President Tropfy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

President Tropfy

I hope I never see the Bruins win another President Trophy again. In fact I hope they finish in the middle of the pack and go into the playoffs on the road. Frankly busting your rear end to finish first just to say your the best team in the NHL means nothing.  I think I can count on one hand that a team that finished first went on to win the cup.

Like they say just make it to the big dance and then anything goes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: President Tropfy

Didn't Chicago just do it last year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't Chicago just do it last year?

[/QUOTE]

Yes they did, and they didn't finish first this year and may win it all again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

But when you say, "I think I can count on one hand that a team that finished first went on to win the cup." You make it sound like it's a rare thing... AND IT JUST HAPPENED!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lets flush the trophy in the toilet

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But when you say, "I think I can count on one hand that a team that finished first went on to win the cup." You make it sound like it's a rare thing... AND IT JUST HAPPENED!!!

[/QUOTE]

Short season totally different the Leafs also made the playoffs need I say more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I disagree.  I like when they win games.  Unless we're talking about lottery position, I don't hope they lose.

Also, correlation doesn't imply causation.  They won that trophy but didn't win the Cup, but you can't say they didn't win the Cup because they won that trophy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree.  I like when they win games.  Unless we're talking about lottery position, I don't hope they lose.

Also, correlation doesn't imply causation.  They won that trophy but didn't win the Cup, but you can't say they didn't win the Cup because they won that trophy.

[/QUOTE]

Pull your head out of your *** and think before u post.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IN THE LAST 15 YEARS ONLY 4 TEAMS THAT WON THE PRES HAVE WON THE CUP THAT INCLUDED CHI WHO ON THE PRES IN A SHORT SEASON.  2 OTHERS ARE DET THAT WAS THE TEAM TO BEAT DURING A VAST PART OF THOSE YEARS. 27% OF THE TEAMS WHO HAVE WON THE PRES TROPHY IN LAST 15 YEARS HAVE WON THE CUP.

WINNING THE PRES TROPHY IS MORE OF A CURSE THEN A BLESSING

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the numbers. Some of us get it and some of us don't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

Also, correlation doesn't imply causation.  They won that trophy but didn't win the Cup, but you can't say they didn't win the Cup because they won that trophy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IN THE LAST 15 YEARS ONLY 4 TEAMS THAT WON THE PRES HAVE WON THE CUP THAT INCLUDED CHI WHO ON THE PRES IN A SHORT SEASON.  2 OTHERS ARE DET THAT WAS THE TEAM TO BEAT DURING A VAST PART OF THOSE YEARS. 27% OF THE TEAMS WHO HAVE WON THE PRES TROPHY IN LAST 15 YEARS HAVE WON THE CUP.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, the last 15 years would be the 1998-1999 through 2012-2013 season, and there have only been 14 champions because of the lockout. And, actually 5 President's Trophy winner won cups in that span. Dallas ('99), Colorado ('01), Detroit ('02 & '08), and Chicago ('13). So technically, in the last 15 seasons, 36% of President's winners won the cup.

Also, if you look a little further, one of the top four records in the NHL one the cup 11 of those 14 times. So the idea that you are better off being in the "middle of the pack" is quite ludicrous. In general, one of the best regular season teams wins the cup. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Also, correlation doesn't imply causation.  They won that trophy but didn't win the Cup, but you can't say they didn't win the Cup because they won that trophy

[/QUOTE]

U clearly do not understand everthing that makes this game go around. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I should note that this year will be one of the exceptions as the remaining teams had the 7th, 9th, 10th and 12th best regular season records. It is the first time since 1993, that none of the top four regular season teams made the conference finals (the worst part of the fact, is that was also the last time the Canadiens won the cup - god help us).

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, the last 15 years would be the 1998-1999 through 2012-2013 season, and there have only been 14 champions because of the lockout. And, actually 5 President's Trophy winner won cups in that span. Dallas ('99), Colorado ('01), Detroit ('02 & '08), and Chicago ('13). So technically, in the last 15 seasons, 36% of President's winners won the cup.

Also, if you look a little further, one of the top four records in the NHL one the cup 11 of those 14 times. So the idea that you are better off being in the "middle of the pack" is quite ludicrous. In general, one of the best regular season teams wins the cup. 

[/QUOTE]

Winning 36 % of anything just means u are a loser. Of course one of the top 4 will usually win i think that goes without saying. Your comment is stupid its like u just don't get it. I'm just curious how old are u? lol

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Winning 36 % of anything just means u are a loser. Of course one of the top 4 will usually win i think that goes without saying. Your comment is stupid its like u just don't get it. I'm just curious how old are u? lol

[/QUOTE]

Its not 36%

[/QUOTE]

5 teams that won the President's trophy divided by 14 Stanley Cups awarded = 36%

5/14 = .35714285 

It's called math. Did they have it at your school?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me break it down for you... the original poster said:

"In fact I hope they finish in the middle of the pack and go into the playoffs on the road"

Being one of the top two teams in your conference is not middle of the pack, and middle of the pack teams usually do not win many championships. In fact, five teams who had the best regular season record won the cup, and only three "middle of the pack" teams won the Stanley cup. The idea that you are better of finishing in the "middle of the pack" is completely nonsensical! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

Also if u exclude last year since it was a short season.  3/4 pres trophy winners lost in the first round and ofcourse this years bruins lost in the second round

[/QUOTE]

What does that have to with it? So you would really the Bruins be a worse regular season team because you think that some how increases their chances of winning the cup? You know his gets knocked in the first round more often then President's Trophy winners? Middle of the pack teams!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts