Prospect Review

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Prospect Review

Luedeke's latest review of Bruin prospects - the post-camp edition - is up at hockeyjournal.com.

http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/Bruins_preseason_prospects_rankings-_10-1

The lower seeds are there too.

Inevitably, this will kick off a familiar debate about the value of these rankings and Luedeke has the top two picks from this year's draft - 60 overall and 90 overall - in the team's top 10.  Arnesson and Cehlarik come in on either side of Khokhlachev at 8 and 10, and ahead of guys like Fraser, Griffith and Camara.  Fourth rounder Ryan Fitzgerald comes in ahead of Cunningham and Camper.  Lindblad and Fallstrom, who both had good camps from what I could tell, are in the 20s.

There's got to be some sort of math here where "prospect" status declines in relation to distance from draft year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Prospect Review

http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/Bruins_preseason_prospects_rankings-_20-11

That has to be it or math because Knight, KoKo and even Spooner haven't come close to what Fraser has done per game in the AHL. Luedeke's is poignant on why Matt gets a #11 but he doesn't explain why others might get a call up first.

One thing is for sure if you get labeled with "something" in camp and pre-season you'd better work on it quickly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yup!

Luedeke makes Fraser sound like Ryder.  Not a great skater, wicked shot, not always quick to deliver it.  If he can be Ryder, I'll take it!

Are you not entertained?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like the fact that he at least pulled out the over-25 yr. old guys in an attempt to make this more about prospect potential rather consider how far up the maturation ladder they are.  But, I am really puzzled by Cehlarik being ahead of Griffith and Camara.  

The only explanation would be that Cehlarik showed something really spectacular at camp or elsewhere, and Camara/Griffith showed something negative, and he doesn't really describe either.  It's odd.  I would think any GM would take Camara after the junior season he had, but maybe not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nobody skates worse than Ryder LoL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

What has happened to joe morrow? I dont remember seeing him in any of bostons pre season games nor can find him on providences or bostons rosters....hes vanished? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Luedeke is still "all in" on Jared Knight (#5) and Zach Trotman (#6), despite their injury issues.

Also surprised to see Camara so low on his list (#15) with a Jeff Odgers NHL comparison.  Ouch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I wish it were easier/possible to find his analysis from previous years.  I remember being able to do it at one point, and it was interesting to see how players rise and fall.

As for Morrow, that is odd.  Looking at theAHL.com though, no team has a roster listed.  I think they must be waiting for official rosters, or something.  In the player database they have, he's still listed as a Texas Star.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Mark Divver @MarkDivver 1 Oct

@AHLBruins down to 7 D, 13 F, 2 G. In net are Svedberg & Subban. D are Trotman, Warsofsky, Moore, Cross, Morrow, Youds, Casto

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Luedeke hasn't been real big on Camara yet. I like his game for the AHL, I think Camara will do well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Camara sounds like he's going to be a Paille type. Straight-line, solid finishing skills, gritty. I won't include the fighting part in terms of a players ability to play hockey. That's just who he sounds like. If we can get Paille with some ability to defend teammates, I'll take that any day of the week. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Mark Divver @MarkDivver 1 Oct

@AHLBruins down to 7 D, 13 F, 2 G. In net are Svedberg & Subban. D are Trotman, Warsofsky, Moore, Cross, Morrow, Youds, Casto

Looks like 8 D now for the P-Bruins, as Miller just cleared waivers per Dreger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm still kind of confused as to how Knight is listed as a top prospect, though. It's gotta be tough for a kid who, coming into his first pro season, missed almost every game. And in those games that he did play, he didn't produce. In missing almost a full year at age 20, you gotta wonder how much he lost as a player.

I've almost kind of moved on from him, to be honest. I'm not about to get my hopes up about him at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Why?  He had an injury that, from what we know, he's fully recovered from.  He's still 20, still plays the game with an effective combination of recklessness and skill.  Judging him because he missed time doesn't make any sense to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I'm still kind of confused as to how Knight is listed as a top prospect, though. And in those games that he did play, he didn't produce."

When he was in games he wasn't fully healthy last season. If you get a chance to see Knight in any games this season, when healthy, you would change your mind on his potential.

As far as passing Spooner, Fraser, Smith or even KoKo on the depth chart...no chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Nobody skates worse than Ryder LoL

John Scott?

Sections
Shortcuts