Proud of this team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Proud of this team!

Gotta laugh more.

Say one negative thing about Lucic and the world is up in arms.  Shouldnt have been a penalty on the hit.  MEYER is 5'2.   Shouldnt have suckered him.  Bottom line!  When the player was tied up by officials he cracks him.  Is there any difference in what he did and what Avery did?  Or maybe Carcillo?  Again, imagine someone doing this to a Bruins player and the outcry.  Its fine to be a homer.  Just be even in remarks towards the rest of the league. 

Relax folks.  Its too easy to get a rise outta people on here.

Merry Christmas

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Proud of this team!:
    [QUOTE]Gotta laugh more. Say one negative thing about Lucic and the world is up in arms.  Shouldnt have been a penalty on the hit.  MEYER is 5'2.   Shouldnt have suckered him.  Bottom line!  When the player was tied up by officials he cracks him.  Is there any difference in what he did and what Avery did?  Or maybe Carcillo?  Again, imagine someone doing this to a Bruins player and the outcry.  Its fine to be a homer.  Just be even in remarks towards the rest of the league.  Relax folks.  Its too easy to get a rise outta people on here. Merry Christmas
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

If one of the B's got popped like that Shupe, you're 100% right.  We'd all be up in arms!  Now, if the Bruin had thrown the cheap hit to start it and then got popped like that, I'd probably be on the "get what you deserve" front, but many would disagree with me.

I guess in the future, I'll (honestly) try to be less upset if something like this does happen to a Bruin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta laugh more. Say one negative thing about Lucic and the world is up in arms.  Shouldnt have been a penalty on the hit.  MEYER is 5'2.   Shouldnt have suckered him.  Bottom line!  When the player was tied up by officials he cracks him.  Is there any difference in what he did and what Avery did?  Or maybe Carcillo?  Again, imagine someone doing this to a Bruins player and the outcry.  Its fine to be a homer.  Just be even in remarks towards the rest of the league.  Relax folks.  Its too easy to get a rise outta people on here. Merry Christmas
    So because Meyer is short it's ok to keep his hands up when he hits?If he needs to put his hands up before he hits he should be ready to put them up after.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

FYI Shupe- Meyer is 5' 10! It wasn't even a punch for crying out loud it was a poke. There's a huge difference. He wasn't being held by the linesmen either. His arm was in between Lucic & Meyer's but he wasn't holding him. If he was how did Meyer's fall so easily? An Elbow to Lucic's head is a heck of a lot dirtier than a punch! I know he's going to get suspended. He has to because of the rule book, but the double standards that happens in this league is pathetic. Avery got fined, Walker got a fine & that was far worse. That's all Looch should get. It doesn't have anything to do because it was Lucic. I don't care who it was. If the NHL wants to stay consistent on these kids of things, then Looch deserves a fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nite,

I don't think what Walker did was worse.  Ward should have been ready.  Walker got the gloves off and popped him.  One on One.  Walker thought it was gonna be a fight.  Lucic was in the middle of a scurmish which was ending and then he cracks a player.  Did the check knock him out?  I realize Andrew was the 1st one on scene but why not just wait?  Actually in the heat of the moment its next to impossible to wait.  Anyway, it wasnt me in there and I have a hot temper as well. 

Just pointing out the obvious.  And the point of this post was proud of this team.  If Lapierre had done this to lets say Seguin for example.  Should Hab fans be proud of their team.   Pretty extreme but that was my point.

Lucic hopefully punishes Meyer with hits in the rematch.  Meyer wont fight him.  I am waiting for people to call out Meyer for not fighting.  And then others will point out that Lucic didnt fight George.  And the tennis match begins.

Atlanta vs Bruins should be a great game.  Nothing wrong with old school hockey. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,

yes size matters...haha.  When giving or taking a hit.  I don't agree with it but its obvious that officials do.  When Chara hits someone he can't hit center of mass.  He normally hits head.  Not his fault.  He is a giant.  And yes most smaller guys tend to get hands up b/c there face is vulnerable.  Most small guys I played against were notorious for it.  Most would also leave there feet as well. 

And why do big players get the bad rap for destroying someone and then its a boarding penalty.  Its the league trying to make it more euro.  Which I hate.  I thought for sure Ovies hit on Malkin was gonna be a PIM.  Had that been Lucic or someone else I can almost promise it would have been a penalty

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

you in NB for the holidays?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I am proud of this team & when/if they continue to play like this. I'll continue to be proud. As far as the George & Lucic incident goes? Looch was told he wasn't to engage with him by the coach. I'm sure if there was an altercation on the ice & Looch had to square off? Looch would've done so. Chara didn't fight Orr one night when Orr was a Bruin & Chara a Sen. What does that mean? Fear is one word that isn't in Chara's vocabulary.
    Why did you have to mention LAPUKES name! That guy is a disgrace to the SCABS orginization. He's a disgrace to tough North American hockey! However, thanks for the idea of a new thread. lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, you in NB for the holidays?
    yep,i'm in Saint John

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]nite, I don't think what Walker did was worse.  Ward should have been ready.  Walker got the gloves off and popped him.  One on One.  Walker thought it was gonna be a fight.  Lucic was in the middle of a scurmish which was ending and then he cracks a player.  Did the check knock him out?  I realize Andrew was the 1st one on scene but why not just wait?  Actually in the heat of the moment its next to impossible to wait.  Anyway, it wasnt me in there and I have a hot temper as well.  Just pointing out the obvious.  And the point of this post was proud of this team.  If Lapierre had done this to lets say Seguin for example.  Should Hab fans be proud of their team.   Pretty extreme but that was my point. Lucic hopefully punishes Meyer with hits in the rematch.  Meyer wont fight him.  I am waiting for people to call out Meyer for not fighting.  And then others will point out that Lucic didnt fight George.  And the tennis match begins. Atlanta vs Bruins should be a great game.  Nothing wrong with old school hockey. 
    I agree Meyer won't/shouldn't fight Lucic.I,like you,used to get frustrated by the little guys that hit  you with  their hands up  and then skate away with no response.I know it is what it is but it's no less frustrating.Merry Christmas Shupe.

Sections
Shortcuts