Price or TT for MVP&Vezina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Price or TT for MVP&Vezina

It wasnt so long ago that I was laughed off the board with my remark that Price should be considered for the MVP and Vezina. 

But taking everything into play.  HONESTLY.  Who is more valuable to their team than Price.  Check the stat line between the two.  Look at all the injuries to Montreal defense.  As much as I hate to admit I am right. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Price or TT for MVP&Vezina

In Response to Price or TT for MVP&Vezina:
    [QUOTE]It wasnt so long ago that I was laughed off the board with my remark that Price should be considered for the MVP and Vezina.  But taking everything into play.  HONESTLY.  Who is more valuable to their team than Price.  Check the stat line between the two.  Look at all the injuries to Montreal defense.  As much as I hate to admit I am right. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe...as a Bruin fan, through and through , I have to give Price his Props..I think this kid is a class act..he really took the ball and ran with it this year. However Thomas, so far, has to be the the frontruner, due to his stellar  numbers. IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Just because Price is having a good season and TT plays brutal vs the habs and habs fans only watch habs games they think that Price has been better than TT so far!  Typicall habs fans!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Price has been really, really good this year but "the scoreboard doesn't lie" -- Timmy's been downright dirty this year. I don't care how good the team in front of you is, it's Vezina-level-impressive to lead the league in all/most major statistical categories.

Barring meltdown, he's a lock for the Vezina.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

by goalie standards thomas's numbers are way better than prices. 2nd place is closer to 10th place that it is to thomas in either gaa or gg. vezina no doubt to thomas at this point, but the hart hardly ever goes to a goalie(yes i know the last- but don't care). price will win neither

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thank you to the logical replies.  I didnt think I would get a majority of honest answers. Very nice to see.
    I find it too funny I was just called a Habs fan b/c I made an opionion by one. 

The stats don't lie and thats why I ask you all to look at them. 
    TT- 29W-8L-7SO  1.97GAA-939SP-89GA  1468SA
    PRICE- 31W-21L-7SO 2.34GAA-923SP-134GA 1738SA

I know TT has the edge on a lot of them but Price also played more games which would bring some of his stats up.

And we all know the MVP is the most valuable to their "team". 
    -Boston has a very very good team as indicated on here and by the obvious.  Boston has a norris trophy candidate and a strong defensive trap style game.
    - Price has been missing his top 2 defenders all year and has played a mash unit on defense most of the year.  They have also been w/o their top fwds for stints this year.  
    Had Price been injured Montreal would be playing for last place and I don't think you can say that of TT.  

As much as I hate to admit it I would likely give the award to Price.  He has was hammered as the goat when Halak was traded and booed in pre-season by his home fans in the 1st game.  He then has put the team on hi shoulders and the results are above.  Pretty darn impressive. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Price or TT for MVP&Vezina:
    [QUOTE]Thank you to the logical replies.  I didnt think I would get a majority of honest answers. Very nice to see. I find it too funny I was just called a Habs fan b/c I made an opionion by one.  The stats don't lie and thats why I ask you all to look at them.  TT- 29W-8L-7SO  1.97GAA-939SP-89GA  1468SA PRICE- 31W-21L-7SO 2.34GAA-923SP-134GA 1738SA I know TT has the edge on a lot of them but Price also played more games which would bring some of his stats up. And we all know the MVP is the most valuable to their "team".  -Boston has a very very good team as indicated on here and by the obvious.  Boston has a norris trophy candidate and a strong defensive trap style game. - Price has been missing his top 2 defenders all year and has played a mash unit on defense most of the year.  They have also been w/o their top fwds for stints this year.   Had Price been injured Montreal would be playing for last place and I don't think you can say that of TT.   As much as I hate to admit it I would likely give the award to Price.  He has was hammered as the goat when Halak was traded and booed in pre-season by his home fans in the 1st game.  He then has put the team on hi shoulders and the results are above.  Pretty darn impressive. 

The only notable category Price leads in is wins and that is because as you pointed out he has played more games.

I agree with you that the Habs wouldn't be in the playoffs without Price's play, but disagree that the Bruins wouldn't be in a similar position without Timmy's play. Before the big additions and winning streaks, this team, save for Timmy, was extremely inconsistent. A lot of low scoring, one-goal games went our way and that is a reflection on the goaltending. Don't forget that many on this board were calling for CJ's head because they felt if it weren't for the goaltending, we'd be out of the playoffs. And Tuukka hasn't been Tuukka until a couple of weeks ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Also, in terms of value, check out the records of our goalies. Our starter has fewer losses than our backup despite having played more than double the number of games and against better opponents.

Timmy: 29-8-7

Tuukka: 9-11-1

This stat directly shows how important TT has been so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think TT will win the MVP and Vezina.  I just think w/o Price that the Habs definitely wouldnt be in the playoffs and definitely wouldnt be challenging for a division title. 
    I don't think the same can be said of a Bruin team that has the 5th best offense and top rated defense. 

TT is having an outta this world year I just believe Price is the most valuable to his team.  One of the Gazoo Twins will likely win. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

every team has a mvp...but from ALL those teams ONE is the leagues most valuable. vezina is not in question- that's purely numbers, and its not close-TT.  the most valuable in the league cannot be the 2nd or 3rd best goalie in the league- the top goalie(if he was that much better than his peers-this year's TT), would be the most valuable. that's why its hardly ever done, the goalies are generally pretty close in their numbers year to year. this year Thomas has been head and shoulders above the rest. vezina definitely, hart maybe-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]I think TT will win the MVP and Vezina.  I just think w/o Price that the Habs definitely wouldnt be in the playoffs and definitely wouldnt be challenging for a division title.  I don't think the same can be said of a Bruin team that has the 5th best offense and top rated defense.  TT is having an outta this world year I just believe Price is the most valuable to his team.  One of the Gazoo Twins will likely win. 

I think TT's headed straight for the Vezina but I don't think the Hart will go to a goalie. I think it'll probably go the Stamkos.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

TT will likely win the Vezina but doesnt deserve it.  Its interesting that Bruins goalies have been at the top or near the top in GAA and S% every year in recent years... which goes to Claude's system more than anything.  Price, Renne, Crawford, Kiprosoff and others have been better than Thomas this year, but it's easy to not look at things any closer than numbers.

Not close in MVP.  B's win 6 straight on the road, and Thomas plays 2 games. Pretty essential I guess. TT is such a beneficiary of the B's system its not funny.  Everyone loves his story and he gets a lot of mileage out of it though.  And he's been resting on those "numbers" for quite a while, lately. MVP? Ridiculous.  Can you imagine taking Thomas rather than Toews, the Sedins, Stamkos, even Kiprosoff or Price, whose teams would be out of the playoffs without them? TT continues to be the single most overrated player in the National Hockey League.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

BINGO!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]TT will likely win the Vezina but doesnt deserve it.  Its interesting that Bruins goalies have been at the top or near the top in GAA and S% every year in recent years... which goes to Claude's system more than anything.  Price, Renne, Crawford, Kiprosoff and others have been better than Thomas this year, but it's easy to not look at things any closer than numbers. Not close in MVP.  B's win 6 straight on the road, and Thomas plays 2 games. Pretty essential I guess. TT is such a beneficiary of the B's system its not funny.  Everyone loves his story and he gets a lot of mileage out of it though.  And he's been resting on those "numbers" for quite a while, lately. MVP? Ridiculous.  Can you imagine taking Thomas rather than Toews, the Sedins, Stamkos, even Kiprosoff or Price, whose teams would be out of the playoffs without them? TT continues to be the single most overrated player in the National Hockey League.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

That was a well thought out post. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price or TT for MVP&Vezina : That was a well thought out post. 
    Well, aside from the implication that the voters take 'story' into consideration when choosing regular season awards, rather than, you know, actual performance during the season.

The funny thing is, there are also posters (that seem sane) that think that the Bruins' defense is overrated, and the only reason the team leads the league in goals-against is Thomas.

The truth?  Likely somewhere in between.  Thomas is having a great season, and the defense is helping him keep it that way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

so i guess clode is in line for another adams- it's his system that produces the best goalies on earth! if overrated = best gaa and save pct in the league(that includes price,kipper,crawford,rinne)...then TT is overrated. how do you compare skaters with goalies? and where is the crystal ball that lets us know how a team fairs w/o their best player? the facts get in the way of the argument here

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price or TT for MVP&Vezina : I think TT's headed straight for the Vezina but I don't think the Hart will go to a goalie. I think it'll probably go the Stamkos.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    Stamkos has been struggling as of late. I don't think he is top 3 contender right now. 1. Thomas. 2. Sedin. 3. Sedin/Price.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo,

I think thats how it will play out as well but Toews is making a late charge as well.  The only argument I was wanting point out is that people called me everything but a white man for considering Price as the MVP and Vezina.  I think what Price is doing in Montreal considering everything has been through is very MVP like.  I think his season is more impressive than TT or either of the Gazoo twins.  H. Sedin did it without his brother for a big chunk last year.  But I would argue that Kelser is having a better year and doesnt have a twin Kelser to play with. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe...lay down the pipe

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk,

why b/c I think the hated habs fan have a mvp candidate and that I stated it at the mid point and was ripped apart. 

if you wanna add something constructive feel free. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ok...read my previous posts! i'm positive you haven't

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The truth?  Likely somewhere in between.  Thomas is having a great season, and the defense is helping him keep it that way."

Slightly towards Thomas take him away from this version of the Bruins and they would be struggling to make the playoffs. TT has been there for Boston in some games Siedenberg and Ryder weren't there for Tim errant pass in OT against Pittsburgh.

You can take Stamkos, one of the Sedin's (not both) and Toews off their teams they'd still make the playoffs. You can't take Thomas, Price or Kiprosoff of their teams they'd lose in big chunks.

"And he's been resting on those "numbers" for quite a while"

Thomas made those numbers they weren't given to him. TT also just beat two of your MVPs on the road in Vancouver and Calgary were the Bruins defense let him down time n time again. That's two Vezinas now cow poke!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Unless he has an epic collapse, the Vezina is Thomas' award to lose.

MVP wont be Thomas, nor will it be Price, but both guys absolutely belong in the argument

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk,

Credibility issues drop when you tell someone to put the pipe down.  Wouldn't you agree.  Yes I read your posts.  In fact I agree with most.  But to ignore what Price is doing in the most unfriendly hockey market on earth is pretty amazing and in my eyes deserves it more than TT who has the 5th best offense and the top rated defense in the league(by stats-for a team stat).  If Price had the same team in front of him I am not sure he would have the same numbers but the fact is that Gorges/Markov and now Spacek are out.  PK was brutal to start the year.  Mike C was out along with a bunch of there better players and Price still has very very good stats.  Are they better than TT? No.  Should they be in the same breath for Vezina and MVP?  Yes.

Now tell me why that makes me a pot smoking idiot?  Do you not think he will be in the running for Vezina or MVP.  You were likely one of the ones laughing when I suggested it way back when. 
    Price has earned his stripes the hard way and is having a MVP Cal. year.  I still say TT wins both.  And said that pretty much from the start.  But its not a landslide.  

Many others agreed with my statements.  But in your eyes I am on the pipe. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

You could make the Price argument for MVP just as you can for Miller, Lundqwist, Fleury and other goalies. The reason goalies don't really factor in the MVP discussion is this - Of course they are the most valuable, a bad goalie can sink a team, a bad forward can be shuffled to the back of a the line.

Sure, Price has played well this year but there have been countless games that Thomas single-handedly won. I haven't watched Price a whole lot but from highlights, there were only a few games about a month back where he threw the team on his back. As I said, I could be wrong as I don't watch every Habs game but that's not the picture I get. If Montreal was 1st in the league or even in the division, I would say maybe but the stats don't lie.

Thomas wins games and is the best goalie this year. There are many people that laud Price's play and say he could win the Vezina but then quickly follow with - "But there is no doubt that Thomas will win the Vezina". If Thomas wasn't a better goalie this year, there would be a discussion instead of people ending it before it began.

Thomas is playing out of his mind this year despite how many people hate his non-butterfly style.

Sections
Shortcuts