Pronger does the reverse ‘Avery’, goal called back (3 videos)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pronger does the reverse ‘Avery’, goal called back (3 videos)

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2010/11/27/pronger-does-the-reverse-avery-goal-called-back-3-videos-avalanche-rumors/

Pronger "The puck went into the net that's all that matters" "I'm not going to get into the he said she said"  Well said Chris well said...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

Re: Pronger does the reverse ‘Avery’, goal called back (3 videos)

4393 posts... Really???

Get some fresh air pal... Thats sad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Pronger does the reverse ‘Avery’, goal called back (3 videos):
    [QUOTE]4393 posts... Really??? Get some fresh air pal... Thats sad
    Posted by MDsizzel[/QUOTE]

The poster above travels all over the world.  How is the basement?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

In Response to Re: Pronger does the reverse ‘Avery’, goal called back (3 videos):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pronger does the reverse ‘Avery’, goal called back (3 videos) : The poster above travels all over the world.  How is the basement?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

"Travels all over the world" Huh? Why because he says he does? He spends every waking moment of the day on this board so I doubt he gets out of his house much let alone traveling the world lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pronger does the reverse ‘Avery’, goal called back (3 videos) : The poster above travels all over the world.  How is the basement?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Thanks Isla but don't bother the Gainey jammies wearing troll will have her posts taken down Monday afternoon that's why she starts posting on Friday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Lol thats pretty funny interview.

Reporter: "What were you using your hand to do?"

Pronger: "Whats that matter to you HUH! Puck went in the net"

Reporter: *Squlks away*

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I don't get it. The Habs are playing well. They're near the top of the standings. What better time to hang out with your Hab friends and enjoy life over a vin chaude or a nice glass of Cognac?

What's that? No friends? That explains a lot ;-P

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Bad call by the ref! Didn't come anywhere near what Avery was doing. Looked to me that Pronger was doing exactly what he said. Telling people where to go, or where the puck should go. I also noticed that the Philly coach wasn't afraid to put his biggest guy from defence to the front of the net on the PP. Hey Claude, you watching this? Did you see if the refs didn't blow the call, the Flyers would've won another one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

What I dont understand is why the ref didnt raise his arm right after he saw pronger do it. He waited until richards scored to raise his arm? Blown call

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It is illegal in the spirit of the Avery Rule.  Yes, the rule states that the skater is facing the netminder, but overall, it's the idea of using your hands/arms to directly block the vision of the goaltender.  No dang way was Pronger directing traffic.

As for it not being called right away, the official might not have wanted to make the call, but opt for a warning instead.  To his dismay, the puck went into the net, so he had no choice.

I like the rule.  It's about sportsmanship.  It is too bad that it is needed, and everyone (Avery and Pronger) can't play by all of the unwritten rules.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Once again a shoe in for "cross checker of the year" .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It is illegal in the spirit of the Avery Rule.  Yes, the rule states that the skater is facing the netminder, but overall, it's the idea of using your hands/arms to directly block the vision of the goaltender.  No dang way was Pronger directing traffic. As for it not being called right away, the official might not have wanted to make the call, but opt for a warning instead.  To his dismay, the puck went into the net, so he had no choice. I like the rule.  It's about sportsmanship.  It is too bad that it is needed, and everyone (Avery and Pronger) can't play by all of the unwritten rules.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    That Pronger is quite a class act.His attitude is one more reason I don't like him as a player.Stealing the game puck in the playoffs was another low class move.Juvenile and unsportsmanlike and then he's got the nerve to be cocky after.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Two completely different things. Avery was doing it 20 seconds or more. As a goalie I actually thought what Avery did was ingenius. I loathe the idiot, but what he did there was absolutley Roger Neilson. Also, to use your own words NAS. How do you know what Pronger was thinking? Do you have telepathy? This is just a case of you not liking Pronger rather than the action that took place. Two seconds to make the call is too long. Either you call it, or don't! He choose to call it because it was Pronger & the puck went in! There's no such thing as I'm only going to call this if a goal is scored! That's not the way it's supposed to work. A penalty is a penalty. Good call, bad call. Pondering & waiting for something else to happen first is not the way to referee. It's not the call that was made the issue. It was the delay. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad the Flyers didn't get the extra point, but I don't like terrible refereeing & this is a classic example of it! If your first instinct is to call a penalty, then call it. It's like anything else. They say 80% of the time that you have two choices to make at a certain moment it's the first choice that ends up being correct. This is also the reason so many players embelish trips & sticks that hit them in the face. They know the refs will mostly go with their first choice. Bad call because of the delay factor.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nas likes Pronger so you're way off on that one.He and I have recently  debated about him as i can't stand him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think the problem lies in how it was called... as a ref (and a former goalie) I'm pretty familiar with procedure around the crease.  This play reminds me of when  a goal is called back because there's a man in the crease... the whistle should be blown when the offensive team has the puck and the man is in the crease- NOT when the puck goes in and you decide to call the play back, unless it all happened so quickly.

Obviously not the case with Pronger- his play is actually called as a penalty, meaning if the referee really believed the play was an infraction, he has to raise his arm before the puck goes in, to be able to call the play back, unless the outside ref saw something he felt the ref on the goal line missed and they conferred after the goal.  It doesnt make sense to say "I was going to give a warning, but because the puck went in I decided to call the goal back."  Poor mechanics and procedure and asking for an argument.

That said, as much as Id like Pronger protecting my goaltender, he is such a classless punk in those post game interviews I really think he embarrasses himself and he makes you glad the call went against him.

Also, given the spirit of the Avery rule I think the correct call was made, just poorly done.  However, I absolutely hate the Avery rule. In my day (old, dinosaur goalie here) we would shove players in the crease area, fighting for position, and forwards would do whatever they could to distract you within reason.  Now a player with his back to the goalie puts his hand up to distract the goalie, without a stick in it, and its a PENALTY?  C'mon, the pussification of the league continues.  They all will be wearing dresses in 10 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In football, it's called "face guarding".  Backs cannot block the vision of the receivers.  Standing in front of the crease and blocking the vision with the body is simply hockey.  Putting hands in front of the goaltender's eyes is not.

If the idea continued to be implemented, at some point a forward would probably drop his stick and use both hands to block the vision of the goaltender.

This is a good rule.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Shhoot! My bad NAS! I thought it was me & someone else on the same side against you about Pronger. It was you & I against........I can't remember. I tried going back to see who exactly, but I can't find it. My apologies. Now please excuse me while I get a pry bar to take my feet out of my mouth. I deleted the post.

Sections
Shortcuts