlet for all of your comments about the Canucks, but how about giving me a bit of credit for being a hockey fan? 

I mean, if you think it's a great idea for someone to instigate a fight or take a cheap shot on someone who just made a clean hit on one of your players, then that's your opinion.  It just happens that I have a different opinion. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why is it that everyone on this forum seems to think that I am the Canucks?  That I drafted all the players, that I coach the team, that I am exactly like every characteristic of each of the players? I'm just a guy who's a hockey fan, and because I've lived in the Vancouver area my whole life, and was 10 years old when the Canucks joined the NHL, have been a fan of the team since Day 1. I realize that I'm the logical outlet for all of your comments about the Canucks, but how about giving me a bit of credit for being a hockey fan?  I mean, if you think it's a great idea for someone to instigate a fight or take a cheap shot on someone who just made a clean hit on one of your players, then that's your opinion.  It just happens that I have a different opinion. 
    Posted by 49-North

49, it's been months since you started posting here yet you're still surprised at the reaction you receive. Right or not, that sort of response has become the norm. What can you do? I suspect I'd receive similar sentiments if I choose to post on a Canucks forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players???? : There will be more games like this as the season goes on Stanley. Good Asst. GM's remain patient through the tough stretches.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Ya Chowda, this is exactly what the "Cup Hangover" is all about.  There will be plenty of listless games I'm afraid.  Hopefully they can survive most of them with a point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Why is it that everyone on this forum seems to think that I am the Canucks?  That I drafted all the players, that I coach the team, that I am exactly like every characteristic of each of the players? I'm just a guy who's a hockey fan, and because I've lived in the Vancouver area my whole life, and was 10 years old when the Canucks joined the NHL, have been a fan of the team since Day 1. I realize that I'm the logical outlet for all of your comments about the Canucks, but how about giving me a bit of credit for being a hockey fan?  I mean, if you think it's a great idea for someone to instigate a fight or take a cheap shot on someone who just made a clean hit on one of your players, then that's your opinion.  It just happens that I have a different opinion. 
    Posted by 49-North

I happen to agree with you on the subject, but it was way more fun to sit back and watch the attacks :-)  sorry.  Hey, if you wear a meat necklace in the lion's den expect to be considered food.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

They outplayed Philly, Bryzgalov won the game for them.

They beat Tampa.

They came out sloppy yesterday, then dominated the third period only to be stonewalled by Varlamov..

what does the pre season have to do with this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

They outplayed Philly, Bryzgalov won the game for them. They beat Tampa. They came out sloppy yesterday, then dominated the third period only to be stonewalled by Varlamov.. what does the pre season have to do with this?
    Posted by kelvana33

I disagree on the philly game Bryz played good but I thought the bruins only outplayed philly int he first 10 mins of the game after that I thought the bruins were out played. I was pretty hammered watching the game so maybe the opinions of sobber viewers are truer than mine haha.

Yesterdays game was typical  of the bruins of the last 3 years some games for whatever reason they just show up and tip toe through the tulips with little to no effort. Even though we won the cup last season this team isn't good enough to win if they don't play with max effort. We are not a team with great talent but we are a good team if all the players play the system and play with effort.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players???? : I disagree on the philly game Bryz played good but I thought the bruins only outplayed philly int he first 10 mins of the game after that I thought the bruins were out played. I was pretty hammered watching the game so maybe the opinions of sobber viewers are truer than mine haha. Yesterdays game was typical  of the bruins of the last 3 years some games for whatever reason they just show up and tip toe through the tulips with little to no effort. Even though we won the cup last season this team isn't good enough to win if they don't play with max effort. We are not a team with great talent but we are a good team if all the players play the system and play with effort.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Good points and I'll add that they play their best when they are emotionally invested in each other.  That means hunting down and administering a beating on an opponent who just blew up your franchise dman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players???? : Good points and I'll add that they play their best when they are emotionally invested in each other.  That means hunting down and administering a beating on an opponent who just blew up your franchise dman.
    Posted by hangnail

Totaly agree with that and shouldn't have left that out of my post. Just look at last years game 3 turn around after the horton hit the bruins played angry and took their intensity up that had been lacking in games 1 and 2 vs the nucks. I think we are a very good team but only if we are playing full bore and physical. This won't happen 82 games a year I know that. I just hope the players don't think now since they won a cup they can just show up and go through the motions and beat teams on their talent. Thats not going to happen expecialy on a team where your highest scorer had 62 points last season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players???? : Good points and I'll add that they play their best when they are emotionally invested in each other.  That means hunting down and administering a beating on an opponent who just blew up your franchise dman.
    Posted by hangnail

The trouble is O'Byrne likely won't fight back. The only time I've seen him drop the mitts was against Wheeler. Tough to just attack a guy in a close game especially considering Zee had already been given a chintzy penalty for "retaliating" after the hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players???? : The trouble is O'Byrne likely won't fight back. The only time I've seen him drop the mitts was against Wheeler. Tough to just attack a guy in a close game especially considering Zee had already been given a chintzy penalty for "retaliating" after the hit.
    Posted by dezaruchi

All true dez but the Nucks didn't fight back either, but that didn't stop the B's from having each other's backs and playing the best hockey of their lives.  They need to find that emotional connection again which has been missing in the first 3 games.  I'm not worried yet but that's what I'm looking for starting tomorrow night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pre-season games are over : Has someone told the players???? : All true dez but the Nucks didn't fight back either, but that didn't stop the B's from having each other's backs and playing the best hockey of their lives.  They need to find that emotional connection again which has been missing in the first 3 games.  I'm not worried yet but that's what I'm looking for starting tomorrow night.
    Posted by hangnail

Hang, good points. I can't argue with any of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

B's started to play in the 3rd just like they did against the AV's ...like I said they are still in the pre season mood ...someone will have to tell them that the season has started ...HELLO ! ! ! ! !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Son of a b*tch.
    Someone make a trade, fire the coach or force a change of ownership please.
    This is getting embarrassing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Best players so far this year ...Pouliot-Seguin-Marchand-Rask and Pouliot doesnt get enough ice time ..Thornton has more ice time tham Pouliot ..go figure

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

They won the cup last season, hence a lot of obvious problems (PP, motivation throughout the regular season) were swept under the rug. It doesn't matter if this team has all the ingredients for another long playoff run, because playing at a .250 clip means DNQ at the end of the regular season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Best players so far this year ...Pouliot-Seguin-Marchand-Rask and Pouliot doesnt get enough ice time ..Thornton has more ice time tham Pouliot ..go figure Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

You're right Stanley . That's what happens when a player ( Pouliot ) sits for a game . Go figure !

Sections
Shortcuts