Providence bound

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Providence bound

Hamilton among 14 cuts

Posted by Kevin Paul Dupont, Globe Staff September 23, 2011 06:31 PM

"As anticipated, the Bruins made a number of roster moves, just announced now at approximately 10:25 p.m.

Top draft pick Doug Hamilton has been returned to his junior team (Niagara Ice Dogs), and the same goes for Alexander Khokhlachev (Windsor), Jared Knight (London) and Ryan Spooner (Kingston).

The following have been assigned to Providence (AHL): Andrew Bodnarchuk, Ryan Button, Marc Cantin, Carter Camper, Craig Cunningham, Josh Hennessy, Kirk MacDonald, Nathan McIver, Kevan Miller and Mamie Tardif,

In all, that's a total of 14 players released, making for a much more nimble training camp contingent."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Providence bound:
    [QUOTE]                        Hamilton among 14 cuts Posted by Kevin Paul Dupont, Globe Staff September 23, 2011 06:31 PM "As anticipated, the Bruins made a number of roster moves, just announced now at approximately 10:25 p.m. Top draft pick Doug Hamilton has been returned to his junior team (Niagara Ice Dogs), and the same goes for Alexander Khokhlachev (Windsor), Jared Knight (London) and Ryan Spooner (Kingston). The following have been assigned to Providence (AHL): Andrew Bodnarchuk, Ryan Button, Marc Cantin, Carter Camper, Craig Cunningham, Josh Hennessy, Kirk MacDonald, Nathan McIver, Kevan Miller and Mamie Tardif, In all, that's a total of 14 players released, making for a much more nimble training camp contingent."

Not really surprised with the guys being cut but I am surprised with Spooner & Hamilton being cut so early. I thought they'd be around until the very end of camp (like Spooner did last year).
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]                        Hamilton among 14 cuts Posted by Kevin Paul Dupont, Globe Staff September 23, 2011 06:31 PM "As anticipated, the Bruins made a number of roster moves, just announced now at approximately 10:25 p.m. Top draft pick Doug Hamilton has been returned to his junior team (Niagara Ice Dogs), and the same goes for Alexander Khokhlachev (Windsor), Jared Knight (London) and Ryan Spooner (Kingston). The following have been assigned to Providence (AHL): Andrew Bodnarchuk, Ryan Button, Marc Cantin, Carter Camper, Craig Cunningham, Josh Hennessy, Kirk MacDonald, Nathan McIver, Kevan Miller and Mamie Tardif, In all, that's a total of 14 players released, making for a much more nimble training camp contingent."
    At 1st glance, I'm glad to see Cohen and McKelvie rewarded with a longer camp. Both guys stood out to me in the little I've seen of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Providence bound : At 1st glance, I'm glad to see Cohen and McKelvie rewarded with a longer camp. Both guys stood out to me in the little I've seen of them.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

McKelvie looked okay tonight.  Well, he looked better than Bartkowski and MacDermid.  Best of the worst?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Providence bound : how about schizophrenia? 5 different personalities at least. 4 in love with Kessel. 1 who kinds likes the Bruins.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I hate to nitpick BadHab but that isn't schizophrenia, it's Dissociative Personality Disorder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Providence bound : I wouldn't trade George Hamilton and Ted Knight for Kessel.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks for the morning laugh.

Ted Knight for Kessel straight up?  Maybe.  But when you through in the uber-tanned George Hamilton, I mean, you can't give that away for a guy who is gonna be -30 on the season.  You can't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Providence bound : Ahh, thanks for the morning laugh. Ted Knight for Kessel straight up?  Maybe.  But when you through in the uber-tanned George Hamilton, I mean, you can't give that away for a guy who is gonna be -30 on the season.  You can't.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Kessel is a beast in his own end . The +/- stats aren't a true indicator of his defensive work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]WELL ALL YOUR PRIZED ROOKIES WILL NOT BE IN THE OPENING NIGHT LINEUP WILL THEY?  IF THEY WERE ANYGOOD YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD BEAT OUT PAILLE OR THORNTON FOR A SPOT NO?   
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Hard to "beat out" players that win cups.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Providence bound : I hate to nitpick BadHab but that isn't schizophrenia, it's Dissociative Personality Disorder.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Scratch that, I meant Dissociative Identity Disorder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If Kessel was any good, you'd think the Leafs could make the opening round of the playoffs...no?

I haven't lost it regarding Kessel in about a year, but c'mon.  Continuing to rag on the Bruin prospects as a way of maintaining even the minutest illusion that the Kessel deal wasn't an utter failure for the Leafs is beyond lunacy.  It's give up hockey and go watch something with sparkly vampires nuts.  Seguin will be on the lineup card - spelled the same way as on the Stanley Cup, S-E-G....  That's one.  Hamilton and Knight aren't on the roster this year because, unlike some teams that still trawl the waiver wire hoping to snag a cast-off from a team with real player development capacity and more than 50 guys they have to offer contracts to or place on waivers, they'd have to beat out players from a Cup winning roster.  Oh no!  They weren't good enough, at 19, to displace a veteran with finals experience?!!  BUUUUUUUUUST.

Put down the straws you're clutching and back away slowly....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Trolls like these like these huh Gary ?" ~ Dude "That's right dude!" ~ Gary

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/?p1=SportsNav_Index_BruinsBlog

* Trent Whitfield has also been placed on waivers for the purpose of being assigned. Whitfield is not expected to be claimed.

* Jamie Arniel, Colby Cohen, David Warsofsky, Zach McKelvie, and Michael Hutchinson have been assigned to Providence.

* The Bruins have 16 forwards, eight defensemen, and three goalies remaining in camp.

PS. Don't worry Mattc we can troll TSNs comment boards after a Phat Phil game winning goal to brag about how well Spooner, Hamilton and Seguin are playing together hee hee...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/?p1=SportsNav_Index_BruinsBlog * Trent Whitfield has also been placed on waivers for the purpose of being assigned. Whitfield is not expected to be claimed. * Jamie Arniel, Colby Cohen, David Warsofsky, Zach McKelvie, and Michael Hutchinson have been assigned to Providence. * The Bruins have 16 forwards, eight defensemen, and three goalies remaining in camp. PS. Don't worry Mattc we can troll TSNs comment boards after a Phat Phil game winning goal to brag about how well Spooner, Hamilton and Seguin are playing together hee hee...
    I guess it's down to Kampfer and Bartkowski for the 7th D.