Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron)

The best thing that can happen is for one of the Western Conf. series to go to 7 games, so he can at least get the maximum recovery time without missing games.

It is a bit troubling that the Bruins first two opponents had equal or greater losses to injury as the Bruins have had with Savard, but with Tampa you seem to have a very healthy team with a full lineup.

Otherwise I have to agree with Bookboy that hearing something (anything) from Bergy himself would be revealing.  Maybe the team doesn't want him to speak, but you would think that if he is working out at all, he would have the opportunity to speak.  Not hearing from him would seem to be a bad sign.

And Bookboy, I like the new sign off with the playoffs theme.  For many here it is Stanley Cup or bust.  Although I am desperate for a championship too, I must admit that if someone had told me at the beginning of the season that the Bruins would win playoff series against Montreal and Philly I would have been pretty happy without knowing anything else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron):
    [QUOTE]King, I think the rule now is that if you are diagnosed with a concussion of any kind, you are required to miss one week of action at minimum.  So Chiarelli didn't really commit to anything he wasn't already committed to. I'm more concerned that we haven't heard from the man himself.  I'm looking for that post-practice news conference where he says: I'm fine, but you know, with concussions and with my history, and looking at what happened with Savvy, you want to be cautious.  The doctors will tell me if I'm good to go, and I'll trust them to make the right call.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    I guess Im with you, it would be nice to have Bergeron come out and say he is ok. But why should he? To assuage some rabid, Bruins-loving fan base's fears? Personally, it would make me sleep better and it would be a nice gesture to me, but they have nothing strategic to gain by doing so. In fact, they might have infinitely more to LOSE by disclosing anything.
    Go B's!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron) : Because under the new rules, they have to say it and the player has to sit out at least a week. PC has no choice or option in the matter.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Not true Red, or at least this flies in the face of it - /> Ryan Miller said after being beaten by the Flyers that his upper body injury was a concussion.

While the team may have to tell the NHL, the NHL doesn't have to tell the media, does it?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron):[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron) : so did Crosby and he also was diagnosed with a mild concussion. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Crosby was hit under the chin two times in under about a week. Bergeron was hit helmet to helmet then skated off the ice on his own accord. Crosby reported to not be in good spirits and having headaches immediately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

[QUOTE]The reality is, it's very possible one of the two remaining West Conf series will go 7. Today is Monday.  They have all week to look at this.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

From your lips to God's ears.  With the caveat that Detroit doesn't advance.  If the B's get to the Finals, I think they match up better vs. the other 3 teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxdriver. Show maxdriver's posts

Sit at least a week is correct,who knows if he was symptom free Saturday morning...If that is the case,next Saturday he takes the SCAT test again he passes he plays..This is the ECF by the way

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron):
    [QUOTE]HackswithHaggs Joe Haggerty Checked in w/Patrice Bergeron's agent, Kent Hughes, this morning and he told me No. 37's spirits were "pretty good" Take that as a good sign
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

During the examination after the hit Bergeron was not diorientated, not empared, not even dizzy.  But it bugged the hell out of me that the doctor was quoted as saying he was "despondent."  Ok, fine, it was a heavy hit and this is for the Stanley Cup and so Bergeron NEEDS to Man Up.  It's not like there was a death in his family or the cat is missing.  It's disappointing to him he's suffered another concussion but this in a minor one compared to the two he had in the past.  Next time he's gotta keep his head up and try to avoid the damage. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pretty good news(Patrice Bergeron) : What I'm afraid is this Disney on Ice in Tampa next week.  Rumour has it ( and hope this is not true) that even if there is a game7 in the Western conference in San Jose (Vancouver is schedules for Wednesday if necessary) they will play on Thursday night in Boston. Fans and team will have to live with Bergy maybe not playing this series or maybe if need be the last 2 games of this series if it goes 6 or 7.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That is a reasonable expectation for a man who has suffered concussions before.  Family first always, even if it disrupts my dream sequence of the Bs.  The best teams seem to find a way!  Peverly is the key imo! Go Bs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Glad you like the new sig, Fletch.  I was getting tired of talk about how long it's been since they made the ECF or the Finals or how it would be great for them to get to round 3 or round 4 because it's been so long.  Skrew that.

I think there's two things going on there, though.  One is expectations vs. reality.  When your team hasn't won in a long time, your expectations take a hit.  When they've had President's Trophy contenders and winners and flamed out in the playoffs - AND lost any momentum that might have given them due to injuries, FA losses, and bad trades - a year like this year is a pleasant surprise.  But it's meaningless other than as a month of exciting hockey.  Gotta be 29 losers and one winner at the end, and when you go out, how you go out, to whom you go out - well that's all the stuff of building next year's expectations.  That's the side you have to focus on in the playoffs - ride of the valkyries, win or die trying, exit 16W.

On topic, Bergeron's been their most consistent player, maybe their best player, but he hasn't necessarily been the straw.  Unlike the days of JT, Allison, Oates, Neely - these Bruins aren't built around one key forward who makes everyone else go.  Krejci, Horton, and Lucic will need to keep their level up.  Peverley, Ryder, and especially Seguin will have to play responsible, high-tempo offensive hockey.  Marchand and Recchi and Kelly will have to do the defensive job Bergeron did, and still chip in on O.  It won't be easy to play around that big hole in the lineup, but they can paper over it a bit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

The key is starting as late as possible.  Next Saturday would be awesome. 

We all know Bergeron will be back on the ice as soon as one doctor says ok.  Let's hope for Game 3

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Here's what's going to happen with Bergeron:
    You're not going to hear a word from him, and then one day he'll be at practice, and then reporters will ask if Bergeron is going to play, and it's going to be "he's a game time decision" and that decision will be made in the infirmative. They're not going to say anything about him good or bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Tommy, I'm fine with that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

So can we count on Patrice's spirit to play in the next game?

Haggerty is such a yahoo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]When they brought in the new head shot rules a few months ago, one of them was that any player who is diagnosed with concussion symptoms must sit out a minimum of one week AND this must be reported to the NHL as a concussion. Obfuscating this kind of injury now violates league rules.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'm finding rules for the in-game protocol, but can't seem to locate what's written for handling concussed players once the game is over (ie: 1-week delay, ability to practise, scheduling the scans, protocol for returning a player to action). Are there official rules somewhere to reference?

Sections
Shortcuts