Problem with Ticketmaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Problem with Ticketmaster

I bought 3 games in Worcester to see Providence play.

I bought them in September requesting best seats available.

Much to my surprise, even tho I bought them days apart, I got EXACTLY the same seats for each of the 3 games.

Yes, the seats are at center ice.

But the seats suck, suck bad.

There is a huge metal railing right in front of the seats.  I left the game after the 2nd period tonight to go home and watch the Leafs, I couldn't see because they are obstructed view seats.

What's the best way of getting my money back on this?

It's pretty ridiculous that these weren't marked as obstructed view - and sold as "best seats available"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Problem with Ticketmaster

You get too pick your seats with StubHub. I refuse to buy anything from Ticketmaster, you will never get your money back from those bleepty beep Commies!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You get too pick your seats with StubHub. I refuse to buy anything from Ticketmaster, you will never get your money back from those bleepty beep Commies!

Pearl Jam had it right all those years ago.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Ugh.  Awful.  There's no way I'm going to sit in those seats again.

This is outright robbery to sell those seats like they are normal seats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Ugh.  Awful.  There's no way I'm going to sit in those seats again.

This is outright robbery to sell those seats like they are normal seats.

I would try the box office first too see if they will switch them...otherwise sell them out font before the game then buy new ones.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

That place can't possibly sell out, just move to another seat.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.  Call the Providence Bruins.  AHL teams are all about the fans. 

2.  Going off Hang's statement, why didn't you move to a different seat?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Call the Providence Bruins.  AHL teams are all about the fans. 

2.  Going off Hang's statement, why didn't you move to a different seat?

We did, but we had to keep moving as people were showing up for their seats.  We were at center ice - and the seats all around us were full.  This was Worcester and they remodeled the place so now there is a upper bowl.  They had a curtain down on all of it except for the first 4 rows - where our seats were.  So we would have had to move to a completely different section.

There was one cool thing about our seats that was worth hanging around for, the official scorers were behind us.  There were 7 or nine of them.  One guy kept track of when guys got on the ice and said that out loud using their numbers, like 24 25 and 22 on the ice.  Shot 27.  Hit 28.  They were only doing the Providence players.

I've been on hold with ticketmaster support for about 20 minutes now.

I'll never get my money back for the game last night, but reading their policies I should be able to change my seats for the games in December.

Stay tuned.  Their on hold music isn't horrible.

OK, happy ending.  Kind of.  Ticketmaster will let you upgrade your seats, so I took that option.  It was a whopping $7 more per ticket.  I can live with that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

OK, happy ending.  Kind of.  Ticketmaster will let you upgrade your seats, so I took that option.  It was a whopping $7 more per ticket.  I can live with that.

So they up-saled you? That rep deserves a raise!!

Yeah, JM.  Bhab got hosed on the first tickets so he calls to complain and when the call ends, he's out more money.

Nice job by the TSR.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

He's in the upper deck now, but if he calls back after the next game, they'll move him back to the obstructed view seats for the last game (for a small fee).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You been hoodwinked!

Wait a second.  This is about a railing?  That's not obstructed seating, BHab.  You're just too short.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I bought tickets to 2 Bruins games for this coming March. The first set of tickets was from Stubhub, the second set was from Ticketmaster. I had no problems with the seating with Ticketmaster as I was able to choose my own seats using the seating map. The problem was that they mailed them to the wrong address. Luckily for me, my neighbour about 6 doors down from me brought them to my house as they ended up in his mailbox. How they did that is beyond me.

There were no other seats at center ice except for the ones behind the railing in that same section.

Anything but having to eat those tickets works for me.

• Sections
    Shortcuts