Price or TT for MVP&Vezina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Price or TT for MVP&Vezina

i agree price has very good stats...but what does that make TT's stats! i repeat #2 and #10 are closer in the stats than #1 and #2 are. TT's numbers (gaa and save pct) THE 2 stats compared when comparing goalies, are unapproachable. so the vezina(barring a total collpse) is not even close. now explain to me again how the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best goalie in the league is the mvp(of the league-NOT HIS TEAM)? doesn't make sense- hence the "put down..."- and btw put down the pipe= your nuts... it should not be taken as offensive or raise credibility issues- sorry if it did   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I disagree that TT has won countless games for the B's. He is having a great year no doubt but I feel that Rask had a rough start but could have gotten on track. The Bruins offense is second in the east so the wins that Thomas is solely responsible for are a handful at most. I'm hoping last game was his worst for the year. And no matter what he did not have a good game Saturday night. He always gives me anxiety when handling the puck behind or aside of the net. Rask better be ready just in case!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Shupe - part of the B's D being ranked so high is Thomas' stellar ability to keep the dang puck out of his net.

You can spin things any way you want but Price is NOT playing on the same level as Thomas this year and will not win the vezina. The numbers aren't really as close as you seem to think and TT has been more consistent IMO. In fact, if the season ended today you could make a good case for a few other goalies to fall between TT and Price in the vezina voting. Quick, in LA for example.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Price is not going to win either. While he has had a solid year his "greatness" is a construction of the Monteral media in my opinion. Good season for him but not great and certainly not near Thomas.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Price or TT for MVP&Vezina:
    [QUOTE]callo, I think thats how it will play out as well but Toews is making a late charge as well.  The only argument I was wanting point out is that people called me everything but a white man for considering Price as the MVP and Vezina.  I think what Price is doing in Montreal considering everything has been through is very MVP like.  I think his season is more impressive than TT or either of the Gazoo twins.  H. Sedin did it without his brother for a big chunk last year.  But I would argue that Kelser is having a better year and doesnt have a twin Kelser to play with. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Hey Shupe, been a while.

There are some things that factor into MVP considerations, that can result in the most valuable player not receiving the MVP award.

For example: it's very difficult to win the MVP if you are on a team that does not make the playoffs.  It's very possible to be the most valuable player in the league and not make the playoffs, and when this happens, the MVP reciepient is probably NOT going to be the actual most valuable player.  Just ask Joe Mauer about this (different sport I know, but concept still applies).

It's also very difficult to win the MVP award when you dont have the best stats among your peers.  Which is the case w/ Carey.

I think you can make a case for Carey as the most valuable player, but I do not think you can make the case for him to receive the MVP award.  I think that Thomas' considerably better stats disqualify Price.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Price or TT for MVP&Vezina:
    [QUOTE]and btw put down the pipe= your nuts... it should not be taken as offensive
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I'm cracking up over here.  You told a COP to  "put down the pipe".  Of course he is going to be taking that offensively, haha.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Price or TT for MVP&Vezina:
    [QUOTE]It wasnt so long ago that I was laughed off the board with my remark that Price should be considered for the MVP and Vezina.  But taking everything into play.  HONESTLY.  Who is more valuable to their team than Price.  Check the stat line between the two.  Look at all the injuries to Montreal defense.  As much as I hate to admit I am right. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]I remember, because I was one of the ones laughing at your post. I recall your comments where made after Price had an average 3 or 4 weeks of goaltending.

With that being said, hats off to you. It appears you seen things in his play many others including myself missed. 
    Other than those few weeks or so back in dec. he has been better than good.

TT for vezina (barring injury or decline in his play). 
    Price should be a candidate for MVP (barring injury or decline in his play) although I believe he will fall a little short.

------------------------------------
    Just because you cannot admit you are wrong, doesn't make you right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe's a COP! well... i'm a astronaut- either way one should know when to put the...-really ? this is offensive?  what's offensive is mentioning prices' name in the same breath as TT- that's credibility lost!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Shupe. I know how you feel. I said during the off season how I felt sorry for Price & that I didn't feel it was right; how he was put under the pressure of being the savoir of arguably the most decorated franchise in pro sports!
    I think as it stands right now the Vezina candidates will be Thomas, Lundqvist & Price. I think the losses that Lund & Price have will be difference maker. Also, the fact that TT has kept his GAA below 2 for what's up on 3/4 of the season. His SP has never hit below the .930 all season. TT's consistency is what will make him the winner. I also think that's why he'll also get more Hart & Pearson votes. Price has been consistent pretty much for most of the year, but NOT AS CONSISTENT. I do think that Price is the MVP if TT didn't play lights out.

The only thing that I don't like about this thread Shupe is the fact it's you saying it. You've never been a TT fan & for you to agree with Soxfan & anything he says is troublesome. That guy is just a straight out TT hater. Not saying you are, but you're not a big supporter either. You look for ways to take things away from him whenever the opportunity presents itself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

You know Thomas is the Vezina winner when you have to justify any other pick over him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

tt is a lock for the vezina and that is one of the main reasons price won't win MVP. you can't win MVP if you are not the best at your position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

nrguy's right - the reason goalies don't usually get considered for the Hart is that they are de facto the most important players - they play all 60 min. and can bail out a terrible effort or sabotage a stellar effort by 18 other guys.  The right goalie can be the rising tide that raises all ships or the black hole into which all hope disappears.  You have to do something downright sick to be considered for the Hart as a goalie - like have a modern era record save% and gaa.  Which is where Thomas is headed.

You can't really make the case that Thomas is a product of the system and Price is a lone cowboy.  Ever see a Jacques Martin coached team?  Martin got his teams to the top of the league year in and year out in Ottawa despite a suicide row of coach killing netminders.  His system made Lalime look good.  His system meant a big contract for the backups they dealt away (like Janne Hurme and Martin Prusek) who couldn't duplicate their success under Martin.  He's a good coach who finds ways to use the players he has at his disposal.  And like our potato-headed friend, no one likes him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nite-

The only thing i disagree with in your last post is me being a TT fan.  I actually incourage you to look at last year when Rask took over.  I pleaded for them to use TT in the playoffs even if it were a change of pace game against the Flyers.

I am actually a strong supporter of TT and believe his numbers have been fantastic.  I just believe that TT could not have pulled the same trick in Montreal with the weight of the world on his shoulders.  Price has the most wins among all goalies on a team that to be honest is very avg and also didnt have its top 2 dmen for most of the year.  They have a mix and match d-unit.

adk-  I am a cop.  your remark didnt bother me.  I did know what it meant and actually laughed b/c you likely didnt know what I did.  Support82(Hells Angels) and I have had some good laughs as well.   I also indicated that we agree on everything related to TT.  I just think that stats can be very misleading and that no one player has been more valuable to their own team than Price. 

He has had a great year in a pressure cooker.  TT was the backup at the start of the year with no pressure and has a team in front of him that has balance, the best shut down dman in the league and a coach who plays perfectly into a goalies wants. 

Hey Drew-  where have you been anyway?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Both having great years, I'd give TT a slight edge but can't discount the number of injuries to Price's defense corps.
    Throw in the fact that goaltender in Montreal is THE single most pressure position in ALL of sports he get even more props but I have seen EVERY game played by both this year and while bith a a little down stretch Prices was a little longer, should be interesting the rest of the way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"And like our potato-headed friend, no one likes him."

Ha ahh post of the thread!