Preds bench 2 guys for Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Preds bench 2 guys for Game 3

Wow...wonder what happened?

Nashville Predators forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsynwill not play Game 3 of their Western Conference Semifinals series against the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday as a result of violating team rules.

"The Nashville Predators have a few simple rules centered around doing the right things," Predators president and general manager David Poile said in a statement. "We have always operated with a team-first mentality and philosophy. Violating team rules is not fair to our team and their teammates."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Preds bench 2 guys for Game 3

I believe a "drinking binge at a local strip club" story will soon make its way around. Surpising the other Kostitsyn was not involved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Amazing. Wonder how they feel about bringing Radulov back into the fold. Would be ironic if this sunk them deeper in a hole. 2-0 down in the series it's not like they had anything to celebrate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Drowning their sorrows maybe?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It must have been a fairly aggregious violation of team rules for them to bench their leading playoff scorer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it could be entirely from on-ice conduct too.  Both of those guys loafed like crazy during the last game and refused to play defense at all.  Maybe they broke some team rules too, but they could easily have been benched on the basis of their actual play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Just read online that they were out drinking until 4am in Scottsdale.  No word on what bar or "club" they were at.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Drive through Scottsdale and it'll be pretty clear what type of club it was. Man, that strip from the airport to Old Town is like entering Pleasure Island from Pinocchio.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Preds bench 2 guys for Game 3:
    Just read online that they were out drinking until 4am in Scottsdale.  No word on what bar or "club" they were at.
    Posted by Rufus604

Absolutely no surprise here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Drive through Scottsdale and it'll be pretty clear what type of club it was. Man, that strip from the airport to Old Town is like entering Pleasure Island from Pinocchio.
    Posted by asmaha

Never been there myself, but it sounds glorious

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Good. I want a LA Pheonix WCF.... their games were pretty intense during the regular season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Posted by asmaha

Hello Travelocity!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Didn't the Kostitsyn boys have "drug" issues in Montreal a few years back before one of them got traded?

Wouldn't surprise me the Russian Mafia was invloved. In Scottsdale.

Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Didn't the Kostitsyn boys have "drug" issues in Montreal a few years back before one of them got traded? Wouldn't surprise me the Russian Mafia was invloved. In Scottsdale.
    Posted by LordByron77

I believe it was excessive partying in mafia-owned bars in the Montreal club scene. Sound familiar? Actually, hard not to do if you are living in Montreal and have lots of extra cash.

By the way, did you shave off the beard Byron?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In Response to Re: Preds bench 2 guys for Game 3 : I believe it was excessive partying in mafia-owned bars in the Montreal club scene. Sound familiar? Actually, hard not to do if you are living in Montreal and have lots of extra cash. By the way, did you shave off the beard Byron?
    Posted by jmwalters

Ya took 'er back to the Goatee. Wife likes it better this way. Shame too, only time she lets me grow it thick. Oh well, next year.

Did I just quote any Leaf fan

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Preds bench 2 guys for Game 3 : Ya took 'er back to the Goatee. Wife likes it better this way. Shame too, only time she lets me grow it thick. Oh well, next year. Did I just quote any Leaf fan
    Posted by LordByron77

Nope. They never have beards to shave in the first place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Heh....hears to better times in the future where we can once again have an excuse to be as hairy as possible!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

And to add to my current tattoo. Thanks again 2011 Boston Bruins for giving me the perfect reason to get inked the first time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The last test of a true fan, Byron.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

After watching the films of Radulov loafing up and down the ice, refusing to play defense of any kind and being on the ice for goals while doing it, I suspect he was going to get scratched no matter what bar he went to.  Sounds like an excuse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

kelly hrudey brings up a good point, they have a guy like tootoo who's busted his hump all year and is watching from the pressbox because radulov gets a free pass to come back and have a spot and then this.  Doesnt send a very good message to the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Model teammates these two...the kind of guys you want on your side.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Model teammates these two...the kind of guys you want on your side.
    Posted by MrVmax

Maybe for a gang-related hit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I give Poile a lot of credit. Gutsy call but it shows his commitment to this team at a crucial time of the season. Nice to see Phoenix moving in a positive direction but I'll be cheering Nashville on at least for this series. Can't help but admire this guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I give Poile a lot of credit. Gutsy call but it shows his commitment to this team at a crucial time of the season. Nice to see Phoenix moving in a positive direction but I'll be cheering Nashville on at least for this series. Can't help but admire this guy.
    Posted by zamboni24

zamboni - Nick Kypreos on THE FAN 590 this afternoon said the Preds could use this incident to "galvanize" themselves against Phoenix.  He said in his experience people outside of the team often expect something like this at this crucial time to sink team morale but it can have the opposite effect.  A kind of a we'll-show-you type of thing. 

Sections
Shortcuts