pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups

I love Thornton, but the truth is Shawno is useless in the playoffs...

No one fights, especially the Lightining...

Couple that with Seguin's undeniable ability and I'd go with this:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchmand-Bergy-Recchi
    Kelly-Peverley-Ryder
    Paille-Campbell-Seguin

Put Seguin in on that 4th line and it instantly becomes a viable scoring line.

Obviously, Seguin still has a lot to learn defensively, but I'll take that trade off for 5 minutes a game...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jstucker. Show jstucker's posts

In Response to Re: pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups:
    [QUOTE]Lucic  Krejci Horton Marchand  Bergeron  Recchi Seguin  Peverley  Ryder Paille  Kelly  Campbell   (use this line to shut top lines down, they are all penalty Killers that have speed and play physical) I think Bergy will be there for game 2. They showed him skating on CBC before game 1 and he looked good. I dont want him to rush back but its killing him not to play and help his team.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Lucicfan is spot on. Keeping Seguin in provides more legitimate speed in combination with Peverley, meanwhile Kelly has the mobility (lineup wise) that Seguin doesn't. Kelly can realistically play well on any line but the top (although second seems to be a stretch for him). He has the defensive style necessary for the fourth line that Seguin simply lacks. Seguin has to be on a skill line or there's no point playing him.

And can Kampfer please put Kaberle out of his misery?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dauber... the entire premis of the thread is you don't think cj is starting the correct lineups. why else would they need to be changed. the lineup that works is the one that includes bergeron. period. without him, things can be reshuffled, but the effect is the same, they need bergy. he's their best all-around player, whoever replaces him- is a huge downgrade in talent. shuffle away, the end result is the same. that loss on saturday had nothing to do with not having the correct line combinations- it was a horrible minute and a half, and it cost them the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

CJ is stuck. Tampa's PP defense can be beaten by speed and skilled shooters. Both Seguin and Marchand have speed and shots to burn, so use them. Replace Thornton, beloved as he is, with a skilled hockey player named Caron. CJ's rose colored glasses see the 4th line as viable, hopefully Neely can suggest a different view. In addition, Recchi's performance mirrors his age, great instincts, but limited capability. Needs to be on 4th line to conserve energy for specific moments. IMO keep Kreji's line; Have Marchand/Bergeron/Seguin[ with Peverly if Bergie is not available]; Kelly/Peverly/Ryder[ add in Campbell if Peverly moves up];Campbell/Recchi/Caron [ add Paille if Campbell moves up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the mistakes were made by two defenseman and the goalie, not the forwards. i think your barking up the wrong tree. i won't post again on this thread, which i'm sure will make you happy. GO B'S

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]dauber... the entire premis of the thread is you don't think cj is starting the correct lineups. why else would they need to be changed. the lineup that works is the one that includes bergeron. period. without him, things can be reshuffled, but the effect is the same, they need bergy. he's their best all-around player, whoever replaces him- is a huge downgrade in talent. shuffle away, the end result is the same. that loss on saturday had nothing to do with not having the correct line combinations- it was a horrible minute and a half, and it cost them the game.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

no. not really. i think CJ was correct in his line up decisions for game one, but seguin proved himself, and deserves more ice time, so things should be changed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups : I could definitely live with your line-ups. I would also play Seguin & Marchand on the PP
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

I would also replace Kaberle with Kampfer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups : I would also replace Kaberle with Kampfer.
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

thank god you are nowhere near the coaching staff

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: pretend your CJ, your ideal line ups : thank god you are nowhere near the coaching staff
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Yeah and Kaberle has been the best player in the world since we got him.  Worse trade in Bruins history.  Sad thing is Chiarelli has to sign him to a deal as he cannot cut his losses as he gave up way too much to get him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

awk,

Panic is all CJ does. Watch him during a game.  His composure skills are lacking and thats being kind.  He is a train wreck.  I would love to watch his heart monitored for a game.  All he does is yell at every call, shake his head, yell some more.  Can't wait until he is toast. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

This team hasn't been 8 wins away from the cup since 92, and all you guys can talk about is how we have to change....we are still 3 wins away from elimination....enjoy the ride

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic  Krejci Horton Marchand  Bergeron  Recchi Seguin  Peverley  Ryder Paille  Kelly  Campbell   (use this line to shut top lines down, they are all penalty Killers that have speed and play physical) I think Bergy will be there for game 2. They showed him skating on CBC before game 1 and he looked good. I dont want him to rush back but its killing him not to play and help his team.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

very interesting

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

1-3-1. 1-3-1. 1-3-1. That's all we heard for days, so what does Boucher do? He scraps the 1-3-1 and lays down a gauntlet.

The mark of a good team is the ability to dictate the terms of the game, and Tampa did that in Game 1. I don't think it's indicative of how the whole series will play out, but it made a difference in one game and now it's 1-0 Tampa.

There are two types of coaches: play the game that got you here coaches (Arbour), and the tinker until something clicks coaches (Bowman). Here in a more modern era, I believe the tinkerers have the best chance. So to tinker away...the following lines were designed to make it difficult for Tampa to shut one group down, to mix up the talent, and most importantly to make sure there is a balance of size/speed/skill/experience on each:

w/ Bergeron:

Marchand-Krejci-Horton
    Lucic-Bergeron-Peverly
    Seguin-Kelly-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Ryder

Chara-Seids
    Ference-Boychuck
    Kaberle-McQuaid

PP#1: Bergeron-Lucic-Peverly-Chara-Boychuck
    PP #2: Krejci-Horton-Marchand-Ference-Seids

w/o Bergeron:

Marchand-Krejci-Horton
    Lucic-Peverly-Ryder
    Seguin-Kelly-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Caron

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]1-3-1. 1-3-1. 1-3-1. That's all we heard for days, so what does Boucher do? He scraps the 1-3-1 and lays down a gauntlet. The mark of a good team is the ability to dictate the terms of the game, and Tampa did that in Game 1. I don't think it's indicative of how the whole series will play out, but it made a difference in one game and now it's 1-0 Tampa. There are two types of coaches: play the game that got you here coaches (Arbour), and the tinker until something clicks coaches (Bowman). Here in a more modern era, I believe the tinkerers have the best chance. So to tinker away...the following lines were designed to make it difficult for Tampa to shut one group down, to mix up the talent, and most importantly to make sure there is a balance of size/speed/skill/experience on each: w/ Bergeron: Marchand-Krejci-Horton Lucic-Bergeron-Peverly Seguin-Kelly-Recchi Paille-Campbell-Ryder Chara-Seids Ference-Boychuck Kaberle-McQuaid PP#1: Bergeron-Lucic-Peverly-Chara-Boychuck PP #2: Krejci-Horton-Marchand-Ference-Seids w/o Bergeron: Marchand-Krejci-Horton Lucic-Peverly-Ryder Seguin-Kelly-Recchi Paille-Campbell-Caron
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    breaking up lucic horton krejci? insane

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

hey dauber...you're the one who started the "fairy tale" thread. oh wait, he doesn't agree with you, one point for me! i know you're keeping score.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yes, breaking up the 1st line is an honest, objective conclusion when I look at their weaknesses. I think the Bruins are too predictable, and the Bolts will exploit those weaknesses better than MTL and PHI could. I would argue that replacing Lucic with Marchand on that top line doesn't dramatically decrease its effectiveness, but the trickle-down effect of Looch on the 2nd line and other moves will make the Bruins significantly more dynamic and harder to play against Lines 2-4.

We're married to that first line, but I still think this lineup would be incredibly hard to defend. Who are you going to focus on? Where's the defensive liability? Every line has speed, skill, experience, youth, and checkers/grinders:

Marchand-Krejci-Horton
    Lucic-Bergeron-Peverly
    Seguin-Kelly-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Ryder

Sooooo.....not insane. Just sayin'. Respectfully, of course.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i understand that creating a deeper lineup would be benificial, but we struggled to generate offense in game 1, why break up our best offensive line that has showed fantastic chemistry all year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]i understand that creating a deeper lineup would be benificial, but we struggled to generate offense in game 1, why break up our best offensive line that has showed fantastic chemistry all year?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

agreed, Lucic-Krejci-Horton line, when on, are almost unstoppable.  I just want Thornton out of the line-up, but that will not happen until Bergeron is back.  I would put Seguin-Kelley-Ryder together, Recchi-Peverley-Marchand, and Thornton-Campbell-Paille...when Bergeron is back Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Recchi-Bergeron-Marchand, Peverley-Kelley-Ryder, Seguin-Campbell-Paille (that line can fly)...

Sections
Shortcuts