Press conference at 2 w. Savard & MD - will he retire?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Press conference at 2 w. Savard & MD - will he retire?

i hope so.  If he plays again I'll be totally distracted by thinking about the next hit that could make him a vegetable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Press conference at 2 w. Savard & MD - will he retire?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I wish him well either way, and I truly mean that. He's a really good player who helped put Boston back on the map after the ugly 06-07 season and the whole lockout situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i fully expect the b's and savvy to shut it down for the season...and retirement should not be addressed until he comes back to camp late next summer. i hope he can come back ala bergy, but... not if his health is in danger. this announcement will start the dealing process before the deadline. this is about to get real interesting

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

They arent going to even discuss retirement till the offseason. They are just making it formal that he's done for the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

I doubt he makes a decision about retiring yet.  To do so seems premature.  More likely, IMHO, is an announcement that he will miss the remainder of the season due to post-concussion syndrome symptoms persisting.

I would also suspect that any decision RE: retirement would also be deferred until next year.

Get better soon, Marc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think he will but he might after the next hit. Athletes always seem to pro long the invertible because of their need to compete or prove they can comeback. My prediction is the results of the tests were not favorable so he indeed should shut it down for the season it's too bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thinking about the Bruins and forgetting about Savard the person I hope it is in time for the Bruins to get into the FA market.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I hope Savard is able to come back.  Would be sad if he had to leave the game like Primeau and Lindros; especially given the original hit from that dirtbag that started this all.  But health comes first so hopefully shutting it down this year will help him recover completely.  You just never know with concussions.  My sense is that you never truly recover 100% and you're prone to more concussions. 

Having said that, it's not clear to me the impact on the Salary Cap if a player retires due to injury?  I know what happens when they are on LTIR, but if they have to retire outright due to injury, can the team (the Bruins in this case) free up that salary from their cap?