Prospects: The Dallas trio vs. Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Prospects: The Dallas trio vs. Boston

Who has more NHL points this year: Smith/Fraser/Morrow or Spooner/Koko/Krug?

In three years?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Prospects: The Dallas trio vs. Boston

I think Spooner and Krug wuill both be in the lineup thise season with only maybe Smith making it from Dallas so for this season, I'll say Spooner/Koko/Krug.

In three seasons? The Dallas players - as you all know I'm pretty high on Morrow and I like what I've heard about Smith and Fraser.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I tend to agree red, although I think that the Dallas players position themselves as the first call-ups when injuries strike, so if we have a lot of injuries that might tip the scales.  

It will be interesting to see if Smith and Fraser can compete with Spooner for a spot in Boston out of camp, and if the Dallas guy are immediately on the top line in Providence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think you guys are right, not much else to say haha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Of those 6 players, any of the 6 could make it, any 6 could easily be in providence. Yes that includes Krug. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I looked at the Hockey's Future team ratings this morning which got me thinking about it.  Among other nonsense, they have Chudinov ranked higher than Krug and Ryan Fitzgerald ranked higher than practically all of the forwards.  I know, I know, we can dither on about future potential all we want, but with the Seguin trade we seem to have a bunch of guys who are on the cusp of being NHL useful.  

With the acquisition of Dallas's best propsects, the Bruins seem to have a lot of prospects who are ready to comepte for NHL jobs, although they don't seem to have NHL star potential.  It will be really interesting to see who pushes themselves forward out of that group and grabs an NHL job.  Are the Dallas guys the best of the crop? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Chudinov thing is hilarious, frankly.  I have no idea why they have him as a significant prospect, but they also have him as a D in terms of likelihood of reaching his potential.  They should have made him a 10F - Could be a generational talent!  But it's more likely that the US surrenders to Canada in the hopes of getting better health care.  On the other hand, I'd say Krug is more of a 7B - could be a 3-4 D, but might end up a 5-6.  He'll have an NHL job for a long time - though I still think he might start the year in Providence just because of his elevated cap hit.

I think I'm going against the grain.  I think Fraser and Smith were brought in to compete for that vacant 3rd line spot.  I don't think the Bruins see Spooner there.  Khokhlachev is in for a year of seasoning.  He couldn't crack the Providence lineup regularly last year.  So for this year, it all comes down to Krug.  If he stays in Boston all year, I think he puts up 25-35 points.  That might be enough to outduel Smith or Fraser and spot duty for Morrow.  I'm guessing it's Hamilton and Bartkowski to start the year with Morrow potentially in the 7 spot, though, so if it's Hamilton and Krug, Morrow likley doesn't get more than a handfull of looks barring injury.  I'll say the Dallas acquisitions next year.

Long term?  I just hope it's a fast track and I don't really care who wins.  If it's the Boston picks, great, I'll feel better about their drafts.  If it's the Dallas prospects, great; I'll feel better about the Seguin trade.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The Chudinov thing is hilarious, frankly.  I have no idea why they have him as a significant prospect, but they also have him as a D in terms of likelihood of reaching his potential.  They should have made him a 10F - Could be a generational talent!  But it's more likely that the US surrenders to Canada in the hopes of getting better health care.  On the other hand, I'd say Krug is more of a 7B - could be a 3-4 D, but might end up a 5-6.  He'll have an NHL job for a long time - though I still think he might start the year in Providence just because of his elevated cap hit.

I think I'm going against the grain.  I think Fraser and Smith were brought in to compete for that vacant 3rd line spot.  I don't think the Bruins see Spooner there.  Khokhlachev is in for a year of seasoning.  He couldn't crack the Providence lineup regularly last year.  So for this year, it all comes down to Krug.  If he stays in Boston all year, I think he puts up 25-35 points.  That might be enough to outduel Smith or Fraser and spot duty for Morrow.  I'm guessing it's Hamilton and Bartkowski to start the year with Morrow potentially in the 7 spot, though, so if it's Hamilton and Krug, Morrow likley doesn't get more than a handfull of looks barring injury.  I'll say the Dallas acquisitions next year.

Long term?  I just hope it's a fast track and I don't really care who wins.  If it's the Boston picks, great, I'll feel better about their drafts.  If it's the Dallas prospects, great; I'll feel better about the Seguin trade.

I think Smith wins it to strart out but Fraser ends up being the better player in the long run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1553

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/depthchart.php?Bos

Hockey Future is a joke becuase the site doesn't stay updated.

Smith/Fraser/Morrow will win both and if you look at the Blackhawks bottom 6 forwards you see why PC went with Smith and Fraser after he sifted through Dallas's prospects. Both are big, they can bang and have hands. Proof is in their stats at all levels before the NHL.

Shawn Thornton is 36 and with Smith coming in, is in deep d00 d00 as far as the last year of his contract in Boston. I see a ST trade when camp is complete especially after Julien sees what Reilly Smith can do. PC is already seeing visions of Reilly riding with Greg Campbell and Shawn just isn't needed.

Right now the 3rd line spot is Pie Yahs to lose in my view. Daniel hasn't had conscistency when promoted in the past, it was a disaster in 2010. Julien might not want Paille off the 4th line. I give Fraser a slight edge right now over Caron becuase of his board work, being able to absorb hits better and Matt also has nothing else to prove in the AHL, he can bury it.

Book answered the KoKo question, he is starting in Providence. Spooner is 3rd on my depth chart as far as joining Kelly and Soderberg. I see Ryan as a callup later in the season to get some NHL expierence but he doesn't break camp with the Bs. Spooner needs to get stronger.

Dallas trio by a landslide because Smith is already ready for the 4th line and Fraser has the size with hands. Again PC raked it in with this trade!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Book, were you as surprised as I was to see Caron get a 1 way deal? Seems like PC might be expecting him to be pencilled in somewhere with the big club.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

HockeysFuture, a Wonderland of Stupidity:

Latest Discussions

Sections
Shortcuts