Pressure is on Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Pressure is on Rask

I hope he can handle it.  Please close it out Saturday Tuukka.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Pressure is on Rask

Ya, but the rags were awarded two lucky goals tonight. The win has definitely given the rags more confidence. B's are still Superior.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Agreed I'm not at all worried about the team, I'm worried about Tuukka.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Why, because he lost his footing on a goal tonight?

Were you worried about him before tonight?

Pressure is on Lundqvist if anything. Every goal he gives up could be his last one of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The B's definitely let this one get away, but they should be able to finish off the rags. The worst thing about the loss to the flyers, is that everyone thinks of it anytime the B's go up 3-0. And it will be years before people stop worrying about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Pressure is on Lundqvist if anything. Every goal he gives up could be his last one of the year.

No kel I just don't want any doubt creeping into his head.  A loss Saturday could do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

No kel I just don't want any doubt creeping into his head.  A loss Saturday could do that.

You mean like how it crept in during the Leafs series?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

They weren't up 3-0 on the Leafs.  This is his first series being up 3-0 since, well, you know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Cmon man he wasn't sharp at all, he was fighting it all night

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

They weren't up 3-0 on the Leafs.  This is his first series being up 3-0 since, well, you know.

Rasks yes, The Team no.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Keep holding that grudge.  You were wrong then and you are wrong now.  Thankfully, this team has Rask.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

No grudge Crowls, I would just rather they close out the series Saturday so that there is no chance his head gets messed up.  Boy your sensitive after a loss. Go have your cookies and milk and go to bed.  See you Saturday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Look for Rask to bounce back in Boston big time. He knows he let in a weak one which decided this game. Confident he'll be better in Boston and close out the Rags.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

hang, his quotes after giving up goals he feels should not have happened (i.e., Nash's in Boston) seem to indicate they pi$$ him off more than generate doubt.  Would not surprise me if tonight's game steels his resolve.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

hang, his quotes after giving up goals he feels should not have happened seem to indicate they pi$$ him off more than generate doubt.  Would not surprise me if tonight's game steels his resolve.

That's what I'm hoping for.  He's played well.  I don't even care about the first one tonight.  He caught a rut, big deal. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Serious Question: The OT goal was at the same end of the ice as when he stumbled...does anyone think it plays a bit on him during this game - especially going back down there to play the OT?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Serious Question: The OT goal was at the same end of the ice as when he stumbled...does anyone think it plays a bit on him during this game - especially going back down there to play the OT?

No but I bet he wishes Dougie wasn't on the ice!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I agree with Hangnail that there now is additional pressure on Rask. 

Sure it's a team game, and all goalies give up softies, but he certainly hasn't been at his best in close out games.  You can't ever blame one player in a team sport like hockey but he was in goal for the Philly debacle, and was two empty netters away from blowing a 3-1 lead against Toronto this year.  Since closing out Buffalo in his 2nd attempt, he is 1-7 with a chance to close out a series.  Again, there are a ton of other factors, and you can't place wins and losses on one player, but I certainly understaind the point of view he still needs to prove himself in a big game and that he choked tonight.

It's unfair to give him the Tony Romo label yet, but it's also not unreasonable for fans to question that he may be heading in that direction of being a big stat guy who wilts in the big moments.

The Rags appear to have gotten some swagger back and hopefully he has a huge game on Saturday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to BSXIII's comment:

I agree with Hangnail that there now is additional pressure on Rask. 

Sure it's a team game, and all goalies give up softies, but he certainly hasn't been at his best in close out games.  You can't ever blame one player in a team sport like hockey but he was in goal for the Philly debacle, and was two empty netters away from blowing a 3-1 lead against Toronto this year.  Since closing out Buffalo in his 2nd attempt, he is 1-7 with a chance to close out a series.  Again, there are a ton of other factors, and you can't place wins and losses on one player, but I certainly understaind the point of view he still needs to prove himself in a big game and that he choked tonight.

It's unfair to give him the Tony Romo label yet, but it's also not unreasonable for fans to question that he may be heading in that direction of being a big stat guy who wilts in the big moments.

The Rags appear to have gotten some swagger back and hopefully he has a huge game on Saturday.

Good post although I wouldn't say he choked tonight.  He did make some pretty good saves, just not enough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hang, I think we see Rask come out and have one of his better games on Saturday. he knows he let in a couple of goals he would rather have back tonight. Right now, he's 2-8 with a G.A.A of 3.22 in clinching games.

I expect a big game from him on Saturday.

Please don't thing I was going after you there, your one of the better posters here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Look for Rask to bounce back in Boston big time. He knows he let in a weak one which decided this game. Confident he'll be better in Boston and close out the Rags.

Yeah, he only has the worst playoff collapse in sports history on his resume, and blew more 3rd period leads than anyone else this regular season.  Plenty of reasons to be confident.  Clearly a clutch goalie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Yeah, he only has the worst playoff collapse in sports history on his resume, and blew more 3rd period leads than anyone else this regular season.  Plenty of reasons to be confident.  Clearly a clutch goalie.

So do the majority of his teammates on that same roster who went on the win the Cup the very next year, abra.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

blame me folks. i was in Philly for G4 2010 and at MSG for this game. i knew i should have stayed home.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bruins have dominated this series.  I am not worried.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think you can relax...The Rangers winning this game was their moment in the sun. they honestly should not have won this game. Period. Nothing to do with Tukka. Tukka's fine and so is the team. If anything, this will make the boys play harder on Saturday....

Sections
Shortcuts