Prevent Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Prevent Defense

Never, never, never and never does a prevent defense work in any sport especially when it is attempted against a high-offense team such as Pitt.  This was a stupid and embarrassing loss with the blame solely on coaching.  I read where Julien said "we" (that must be the imperial we...) made bad decisions...  Hey coach who made bad decisions???? 

Talk about fining players for whatever - this is a classic case of handing a stupid coach a $50k fine for his obvious stupidity and lack of coaching expertise!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Prevent Defense

In response to bingobilly's comment:

obvious stupidity and lack of coaching expertise!

Maybe he can hock the Stanley Cup ring he won to pay this fine?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Never, never, never and never does a prevent defense work in any sport especially when it is attempted against a high-offense team such as Pitt.  This was a stupid and embarrassing loss with the blame solely on coaching.  I read where Julien said "we" (that must be the imperial we...) made bad decisions...  Hey coach who made bad decisions???? 

Talk about fining players for whatever - this is a classic case of handing a stupid coach a $50k fine for his obvious stupidity and lack of coaching expertise!

Not sure i would put game totaly on him,when they iterviewed him at the bench,he said they needed to generate more offence,but yes them sitting on leads is becomeing a big issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

obvious stupidity and lack of coaching expertise!

Maybe he can hock the Stanley Cup ring he won to pay this fine?

And what has he done lately I ask?  Life is cruel; a hero yesterday and a bum today...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And what has he done lately I ask?  Life is cruel; a hero yesterday and a bum today...

Feel free to check the standings and get back to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The New Jersey Devils and their three Cups would disagree with you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also bingo a true "prevent defense", which isn't what Boston employed last night, in hockey is called the "neutral zone trap" and a bunch of Cups have been won by teams that used it, most notably the Devils and the 70's Habs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yep it was CJ's fault his team kiefed the bed! ^^^^= dumb.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to red75's comment:

The New Jersey Devils and their three Cups would disagree with you.

And to a lesser degree the Wild under Jacques Lemaire.  In their first eight years with him the team was 293-255-108 (.529) including 171- 98-58 at home (613).   The Wild’s 293 wins in its first eight seasons are the most of any of the nine NHL expansion teams since '91.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I think the OP is wrong on every level. 

-The prevent defense works often.  More often then it doesn't.  If you execute it poorly, it doesn't work well.

-That wasn't the prevent defense last night.  There was no trap or obvious strategy change.  The Bruins got tired and sloppy.  Lazy backcheck too.  That was regular Bruins hockey in terms of formation, but guys were downright lethargic.

-The Bruins, and other teams, have been very effective in holding the lead without pressing offensively (if that's what you call 'prevent').  Simple passes, hard off the glass, puck in deep when they get possession, hard backcheck, stay out of the box, lots of d-zone coverage, no odd man rushes, clear out the slot/crease aggressively, etc.  Watch game 7 against Vancouver.  After the two goal lead is established they changed to the habits above instead of sending three guys deep into the offensive zone to try to score.  Worked like a charm.  Every counter-attack was met with aggressive defense.  Canucks couldn't do a thing.

Sections
Shortcuts