pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups

This is not the thread to just rip apart CJ for all the reasons you hate him...I've heard it and i still don't care.

Give us your ideal forward lines with, and without bergeron...here are mine

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand - Peverley - Seguin (with segs and pev interchangable)
    Recchi - Kelly - Ryder
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton

With Bergy
    Lucic - Krejci - Horton 
    Marchand - Bergy - Recchi
    Seguin - Kelly - Peverley (all three can play center)
    Paille - Campbell - Ryder

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups

On seconf thought, I would use the lineup from game 1 again in game 2.  I will leave up my alternate lines and thought process from earlier.

I would go with two top heavy offensive lines if I did not have Bergeron.  I would shorten the bench drastically and use my fourth line wings situationally.  I would expect Thornton to play no more then 4 minutes.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Peverley Kelly
    Recchi/Ryder Campbell Seguin/Paille
    Ryder Paille Thornton // 2-3 shifts at most potentially replace third line wings as shown by circumstances.

With Beregeron our depth is back and I feel the fourth line can be used for there typical 8-10 minutes they received in the first couple rounds.  I really like the explosiveness of the third line and I hope Peverley and Kelly can help Seguin to play a more simplified and sound defensive zone game.  If the Defense from this line is a problem I flip Paille into Seguin's spot.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Kelly Peverley Seguin/Paille
    Paille Campbell Ryder

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

In Response to pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups:
    [QUOTE]This is not the thread to just rip apart CJ for all the reasons you hate him...I've heard it and i still don't care. Give us your ideal forward lines with, and without bergeron...here are mine Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand - Peverley - Seguin (with segs and pev interchangable) Recchi - Kelly - Ryder Paille - Campbell - Thornton With Bergy Lucic - Krejci - Horton  Marchand - Bergy - Recchi Seguin - Kelly - Peverley (all three can play center) Paille - Campbell - Ryder
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

I could definitely live with your line-ups.

I would also play Seguin & Marchand on the PP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

WELL SINCE I AM CJ I GOTTA YELL LOTS AND YOU ALL HAVE TO PICTURE ME SHAKING MY HEAD LOTS AND LOOKING DUMB.

dauber buddy. may be the best idea I have seen you post.  Love the look of that lineup. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

oops.  you have thorton.   He comes out.  Caron in.

Seguin and Marchand are my new rookie combo. 

Here is mine.
    DK/Lucic/Horton- no change
    Peverly/Marchand/Seguin- speed, speed more speed. this is our game changer line.
    Kelly/Recchi/Ryder
    Campy/Paille/Caron

When bergie comes back.

DK/Lucic/Horton
    Bergie/Marchand/Seguin(i was one who said limited ice time.  Well he is now in the mix, he hit, he scored, he played with P&V)
    Kelly/Peverly/Ryder
    Campy/Recchi/Caron

No more Alexander Thorton

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I can't pretend to be Julien because I wouldn't have any problem giving a talented rookie more minutes, I wouldn't have an enforcer playing in this series and Geoff Ward would have been fired a long time ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

great sandog, you clearly didn't read the original post. this isn't the place to give your opinion on CJ....i don't care, it seems that every other thread is about that...this is something else

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups:
    [QUOTE]Without Bergeron: Lucic          Krejci       Horton Kelly         Peverley     Recchi Marchand   Seguin        Ryder Paille        Campbell    Thornton With Bergeron: Lucic         Krejci       Horton Recchi      Bergeron    Caron Marchand   Seguin      Ryder Campbell     Kelly       Peverley
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

lol....what?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lucic         Krejci    Horton
    Marchand   Seguin   Peverley
    Recchi       Kelly      Ryder
    Paille        Campbell  Caron

PP Unit 1:
    Lucic     Krejci        Horton
        Chara          Boychuk

PP Unit 2
    Marchand   Seguin     Recchi
       Keberle        Chara

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

THIS is the time to test caron? its the eastern conference finals, and the time is now to test a rookie that hasn't played an NHL game in like 6 months?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

How bout keeping the 3 original 1,3 & 4 lines together and moving Seguin to Center with Marchand and Recchi....I know as well as any of you, that this would be asking a lot from Seguin and put more responsibility on the kid, but I hate the fact that Kelly is off the 3rd line. When you move guys around it throws off the chemistry. So with Kelly off the 3rd line and Seguin on the third it throws off the chemistry in two lines as opposed to one. Just my two cents. I did see moving Peverly to the second line and placing Kelly on the third line as center with Seguin at wing, which would work better....I think peverly is a little more the type player the second line needs. My two cents anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]THIS is the time to test caron? its the eastern conference finals, and the time is now to test a rookie that hasn't played an NHL game in like 6 months?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

To be fair.  My lineup has Caron as well.  Seguin was given a chance even though he registered one pt in his last 19 games and hasnt played in a month. 

I like Seguin with Marchand...might put Recchi with them now that I have thought about it.  Essentially we put our 3rd line back together. Seguin takes Bergies spot.  And Caron takes Thortons spot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oh bruin fans...so predictable. panic,panic,panic. seven game series win vs. habs(deemed great coaching by clode- key timeout down 3-1, in game 3), series sweep vs. flyers, and now a game one loss-- PANIC!!! coach is horrible, change the lineup, play seguin! they didn't play that bad. goal#1- seids lost his stick, and kicked the puck to the scorer. goal#2- bad goal by TT. goal#3- kaberle served one up. let's not panic, and hope #37 is back tuesday!!!!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]oh bruin fans...so predictable. panic,panic,panic. seven game series win vs. habs(deemed great coaching by clode- key timeout down 3-1, in game 3), series sweep vs. flyers, and now a game one loss-- PANIC!!! coach is horrible, change the lineup, play seguin! they didn't play that bad. goal#1- seids lost his stick, and kicked the puck to the scorer. goal#2- bad goal by TT. goal#3- kaberle served one up. let's not panic, and hope #37 is back tuesday!!!!! 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Yep, a whole lot of panicing going on. You are right about it being a good game after a horrible 85 seconds.....Thats hockey and it happens. They will bounce back. They have too and if they dont, then they lose...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]oh bruin fans...so predictable. panic,panic,panic. seven game series win vs. habs(deemed great coaching by clode- key timeout down 3-1, in game 3), series sweep vs. flyers, and now a game one loss-- PANIC!!! coach is horrible, change the lineup, play seguin! they didn't play that bad. goal#1- seids lost his stick, and kicked the puck to the scorer. goal#2- bad goal by TT. goal#3- kaberle served one up. let's not panic, and hope #37 is back tuesday!!!!! 

oh internet gurus, so predictable.  overreact,overreact,overreact.  Fans are allowed to have opinions and feelings on how they would like the lines to look.  I didn't notice anyone saying "if this doesn't happen, I won't watch" or even, "they can't win if".  There's a three day layoff, if people discuss line combinations, then it's just something fun to think about.  If people complain about a specific aspect of CJ's coaching then it's probably because he isn't perfect, again it's just fun stuff to talk about.  It's kind of why most of us are on this forum, no?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Horton-Krejci-Lucic

Peverly-Kelly-Seguin

Ryder-Marchand-Campbell

Thornton-Paille-Recchi

...and maybe most important of all... PUT SEGUIN ON THE POWER PLAY. Seriously--what do they possibly have to lose at this point?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Lucic  Krejci Horton
    Marchand  Bergeron  Recchi
    Seguin  Peverley  Ryder
    Paille  Kelly  Campbell   (use this line to shut top lines down, they are all penalty Killers that have speed and play physical)

I think Bergy will be there for game 2. They showed him skating on CBC before game 1 and he looked good. I dont want him to rush back but its killing him not to play and help his team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

: PP drills done. Patrice Bergeron starting full practice with teammates.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am fine with the game 1 lineup. It was less the line combos then the execution that was the issue.  But I would give Seguin PP minutes....  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

down 2-0 to the habs, cj cound have panicked(like most here), but didn't. if he panicks, the team gets that vibe. he has shown confidence in them, and they have responded. what some consider a fault, i see as a strength. i wouldn't want to be coached by a guy who panicks after every loss and changes the lines. it provides no stability. if the b's play their game, they are really tough to beat. ask montreal and philly. did everyone think the b's would go 16-0 in the playoffs? they are going to lose a few games, it's how they respond after a loss that will be telling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]down 2-0 to the habs, cj cound have panicked(like most here), but didn't. if he panicks, the team gets that vibe. he has shown confidence in them, and they have responded. what some consider a fault, i see as a strength. i wouldn't want to be coached by a guy who panicks after every loss and changes the lines. it provides no stability. if the b's play their game, they are really tough to beat. ask montreal and philly. did everyone think the b's would go 16-0 in the playoffs? they are going to lose a few games, it's how they respond after a loss that will be telling.

No doubt you're right about resisting the urge to panic, but at least on the PP can we not agree that it's time to try SOMETHING different? Seguin simply needs to get a look on the PP at this point...get some speed thru the neutral zone to break the 1-3-1 trap....utilize his sniper shot....ANYTHING to get the PP going. Bruins got away w/a powerless PP in both Mtl. and Philly series, but how long can you keep playing w/that fire?

I think by now it's obvious that whatever CJ's (or Ward's) "system" is on the PP, it aint working . Not a panic move to try something different--more at this juncture like a necessity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]down 2-0 to the habs, cj cound have panicked(like most here), but didn't. if he panicks, the team gets that vibe. he has shown confidence in them, and they have responded. what some consider a fault, i see as a strength. i wouldn't want to be coached by a guy who panicks after every loss and changes the lines. it provides no stability. if the b's play their game, they are really tough to beat. ask montreal and philly. did everyone think the b's would go 16-0 in the playoffs? they are going to lose a few games, it's how they respond after a loss that will be telling.

I agree somewhat with what you are saying but some strategic tinkering is what makes for great coaches. Bowman would tinker in-game until he found the desired outcome and it seemed to work (understatement). Stability is important but so is innovation....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i say system shmystem. i'm sure the system is not "stay stationary, and no one skate towards the goal". that's what's happening- everyone finds a spot on the ice and stays there. not to mention kaberle is useless, it may as well be 4v4. he is is ZERO threat to shoot. what's this guy's problem? is he embarrased of his weak shot? skate towards the net with the puck, make a d-man commit, and then shoot or find  a teammate that's open for a shot. the players are gripping their sticks too tightly, feeling the presure. gotta be loose and aggressive- big z has got to start unleashing his cannon from everywhere(except the sidewall-no angle), guys get hit with his shot, and either get hurt or clear the area. it's about confidence/ energy and execution. any way you look at it, you have one more guy than they can cover- ATTACK.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

W/O Bergy

LKH
    March - Campbell - Recchi
    Paille - Kelly - Peverley
    Thornton - Seguin - Ryder

PP
    LKH
    March - Pev - Ryder

PK
    Camp - Paille
    Kelly - March
    Pev - Recchi

W Bergy
    LKH
    March - Berg- Recchi
    Peverley - Kelly - Ryder
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton 

PP
    LKH
    Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi

PK
    Berg - March
    Campbell - Paille
    Kelly - Pev

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

ahhhh, i don't really know if you understand what this thread is about. Its not about panic. In case you haven't noticed, Patrice Bergeron is injured, so your rant in an earlier post saying that people are panicking and saying play seguin really doesn't make much sense. In case you didn't watch game 1, Seguin was very effective, so why would it be considered panicking to consider keeping him in the lineup when bergy returns?

Sections
Shortcuts