Prospect Sam Bennett Combine Failure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Prospect Sam Bennett Combine Failure

Sam Bennett fails to do a single pull-up at the NHL combine.  How embarrassing.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201406/top-nhl-prospect-cant-do-pull" rel="nofollow">http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201406/top-nhl-prospect-cant-do-pull

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/story/?id=453634

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Prospect Sam Bennett Combine Failure

If he's magic on the ice, this really doesn't make a difference, but as 17 year old male, it's pitiful.

When I was in high school (important note:  not now), I would do reps of 20.  Even now, with my aging lumpy body, I can still do some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not one? Is that even possible for a 17 year old athlete?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

If I'm thinking of drafting him this changes nothing. However, hahahahahahahaha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe his legs are real heavy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It makes me feel much better about my butter physique. 

There was a time when they did fitness testing that required you to do a flexed arm hang - eyes level with the bar - for something stupid like a minute. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There was a time when they did fitness testing that required you to do a flexed arm hang - eyes level with the bar - for something stupid like a minute. 

[/QUOTE]

I remember doing the same...annoying as hell, especially when the arms started to shake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't they award a canadian fitness award ,like gold,silver or bronze if you hit certain levels? I think there were other exercises involved,for the record i got a bronze. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Guess the flip side is you could have an awesome pre-draft workout youtube video, like Jared Knight, and be a mediocre hockey player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agree with everyone else.  it doesn't take him off the draft board, but Good Lord.  You're 17, AND you're looking to have a career as a professional athlete!  Hit the weight room.  Prepare.  

I'm over twice his age, a good deal heavier, sit at a desk all day, and I can still heave and gasp through 6-7 pull-ups before I slip a disc and crumble to the floor...

It's way embarrassing.

Speaking of embarrassing, I wish we had a BDC combine before you post here.  That would be great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm over twice his age, a good deal heavier, sit at a desk all day, and I can still heave and gasp through 6-7 pull-ups before I slip a disc and crumble to the floor...

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Sounds about right. Personally, I would do a couple just to show I could do it.....then reward myself by cracking a cold one and lighting a cig.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, in the Soviet Union. Now we know where you originally hail from, eh, comrade? :P

p.s. We had to climb a rope up to the gym ceiling and touch the beam. By the time I went the rope was so sweaty I lost my grip halfway down and got a serious rope burn on my legs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

Speaking of embarrassing, I wish we had a BDC combine before you post here.  That would be great.

[/QUOTE]

30s Ipad/cell phone Post.

Complex sentence comprehension and punctuation.

Player name spelling bee

Fundamentals of Bruins history - Dragnet style (just the facts...)

30s reasons to hate Montreal sprint

Identifying aliases

Ways to get banned

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If he's magic on the ice, this really doesn't make a difference, but as 17 year old male, it's pitiful.

When I was in high school (important note:  not now), I would do reps of 20.  Even now, with my aging lumpy body, I can still do some.

I spoke to my buddy about the combine fail last night and he says they are very particular about form on pull ups. I think the article stated that 12 was the most anyone did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm Bill Murray in Stripes trying to do push ups. Popcorn popping makes less noise when I try to get ready.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAWjW6p5TUg&feature=kp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I think the size of his shoulder pads and the length of his stick are far more important than pull-ups when evaluating his chances of having a successful career in hockey.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the size of his shoulder pads and the length of his stick are far more important than pull-ups when evaluating his chances of having a successful career in hockey.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

[/QUOTE]

Finally, a poster on here who knows what they are talking about!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

30s Ipad/cell phone Post.

Complex sentence comprehension and punctuation.

Player name spelling bee

Fundamentals of Bruins history - Dragnet style (just the facts...)

30s reasons to hate Montreal sprint

Identifying aliases

Ways to get banned

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

No way.  What would we do without Shupe?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I spoke to my buddy about the combine fail last night and he says they are very particular about form on pull ups. I think the article stated that 12 was the most anyone did.

[/QUOTE]
    Yet nas says he could do 20 in high school. When do u clowns call out this fraud.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A surprising showing considering the way he plays. He is a player who doesn't shy away from traffic.

I also see the word embarrassing used for this performance. He probably felt that way.............but it's also the way some opponents felt when they played against him. 

And for those who don't like player comparisons turn your eyes away.................he has been compared to Doug Gilmour with the way he plays. Tenacity is a word to describe it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yet nas says he could do 20 in high school. When do u clowns call out this fraud.

[/QUOTE]

When he says he could do sets of 20 pull ups WITH a cheerleader on his back. As it is I believe him. I was no super athlete and I could do 20 so I figure most guys in reasonable shape at 17 could.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think that 20 push ups for a teenage athlete is all that outrageous of a claim, although with this being an anonymous message board NAS could be a 700-pound woman and I could be Marty McSorely.  I think Pauly needs to come a little harder than that.  I expect and enjoy more aggressive NAS hammering from him.  My grandmother whispers more insulting things than that in church.

That's interesting that Bennett plays a tenacious style on the ice.  When I say "embarrassing" I mean exclusively his pull-up performance at the combine, not the fact that he's 10 times the hockey player that I ever was and trying out for NHL teams to throw a boatload of money at him in a few years.  He'll be okay.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

That's interesting that Bennett plays a tenacious style on the ice. 

[/QUOTE]

In the playoffs I seen him knock fellow 230 lb. draftee Nick Ritchie on his butt with a hit. Ritchie is a brute of a player.

He obviously has a ways to go in upper body strength but he also seems to be stronger on the ice then what the combine tests are showing in the weight room.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think that 20 push ups for a teenage athlete is all that outrageous of a claim, although with this being an anonymous message board NAS could be a 700-pound woman and I could be Marty McSorely.  I think Pauly needs to come a little harder than that.  I expect and enjoy more aggressive NAS hammering from him.  My grandmother whispers more insulting things than that in church.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  pauly1 really disappointed with this effort.  For four years, his only posting purpose has been to dig at me.  You'd think that this sort of amateur slashing would be much more refined by now.

Sections
Shortcuts