Price's interview after last nights game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Price's interview after last nights game.

In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : I don't blame Price for the name Montreal spectators gave him. I just don't see arrogance in Price at all. He seems pretty humble IMO.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    Callo,like I said,he had quite a swagger when he burst onto the scene.The way last few years transpired has definitely had a humbling effect on him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : Callo,like I said,he had quite a swagger when he burst onto the scene.The way last few years transpired has definitely had a humbling effect on him.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Dez, I meant to add I saw the cockiness when he first came up. That experience humbled him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : Callo,like I said,he had quite a swagger when he burst onto the scene.The way last few years transpired has definitely had a humbling effect on him.
    One only has to look at his record at home in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

he'll eventually be traded /run out of the city as montreal doesn't have the infrastructure in place to compete for the cup - the fans and city wont tolerate it and will be calling for his departure - he'll win the cup in a different city and vezina in a different city as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]he'll eventually be traded /run out of the city as montreal doesn't have the infrastructure in place to compete for the cup - the fans and city wont tolerate it and will be calling for his departure - he'll win the cup in a different city and vezina in a different city as well.
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

As long as the Habs don't leave him out there is a 6-0 slaughter, I don't see how he leaves Montreal for the rest of his career. Pretty sure the Habs spend to the cap and have a rabid fan base that keeps the money flowing. Bs will be seeing a lot of Price for at least the next 10 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : Like I said TTBI,if you watch him closely,you'll notice the slew foot is his preferred method of clearing the front of the net. I don't know how he keeps getting away with it.

Forgive my ignorance on the term--when you say 'slew foot', do you mean he's sweeping guys' legs away with his own in a tripping motion? If so, I would hope the refs start clamping down...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]I find him overrated.  He played very good last night, but he seems mentally fragile to me. I don't know what it is, but when he was benched for Halak last year after all the hype we've heard about him...I don't know. He's good, but overrated.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Don't agree with this.  He's young and still trying to find his game at the NHL level, not overrated.  He's going to be a top-notch goaltender in the NHL in the very near future..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : Like I said TTBI,if you watch him closely,you'll notice the slew foot is his preferred method of clearing the front of the net. I don't know how he keeps getting away with it.

Anyway Kelly was very upset by it and the CBC guys saw it also.  It was kind of made public that Subban got away with a slew foot.
    In game3 before Kostinsyn scored he slew foot a Bruin along the boards and got away with it also. 
    Let me tell you that a slew foot is one of the dirtiest play in hockey.  It's also a form of agitating. 
    When I've gotten slew footed (sounds funny) it was always from a player smaller than me. Small guys like to use this method to bring the opposing player down and it's the sneakiest way to do it.  I get enraged !
    Not saying Subban is small here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : Anyway Kelly was very upset by it and the CBC guys saw it also.  It was kind of made public that Subban got away with a slew foot. In game3 before Kostinsyn scored he slew foot a Bruin along the boards and got away with it also.  Let me tell you that a slew foot is one of the dirtiest play in hockey.  It's also a form of agitating.  When I've gotten slew footed (sounds funny) it was always from a player smaller than me. Small guys like to use this method to bring the opposing player down and it's the sneakiest way to do it.  I get enraged ! Not saying Subban is small here.

Please to describe exactly what "slew foot" is....
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Price is not winking his eye and subban not on the bench laughing his head off. Looks good

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. :
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

When you have your back turned and from behind the opposing player swoops in a kicking motion the skates from under you.   Usually you usually you fall straight on your a_ss. 
    Last seaosn one of Lucic's skates got stuck and he got a high ankle sprain on a slew foot from Wild defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : When you have your back turned and from behind the opposing player swoops in a kicking motion the skates from under you.   Usually you usually you fall straight on your a_ss.  Last seaosn one of Lucic's skates got stuck and he got a high ankle sprain on a slew foot from Wild defense.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's pretty much what I thought it was, tho' not necessarily done while the player's back is turned. Sounds almost as bad as a purposeful knee-on-knee open ice hit (but not quite as bad as a Matt Cooke flying elbow to the head.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

You have to like him. In the fight with Thomas he could have cleaned Thomas's clock when he got him in a vulnerable position but he let up. I'd love him on the B's. If Price blows the next one I'm all for a Rask for Price swap if we could pull that off!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Price's interview after last nights game. : I agree.  The guy has been under the microscope every second.  He plays well, and considering his off ice demeanor, it's tough to dislike him.  When asked about the Ference finger, he said it was funny.  Really tough to hate him!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I also agree with this.  Price looks pretty cool out there.  The 2 goals that got by him were a bit on the lucky side, Marchand got an open net and the puck dropped right on Horton's stick for the other open net.  Price was very good, Thomas was better.

Thomas, was the story in Game 5 though.  He's a guesser,  but when he's guessing right he's the best.  A bit lucky in a couple of instances, but you have to be good to be lucky.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]You have to like him. In the fight with Thomas he could have cleaned Thomas's clock when he got him in a vulnerable position but he let up. I'd love him on the B's. If Price blows the next one I'm all for a Rask for Price swap if we could pull that off!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's any real chance of that happening...beyond Price the Habs don't have much for net options and I think Rask has raised some doubt in the minds of many based on his limited starts this year. (Altho' I think he'll be fine, and should be the Bruins' goalie for the future.)

Price is a top-notch goalie--and clearly the Habs think so or they wouldn't have let Halak go.

Sections
Shortcuts