Pressure is on Chiarelli now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Pressure is on Chiarelli now

How many Bruins fans went to bed last night picturing Iginla in a bruins sweater come saturday against the Flyers?

Seems coughing up a lead this year is an orginazional thing.

Now he has to go get something, not just for the fans, at the end of the day it isnt about us, but you have to answer what the Penguins have done.

I'm mad.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: Pressure is on Chiarelli now

There's not much left out ther and PC has showed his weakness. The only thing PC can do is get something to get us better, but the Pens have us good. Trades for the Bruins will not be easy now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Social media you got to love it , NOT !

I'm sure the deal was done with the Bruins, then Iginla decided he would rather be a Penguin and can you really blame him ? Finish his career with the best player in the league. 

I just hope Chiarelli tells it as it is to the media. Although I rather he gets on the phones amd does what he has to do.  There are a number of teams and players out there to be had. 

Just be glad it happened last night, still tme to trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

All I can say is ouch! This one hurts....big time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Last night i watched sportsnet after midnight and 2 reporters were referring to that an unknown bruins source said there was a deal but the Bs called it a night, however the reporters  also said indicated that they didnt think there wasnt a deal . I didnt lose sleep over it and to be honest sit here happy it didnt happen because i strongly feel theres something better coming. Pittsburg can mortgage there future away for a shortened season that will not get them a cup this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Pressure was on before Pitt even signed Morrow. Pressure doesn't matter when you're already smoked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

looks like PC showing the same effort as the players, they needEd Iggy in a big way now he lets him go to a team already better...time to start selling, trade lucic and Horton.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

You guys are barking up the wrong tree, and it's disgusting.

You didn't get your toy and now you blame PC.

Grow up.

The was Jay Feaster's doing. NOT PC. And Jarome didn't change his mind because the Bruins blow a 2-goal 3rd period lead.

Karma will come back. Penguins won't win a Cup, and Flames get absolutely nothing for Iginla.

Let's move on we have a Stanley Cup to Win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Grow up.

The was Jay Feaster's doing. NOT PC. And Jarome didn't change his mind because the Bruins blow a 2-goal 3rd period lead.

Karma will come back. Penguins won't win a Cup, and Flames get absolutely nothing for Iginla.

Agreed. The sky isn't falling. Chia will make some pick ups to round out our depth and we still have as good a shot at the cup as anyone. Chia has built a team that competes every year for the cup. What more can people want? This approach is much better than an all or nothing approach once every decade

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Grow up.

Exactly

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In breaking news.  Aaron Ward fired from tsn.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Grow up.

Great post, Wheat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In other news, we should codify somewhere that no matter how many times you change your alias on this board, those in the know will always call you by the alias you started with.  Nite.  Wheats.  GOAT.  Who am I missing?

32PiM DK42?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Just be glad it happened last night, still tme to trade.

Good outlook.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Good, we can use him on D.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Good, we can use him on D.

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ok so Iginla isn't coming to Boston time to move on people. He has 3 more points than Lucic right now and the same amount of goals as Horton.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Iginla chose Pitt, no one can fault him and we should certainly not blame the Bruin brass. I don't want to mortgage the future for a run at the "Asterix Cup", and the people in the front office are far smarter than i am so i'm confident they won't either. If/when Seguin, Marchand, Bergeron, Lucic, Horton and Krejci start firing at the same time, we have just as good a team (and better) as Pitt. We have good goaltending and a decent, when healthy, defensive corps. Even if we don't win it this year, i'm still very excited about this group. I think the consensus now is that the price for a guy like Clowe just got a little steeper and is that worth going after? Maybe we just have to win it with the current core group, and i'm fine with that people.

. Rant over, soap box closed..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Juts remember all last spring about the Rags and how the media had them penciled in. Yes of course there is pressure on a GMs job, Chiarelli has been there before. Now he just needs to go after someone without a NMC/NTC is all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol......I was thinking the same thing last night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

lol......I was thinking the same thing last night.

JMW what do u think are the chances of getting Jay Bouwmeester would they deal with calgary again after getting burned regardless who is at fault,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Wow three different posts about PC. PC wasn't asleep for the first ten minutes last nite; No one may be willing to take on Horton of the $4million strata. Thought Krug looked prety good last nite. Cannoy believe the goal off of Seids chin, and the deflection off of Chara's stick. PC cannot conrol those.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

JMW what do u think are the chances of getting Jay Bouwmeester would they deal with calgary again after getting burned regardless who is at fault,

I am sure PC would be willing to deal with anyone at this point, especailly after getting embarrased not once but twice this week.

But I have mentioned this before, PC can have all the plans he wants but his weakness is in actual execution. If you can't actualize your plan (for whatever reason) than all the best schemes you have will come to not.

Now, we can blame Iginla, Morrow, Shero, Crosby, or baby Jesus but the fact remains that it is PC's responsibility to make this team better, not find excuses why he can't do his job. We will find out in less than one week if he is capable of doing so.

Personally, as each day goes by I am more convinced that the B's will be going into the playoffs with an AHL forward that barks like a dog, and and at least one AHL calibre Dman, plus some Motteau-esque deadline pickups as the only "upgrades".

Now, I await my fellow posters to tell me what a genious PC was for getting embarrassed twice in the same week.

Sections
Shortcuts