Propects prospects at Mermorial cup... Huberdeau and Beaulieu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Propects prospects at Mermorial cup... Huberdeau and Beaulieu

Just to change the air in here a little.  Tomorrow it's full force for game3.

The 2 shined tonight in the win for the Seadogs but especially Huberdeau.
    This guy is top 3 prospect coming this drfat.  If he continues to shine will make it difficult for a team not to take him 1st overall.
    Young but already playing like a veteran among boys.

Now Nathan Beaulieu , comes from a hockey family and entourage.  Definition of a PMD at it's best.  We can only dream he going 9th.
    If this team continues to shine in the Memorial Cup , this kids value will continue to rise .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Propects prospects... Huberdeau and Beaulieu

Just saw the replays and again Huderdeau was clutch.
    Beaulieu seemed quiet on the score sheet.  Good, have him stay under the radar. 
    We can only dream his available when the Bruins pick (thanks you Kessel) comes around. 

That pick will only solidify the Bruins and maybe multi year finals ... hey Stanley ??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I've watched the Sea Dogs here at home all year.  Huberdeau and Beaulieu have grown in front of me immensely over the past 2 seasons.    Of course the jump from the Q to the NHL is a big one, but I really don't see any reason why all of Huberdeau, Galiev, Beaulieu and Despres won't make NHL rosters over the next year or three.   

In what I think is the second tier group you have Phillps and Jurco, each of which could be drafted higher than Galiev was drafted the previous year.   If you want to see some great talent, check out the following. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jg7tHyKgiE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Propects prospects... Huberdeau and Beaulieu:
    Just to change the air in here a little.  Tomorrow it's full force for game3. The 2 shined tonight in the win for the Seadogs but especially Huberdeau. This guy is top 3 prospect coming this drfat.  If he continues to shine will make it difficult for a team not to take him 1st overall. Young but already playing like a veteran among boys. Now Nathan Beaulieu , comes from a hockey family and entourage.  Definition of a PMD at it's best.  We can only dream he going 9th. If this team continues to shine in the Memorial Cup , this kids value will continue to rise .
    Posted by BsLegion

There is no way we are going to get one of the two at number 9....I would love to get Dougie Hamlton or Nathan Beaulieu but unless PC makes a move to climb from 9 to 5 we wont be in the race for those 2 players ...I would sign Kaberle at $2MM fro 2 years an give him with our number 9pick to the Islanders or Ottawa to move up in the draft

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In Response to Re: Propects prospects... Huberdeau and Beaulieu:
    In Response to Propects prospects... Huberdeau and Beaulieu : I would sign Kaberle at $2MM fro 2 years an give him with our number 9pick to the Islanders or Ottawa to move up in the draft
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Really?   You really think a pending UFA is going to sign a new contract only be traded off before the draft to another team?   Has that ever happened before?  

Not to mention that he's making over 4M this year.   He isn't going to be resigning for 2M.    Especially not without testing the free agent market first!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

As far as the draft is concerned, I think we'll be looking at either Beaulieu or Hamilton at the #9 spot. I'd kill to have Ryan Murphy, but he'll be gone before pick 7 or so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

As far as the draft is concerned, I think we'll be looking at either Beaulieu or Hamilton at the #9 spot. I'd kill to have Ryan Murphy, but he'll be gone before pick 7 or so.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

Disagree. Ryan Murphy will be the Cam Fowler of this draft and fall. He has more downside risk than any of the top prospects.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by Hockguy0818

Among North American skaters Beaulieu is ranked 5th and can move up depending on how the Memorial Cup plays out .
    Murphy is ranked 9th.
    Keep in mind this among North American skaters and doesn't include the Europeans playing in Sweeden, Finland, Russia etc...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I bet we get our shot at murphy or beaulieu, just depends which of these guys is liked more by a few of the wild card teams ahead of us.  If they're both gone, we likely get a crack at strome, hamilton, or sean C in that scenario.

Either way, there seems to be 9 top guys (RNH, Larson, Gabriel L, huberdeau, hamilton, Sean C, Strome, Murphy, Beaulieu), I could get pretty excited about any of those 9 guys.  Seems like a deep draft year again, just a little less in terms of top few no brainers in taylor/tyler, after those 2, last year was similar to this year, where opinions vary greatly on who falls after RNH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

b's Legion, which report are u using?  Redline?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

b's Legion, which report are u using?  Redline?
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I think the Bruins priority should be defence, not offense.  With Jordan Caron, Tyler Seguin and Jamie Arniel ready to challenge for spots, we should fill eventual holes at D.   Ference, Kaberle, and Boychuk will likely not be Bruins in 2 years time.  No?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Take best player available, all should be better than Hamill, I hope.

4D in top 10 tho, chances are 44.4% we get a D.Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Tho Baloo is a Bear necessity!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Propects prospects at Mermorial cup... Huberdeau and Beaulieu

Not sure Beaulieu is unreasonable at 9 - and if he is, that means someone amongst Strome, Hamilton, Murphy, or Couturier will drop to the Bruins.  Could well be Couturier because (for what this is worth) I keep hearing talking heads and columnists talk about a lack of "upside" with him - that is, he may never be as good at the NHL level as he is in Jr.  Makes me think he'll be a Mike Peca, a Mike Ricci - some guy named Mike (not Bossy or Gartner).  Not a bad option at #9, but at #4 or #5?  Maybe underwhelming depending where you are in your rebuild.

Keep in mind, teams don't fall in love with guys at the big show the way we do as fans.  They usually have a pretty big book on these guys by the time they get to the Memorial Cup.  You'd have to have a bunch of guys almost equal in your rankings to decide to move Beaulieu up multiple spots just because played well in the tournament.  Huberdeau...that may be different because he's been crazy clutch and like Eberle and even Lucic, that's something that does romance teams.  I think he's #3 right now behing RNH and Larsson in terms of profile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think it is very likely that a good D will be available at 9.  I'm hoping for Murphy.  He may slip because of his relative small size.  As bigbad said though, it seems certain that a good player will be available at that pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

I heard the difference between pick 1 and pick 10 is very minimal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Bruins are going to trade the pick.  If Savy retires (likely) and they choose to let Ryder and Kaberle go (very possible), they will be able to to take on some salary.   The free agent market is BARE for defenseman (unless you want to overpay for Joni Pinkanen) and they only way to acquire a top 4 d-man is through trade.

I think that the Bruins would consider moving the #9 (from TOR), #40 (from MIN) and possibly 1 or 2 of their young forwards (Caron, Arniel, Jared Knight) for a young, stud d-man, such as Keith Yandle (who is about to get expensive for Phoenx).

Thoughts?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

lots of RFA but I dont think any will be available. I would think Bogosion or Yandle would be most likely considering the state of their teams but even still, not likely.  I like Hamilton over Beaulieu, Id give my left nut for Dougie but theres no way he'll be there at 9.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Take best player available, all should be better than Hamill, I hope. 4D in top 10 tho, chances are 44.4% we get a D. Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Make it Beaulieu I'll be happy but if it is Siemens I won't be disappointed. The gift that keeps on giving thanks Phat Phil!

Sections
Shortcuts