Pretty discouraging tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: Pretty discouraging tonight

was a bad loss for sure

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

RIn Response to Pretty discouraging tonight:
    The effort seemed apparent, they just looked happless out there.  Couldn't capitalize on a damn thing.  Couldn't keep the puck on their sticks, when huge opportunities were seconds away.  Lost most of the one on one battles.  But again, not from any lack of effort or energy....and that's the discouraging part.  They just weren't good enough.  They looked like a group of players lacking the proper skill it takes to carry out the actions they were attempting This can NOT carry over into the Montreal game or they will get completely embarrassed 
    Posted by Swearengen

Rask played well again though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Pretty discouraging tonight:
    The effort seemed apparent, they just looked happless out there.  Couldn't capitalize on a damn thing.  Couldn't keep the puck on their sticks, when huge opportunities were seconds away.  Lost most of the one on one battles.  But again, not from any lack of effort or energy....and that's the discouraging part.  They just weren't good enough.  They looked like a group of players lacking the proper skill it takes to carry out the actions they were attempting This can NOT carry over into the Montreal game or they will get completely embarrassed 
    Posted by Swearengen

Couldn't or didn't?  Perhaps, that is the question? And, if the answer is consistently the latter...there are problems.  Of course, if they simply cannot perform, then maybe they can play for picks and attempt to work up that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

I wanted to come on here and say what a shame it was that the majority of the B's had to suffer a loss due directly to two men making major f up's.  The ref who whistled Thornton for that completely non-existent penalty and Marc Savard for one of the most unacceptably boneheaded passes of the season

.....But they should have played much better than they did.  They really should have been able to overcome that stuff, but instead they went down without much of a fight.....they tried to fight, but had no punch

Hopefully this was just "one of those nights."  But just in case it wasn't, I won't be watching this upcoming Montreal game.  I'll DVR it and go back and watch it if they win.  I know that sounds pretty weak, but I simply can NOT handle watching them lose games to the Habs.  It makes me violently angry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

The lines need another shake-up.  Horton has been invisible most nights for about  amonth now, and I cant even remember the last time Lucic scored a goal, or even threw a memorable hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Happy with Rask, Kampfer, Seguin, Ference, Marchand and Siedenberg's play tonight. I just cannot put my finger on why the Bruins are just so lousy the last two years at home baffling.

Power play now is just plain difficult to watch I don't recall a Power play unit being this bad in Boston. I'm sure 97' and 06' were bad but this is just unbearable now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrightonChick. Show BrightonChick's posts

In Response to Re: Pretty discouraging tonight:
    The lines need another shake-up.  Horton has been invisible most nights for about  amonth now, and I cant even remember the last time Lucic scored a goal, or even threw a memorable hit.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

Agree we need line shake-ups.  I'd say put Savard and Seguin back together - they had a little chemistry but never played enough together to see where it could go.  But part of me suspects, line changes or not, the team simply needs tougher practices.  I've only heard 1 or 2 in the past month described as hard or spirited.  And they seem to have a lot of optional sessions.  Conditioning may also be an issue.  Tired players make mistakes and sometimes we look noticeably slower than other teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Happy with Rask, Kampfer, Seguin, Ference, Marchand and Siedenberg's play tonight. I just cannot put my finger on why the Bruins are just so lousy the last two years at home baffling. Power play now is just plain difficult to watch I don't recall a Power play unit being this bad in Boston. I'm sure 97' and 06' were bad but this is just unbearable now.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Ryder returned to awful tonight.It just seems like he forgets to give a damn sometimes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

What's with Savard ????   Can he pass any worse ???

What's with Boychuck ???   Can he even make a pass, let alone give the puck away ?

What's with the ice makers in Boston ?  That puck was bouncing every which way but flat !

Where was Horton, Lucic, Ryder ? MIA !!

Why was everybody standing around ?

Something has to change.

Good thing we have 2 good goalies, cause we are going to need BOTH of them for the whole season. I sure hope which ever goalie starts in Montreal plays wayyyy above themselfs, cause if the Bruins put in an effort like this in Montereal, it ain't going to be pretty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Lucic, Horton, Savard - 2 on the night.. Krejci invisible again tonite, 1 point in last 5 games, same for Lucic, ....Bruins won't win many games when these guys don't contribute night in and night out.. and they have been terribly inconsistent for a while now...

Well , at least we can't blame Rask for this one...As someone on here likes to put it " It is what it is "...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I wanted to come on here and say what a shame it was that the majority of the B's had to suffer a loss due directly to two men making major f up's.  The ref who whistled Thornton for that completely non-existent penalty and Marc Savard for one of the most unacceptably boneheaded passes of the season .....But they should have played much better than they did.  They really should have been able to overcome that stuff, but instead they went down without much of a fight.....they tried to fight, but had no punch Hopefully this was just "one of those nights."  But just in case it wasn't, I won't be watching this upcoming Montreal game.  I'll DVR it and go back and watch it if they win.  I know that sounds pretty weak, but I simply can NOT handle watching them lose games to the Habs.  It makes me violently angry
    Posted by Swearengen

You may just be skipping the replay of saturday's game. Granted the Pens were without Sid and Fleury tonight but if the B's perform like they did tonight -- Hab's fans will be dancing in the streets Saturday night. In addition to dancing -- count on a few overturned flaming police cars. Classy fans again -- Boo every time Malkin touched the puck then cheered when he went down with a knee injury. I was going to say it must be disturbing to not have 1 player on their team that can tie Malkin's skates but truth be told -- neither do we.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

if you watched the game tonight at actually think the team played with energy, you are absolutely crazy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

When the Bruins play without any hostility, much as they did tonight, the result is usually a loss.  Right now they don't have that offensive gunner, a player that makes the other team nervous as soon as he hops over the boards, be it 5 on 5 or the PP.  Still, I'll take their record. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's with Boychuck ???   Can he even make a pass, let alone give the puck away ?
    Posted by Stuke50

Last summer, people were all over his jock, talking about how great he is and the MPH of his shot.  As I tried to remind people of his inexperience at the NHL level and the unknown of his true talent level...oh did I take a beating!

In return, many months later, where are all the Johnny Rocket fanboys?  I'm not saying that he's terrible, or even that he's bad, but I wouldn't put him a stitch over average on his best nights.

Two or three really big checks does not a good defenseman make.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

trade em all!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The B's are listless at times, no question about it. I've given ways to improve the PP. It's radical but put Krecji, Savard and Bergeron all out there, all at one time. The idea here is score and score quickly. The three players together on a PP would scare the bejesus out of the other teams. But they're all centers, danny, you can't do that?? Sure you can. Play them together for 45 at the start of the PP, dump one of at the 45 second mark, then you have 2 rested centers for the next shift. Start thinking outside the box on the PP. I love Recchi, but he is NOT A PP GUY anymore. He is too slow. He plays on a reg. 5 on 5..not on the PP. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Have just about beaten the skin out of this drum, yet the beat goes on: 

Bruins can't stand prosperity, at least THEIR version of prosperity.  Returning from a deceptively good road trip where they took 8 of a possible 10 points, the complacent, enigmatic, immature B's predictably laid an egg first game back.  This IS a pattern, something they've been doing consistently for about 23 months now.

While I too loathe the Canadiens, did you see they managed to get past the Crosby-less Pens last night?  At first glance, you might say "big deal, it's easier to beat the Pens w/o Crosby", etc.  But my point is, at least Montreal did what they had to to win.  I shudder to think how the B's would approach a game against Pittsburgh playing without Crosby. You know damn right well they would have...AGAIN...played to the perceived level of their competition, to their own folly.  Absolutely inexcusable, just like the B's effort last night vs. a hot Wild club.

B's seemingly have little respect for most of the opposition, which in the end  reveals that the B's have little respect for themselves.  Something's alarmingly lacking "in the room".  Good for Thornton for continuing to speak up about the fact that not everyone played hard last night.

Sections
Shortcuts