Providence Baby Busts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Providence Baby Busts

Had a quick look at how it's possible that they've been good enough for a points streak like that - and it looks like the veterans are driving it.  Tardif, Whitfield, Hennessey all with increased point totals over that stretch.  Not a lot from the prospects, although...Riendeau has scored a few.

Never let it be said I let my biases cloud my judgment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

G       Min           SA    SVS     SO     GAA    SAV%
    34   2020:36     1090   1003     2      2.58     .920

Kudobin is getting allot of starts and has decent numbers especially his save %. Camper he really been the most consistent scorer all season. Cunningham with Arniel have picked it up lately as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Sauve is skating though .

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/02/sauves-finally-back-on-the-ice.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Providence Baby Busts:[QUOTE]Sauve is skating though . http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/02/sauves-finally-back-on-the-ice.html Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

It's going to take allot for him to earn a call up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter.com/ahlbruins

"Carter Camper nets himself a hat trick to put the up 4-3! The 3 Stars of the Game are: 3. 's Andre Deveaux, 2. Calle Ridderwall, and 1. Carter Camper."

Holy Carter Camper with the hat rick today Fletcher!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesfan09. Show beesfan09's posts

The P Bees have been playing very well lately and don't deserve the criticism they were getting. Prospects have looked like prospects again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I saw Carter Camper play a couple times when he was with the Miami Redhawks. His brother Jay played up in Michigan with the Alpena Ice Diggers. I think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Providence Baby Busts:
    [QUOTE]twitter.com/ahlbruins " Carter Camper nets himself a hat trick to put the # PBruins up 4-3! The 3 Stars of the Game are: 3. # CTWhale 's Andre Deveaux, 2. Calle Ridderwall, and 1. Carter Camper ."                Holy Carter Camper with the hat rick today Fletcher!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Nice!  Good to see.  Maybe he's next on the midseason tryout list...

Thanks for the update.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]The P Bees have been playing very well lately and don't deserve the criticism they were getting. Prospects have looked like prospects again.
    Posted by beesfan09[/QUOTE]

Baby B's are 2 points out of 2nd in the Atlantic....14 behind St.John's....Looking over the standings of the AHL the B's are about middle of the road, like most AHL teams. The East division seems to be the division to beat, as of now...So I agree, I don't think they are that bad. Looks like the average age of this team is about 24yr, excluding Whitfield. Acouple of our D are in the late 20's and time is short for them to prove themselves as NHL ready D men or long time AHL players. With the likes of Hamilton, Spooner, Knight, maybe Cross, coming up, PC will have to make room, one way or another... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Baby B's are a bit younger than expected. Button [20],Cantin [21],Warsofsky [21], Cohen [22}, Miller [ 24], Kamfer [23], Bartkowski [23] all on defnse; the forwards  are Sauve [21],Cunningham [21], MacDermid[22],Arneil [22], Riendeau,Ridderwall,Chaput,Camper,Hamill all are 23; Tardiff [26]then whitefield etc.; so still a fairly young team that appears to be finally getting their game together with Khudobin [25] and Hutchinson [20] holding the fort.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

In response to "Re: Providence Baby Busts": [QUOTE]The Baby B's are a bit younger than expected. Button [20],Cantin [21],Warsofsky [21], Cohen [22}, Miller [ 24], Kamfer [23], Bartkowski [23] all on defnse; the forwards  are Sauve [21],Cunningham [21], MacDermid[22],Arneil [22], Riendeau,Ridderwall,Chaput,Camper,Hamill all are 23; Tardiff [26]then whitefield etc.; so still a fairly young team that appears to be finally getting their game together with Khudobin [25] and Hutchinson [20] holding the fort. Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE] Good post, ages help put things in perspective in terms of experience but potential is a different matter all together. I see few NHLers on this roster if any. About half should get a cup of coffee or two but don't see any 5-10 year guys here. Next year will be interesting as this crop has another year of experience and new talent such as Spooner, Knight, etc come in and challenge for ice time...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

dont quote me on this , but im pretty sure providence changed everything around this year as  far as strategy and they way the play in every facet of the game.. to better adhere their players to the way boston plays.. so thats gotta be tought.. also i read that arniel had been hurting all year and just now has been getting healthy . sauve is playing and im pretty sure he had a couple assists. again i cant prove any of this except for the sauve thing which im not doing while writing this .. i was really hoping camper got called up instead of hennesy .. there def. has been a influx of college players proving they are ready for nhl play ie.. matt read . give the p-b's  a little more time i think they will be alot tougher team to play against.. and i get to see them sunday when they play the monarchs!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So the P-Bruins won today.  They're now just 4 points out of the playoffs but with a number of teams to jump in a short stretch of time.  I lost track until Fluto brought them up recently.  Last time I looked, they were surging a bit on the strength of some of the veteran AHLers - Whitfield was scoring (he had 1-1-2 today), Tardif, Hennessey, MacDonald....  All but Whitfield are near the top of the team scoring charts still.  Pleasant surprise is that Camper and now Cunningham look like they're making some progress.  Unpleasant...well, not a surprise...it looks like Zach Hamill gave up after being demoted.  He has one goal and five assists since being sent down.  Way to show them they made the wrong decision kid.  Take that ironically or literally as you choose, because it applies differently depending on the decision you're talking about.

Those of you who see Providence more regularly, is it still same ol' same ol' or are they making any progress?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]So the P-Bruins won today.  They're now just 4 points out of the playoffs but with a number of teams to jump in a short stretch of time.  I lost track until Fluto brought them up recently.  Last time I looked, they were surging a bit on the strength of some of the veteran AHLers - Whitfield was scoring (he had 1-1-2 today), Tardif, Hennessey, MacDonald....  All but Whitfield are near the top of the team scoring charts still.  Pleasant surprise is that Camper and now Cunningham look like they're making some progress.  Unpleasant...well, not a surprise...it looks like Zach Hamill gave up after being demoted.  He has one goal and five assists since being sent down.  Way to show them they made the wrong decision kid.  Take that ironically or literally as you choose, because it applies differently depending on the decision you're talking about. Those of you who see Providence more regularly, is it still same ol' same ol' or are they making any progress?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

How about 43 saves from Hutchinson today as well?  Good for #1 star.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks for the update Book.  I was also wondering if any of the NCAA guys would sign on with Providence with their season now over.  Florek, Trotman, etc?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the update Book.  I was also wondering if any of the NCAA guys would sign on with Providence with their season now over.  Florek, Trotman, etc?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Nick Tremblay signed his ATO and played today.  Picked up an assist on the 1st goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I haven't been to see this gang in a while.

I'll try to get to one or two more before the season ends.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Providence Baby Busts : Nick Tremblay signed his ATO and played today.  Picked up an assist on the 1st goal.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Thanks Crowls, good for Tremblay.

NAS, give us an update if you get to a game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The only source for me is the news reports, but it did seem as though Cassidy was making some progress, as most games were close. Nothing like seeing the game itself. I would have liked seeing Bodnarchuck when he was brought up, but Claude's need to win some games came first before tryouts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why doesnt NESN air the odd Providence game anymore? Used to get a few a year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Why doesnt NESN air the odd Providence game anymore? Used to get a few a year.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I would suspect because of this: 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/03/northern-michigans-florek-expected-to-join-p-bruins.html

"Florek was Northern Michigan's captain and second-leading scorer as a senior this season. The fifth-leading scorer in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association, Florek had 19-17-36 totals in 37 games.

The 6-foot-4, 204-pound forward was a second team all-star in the CCHA, and a finalist for the league's award for the best defensive forward."

Florek could be one of those sneaky picks that develops a little later. Does a great job of separating players from the puck. Could help with the playoff push for the P-Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]The only source for me is the news reports, but it did seem as though Cassidy was making some progress, as most games were close. Nothing like seeing the game itself. I would have liked seeing Bodnarchuck when he was brought up, but Claude's need to win some games came first before tryouts.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I doubt we'll be seeing him anytime soon.  Bruins now have depth on D with Mottau and Corvo both sitting out last nights game.  He would pass these two in the depth chart this season  nor any other D from Prov. IMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/04/after-weekend-sweep-p-bruins-still-alive-in-playoff-race.html

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/sports/prov_bruins/pbruins-top-sound-tigers-4-2

http://theahl.com/playoff-primer-s13201

I had written Providence off but Camper, Sauve, Hennessey, Whitfield and Hutchinson picked up the pace and with a little help could get the P-Bruins into the AHL playoffs.