Pronger done for the year!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Pronger done for the year!!!!

WOW!!!

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/chris-pronger-out-for-season-with-severe-post-concussion-syndrome.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Pronger done for the year!!!!

In Response to Pronger done for the year!!!!:
    [QUOTE]WOW!!! http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/chris-pronger-out-for-season-with-severe-post-concussion-syndrome.html
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Saw Nick Kypreos on RogersSportsNet earlier.  He said the whack to the eye area Pronger took from the Leafs' Grabovski may have been the starting point as it was akin to getting hit in the head with a baseball bat.  Subsequent jolts he suffered after returning might have contributed to a cumulative affect

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wow, at 37 you have to wonder if this is the end of the line for him.  What a blow to the Flyers, compounded by the uncertainty surrounding Giroux.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Taking a look at many of these concussions they don't at first appear like significant blows to the head.Crosby and Pronger both reurned to play relatively soon, are these being missed simlpy because they aren't knockout head shots?,like Bergeron suffered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Pronger certainly played with an edge to his game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Pronger done for the year!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....:)
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

This post is pretty much in bad form, especially given what the B's have experienced with Savard and Bergeron.  I hope you are not actually happy that the guy is dealing with this, are you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pronger done for the year!!!! : This post is pretty much in bad form, especially given what the B's have experienced with Savard and Bergeron.  I hope you are not actually happy that the guy is dealing with this, are you?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

i certainly understand where both of you are coming from. Pronger has been a jerk his entire career, and has been a dirty player at times. However wishing post concussion symptoms on someone is a little over the line

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

All of these injuries to the Flyers, yet they continue to win. I'm hoping they slide down the standings, but sure doesn't look that way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....:)
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    You're a jerk-0FF bud!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pronger done for the year!!!! : You're a jerk-0FF bud!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

calm down, jaywall is alright. Just a bad joke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Wow, this is a huge blow to the Flyers. Absolutely huge. As far as those saying he deserved it well... yeah he probably did.  There are lots on here that would celebrate if Matt Cooke was done due to a head trauma. If you poll the NHL players as to the dirtiest player, it's not Cooke that comes out on top, it's Pronger. He is dirty, his peers know it, and he has caused plenty of concussions himself.  Also, the comment that maybe a couple players have come back too soon because they weren't knocked out- I think there may be truth to that. Pronger took a bad blow to the eye a while back, maybe that was the start of the problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Love him or hate him.  He is a great warrior.  I personally love his game.  HOF career for sure.  Old school Scotty Stevens type player. 
    I hope its not the end but I gotta feeling it will be. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]All of these injuries to the Flyers, yet they continue to win. I'm hoping they slide down the standings, but sure doesn't look that way.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Yes, in spite of one sided refereeing at the Bell Centre tonite .. what else is new.. Flyers showed they have character and continue to win despite losing their top two players.. got to hand it to them, they aren't feeling sorry for themselves.. You have to be impressed with Jagr.. guy can still move and handle puck very well.. shades of old times with Pittsburgh..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

More like Pronger Done For Career!

And good ridence, the dirty hack.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, Jagr is playing great. Nuts like Dezaruchi said he was washed up. I love when people who claim to be geniuses eat crow as Dez does so often. Props to Jaromir, he's an awesome player, one of the tops of all time. To think Pitt had him, Lemieux, and now (and hopefully for a long while) Crosby. What a legacy of talent! While the Bs boast the best lineage of defense ever (Shore to Orr to Park to Bourque to Big Z) the Guins are up there with three of the best forwards ever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pronger done for the year!!!! : Yes, in spite of one sided refereeing at the Bell Centre tonite .. what else is new.. Flyers showed they have character and continue to win despite losing their top two players.. got to hand it to them, they aren't feeling sorry for themselves.. You have to be impressed with Jagr.. guy can still move and handle puck very well.. shades of old times with Pittsburgh..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    No kidding, 9pp's for the Habs and they still couldn't win. Even with Kaberle's beautiful one time passes to set up P.K. The game even came with the sure as death and taxes penalty with 2 minutes to go against the Flyers to give the Habs a chance to tie it up. Didn't happen though.(;

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The refs always come to the aid of the Habs. I always said NHL refs are worst, most biased in sports. Tonight was a perfect example. Glad the Flyers held on and won, much as I despise them (but not as much as I despise the Habitants!)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pronger done for the year!!!! : This post is pretty much in bad form, especially given what the B's have experienced with Savard and Bergeron.  I hope you are not actually happy that the guy is dealing with this, are you?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    I can see where both of you guys are coming from. Pronger is 1 of my least favourite players yet I don't like seeing anyone's career cut short by injury ( unless it's Matt Cooke. I hate the guy).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This sucks for my fantasy team guess I should just cut bait and put him on waivers can't imagine he would be worth holding onto and hoping he would return next year. I agree with you all he was a dirty player but I gota admit for some reason I always would have loved to see him play for us. The year we lost to the cains in 7 I remember the rumors were floating around he was availible at the deadline at the time I wanted like heck for us to land him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pronger done for the year!!!! : Yes, in spite of one sided refereeing at the Bell Centre tonite.. what else is new.. Flyers showed they have character and continue to win despite losing their top two players.. got to hand it to them, they aren't feeling sorry for themselves.. You have to be impressed with Jagr.. guy can still move and handle puck very well.. shades of old times with Pittsburgh..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

1 for 9 on PP last night the Habs and I thought Kaberle would have at least made them a 50% team on the PP. For the record maybe 2 of those nine PP were not deserved.  1 assist for Kabs again last night.
    Hab fans were very excited last with the news of Pronger not being in the lineup.  I think the media in Montreal were the first to jump on Pronger being done for the season. 
    Oh yeah and they were happy also Giroux was not in the lineup.
    Philly never quit and even being down 5 on 3 for I think 4mins towards the end of 1st. Shades of the Bruins - Canes game .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

He's dirty enough to where ya know what? Maybe karma is getting him for some dirty stuff that he's done.
    I certainly don't wish any long-term effects on the guy, particularly on his head. Here's to wishing a healthy life for the guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Correct me if Im wrong here but Pronger would have to be on the LTIR for Philly to get the cap relief. If he retires the Flyers are on the hook cap-wise for the rest of the deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I don't believe so.....if he's not on the active roster, they're free from his cap hit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He's got a 35+ contract.  That doesn't clear for anything - they could only get relief with him on IR.

If he never plays again, they will likely keep his cap hit no matter what.  The only way that changes is if the CBA gets altered during the next round of negotiations.

Sections
Shortcuts