Providence Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Providence Camp

Pipelines move things.  This is more of a college defensemen tailings pond.  And I think the real issue is that almost all of these guys carry the dreaded "PMD" tag - not Miller, but almost all of the others.

I used to like the impression of a working strategy behind this, but like a few other elements of PC's player acquisition game plan, I have my doubts now.  I liked the moves to scoop Boychuk and McQuaid from other teams' rosters when the Bruins' cupboard was bare at almost every level (ah, the days of Tanabe, Mara, Brad Stuart, Jurcina, Dempsey, Alberts...).  In Providence, the top "prospects" were guys like Lashoff, Bobby Allen, Marc Stuart and Jon Sigalet.  Only Stuart became an NHL player.  They were still seriously hampered by the lack of return on high end D picks in the first half the decade - Jonsson, Makela, Morrisonn - the limitations of Stuart, and failure of Lashoff.  Then they tried to address the lack of depth in the draft with Alexandrov and the disaster of 2007 with Cross, Reul, Goulet and Ostracil. They needed to go to plan B to rebuild the blueline at both levels.

So you pluck from other teams for modest prices and put new guys into a system where they have more opportunity.  You overshop and hope the best rise more quickly due to competition.  The problem is that the plan has failed in almost every respect.  Hunwick was homegrown, but he couldn't match his first year and had to go.  Kampfer also couldn't play consistently - gone.  Warsofsky led the P-Bruins D in scoring with a whopping 29 points last year (Boychuk had 65 his last year in Providence and he hasn't exactly lit up the NHL).  Colby Cohen was supposed to be the other half of Shattenkirk and he was sixth among P-Bruin D last year behind Bodnarchuk, a guy who will never be an offensive defenseman.  None of these guys had a shot at making the NHL this year except maybe Krug, but the best you can say about him is that the jury is still out.

Oh, yeah, and Providence has stunk for years.  So they have a lot of defensemen who aren't turning out the way they hoped.  Time to change tack and maybe tweak the strategy - go back to the Junior trained guys you can pluck off of other rosters for, say, a couple of undersized but skilled! NCAA guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

So you're giving up on Dennis Reul??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funnily enough, yes.  Ever since he lost his place on the Mannheim blueline to some guy named Seidenberg.

Seriously.  He's been playing for Mannheim in the DEL for three or four years now, and it looks like he played the first 8 and then got himself scratched when Seidenberg arrived.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Funnily enough, yes.  Ever since he lost his place on the Mannheim blueline to some guy named Seidenberg.

Seriously.  He's been playing for Mannheim in the DEL for three or four years now, and it looks like he played the first 8 and then got himself scratched when Seidenberg arrived.

Good.  A round-about slap in the face from the Bruins for wasting our time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Providence Updates

Any of you New-Englanders been to the Dunk yet?  I like to keep track of Providence game sheets - you can pick a fair bit about how they're using players and some simple stuff about who's doing what, but it would be nice to check the impression the game sheets leave with someone who is at the games.

After losing 3-1 and 4-2 last weekend, the P-Bruins righted the ship with wins over Manchester and Springfield 4-3 and 3-1.  A few interesting stats:

Michael Hutchinson - 0-2-0, 3.06 GAA and .872 s%.  Niklas Svedberg - 2-0-0, 2.00 GAA, .940 s%

After 4 games, Sauve and Spooner lead with 4 points. Caron leads with 3 goals thanks to a hat trick (the only game he's scored in this year).  Chris Bourque only has two assists.

The D have been shuffled around at bit.  Cohen is out after two games, Bartkowski missed one this weekend.  Trotman in for Cohen and Ryan Button filled in for Bartkowski (no data on injuries but I didn't look that hard).  I'm a little surprised that Button is ahead of Cross.

And just 'cause - Zach Hamill's on the ice for Hershey.  He has nothing but 6 pims to show for two games so far this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I can't help you Bookboy. I grew up 70 miles or so from Providence though (Worcester area, MA) ... long time ago.

Haggs had a nice article about Sauve yesterday ... something about him being more muscular and bulked up to avoid injuries again. As a result he's going harder to the net.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Sauve-bulks-up-to-try-to-stay-healthy-fo?blockID=791981&feedID=3944

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

I can't help you Bookboy. I grew up 70 miles or so from Providence though (Worcester area, MA) ... long time ago.

Haggs had a nice article about Sauve yesterday ... something about him being more muscular and bulked up to avoid injuries again. As a result he's going harder to the net.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Sauve-bulks-up-to-try-to-stay-healthy-fo?blockID=791981&feedID=3944

Personally not that big on sauve everyone has their favorite prospects but he doesnt impress me much. Caron and svedberg i will be keeping tabs on they look impressive. Where is knight havent seen anything about injuries he hasnt been in too many games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to heyoo's comment: [/QUOTE] Personally not that big on sauve everyone has their favorite prospects but he doesnt impress me much. Caron and svedberg i will be keeping tabs on they look impressive. Where is knight havent seen anything about injuries he hasnt been in too many games. [/QUOTE]

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/10/hamstring-feeling-better-knight-returns-to-practice.html

"I feel a lot better. It's a little tight, but that's to be expected. I haven't really pushed it that hard yet. I had a couple of workouts on it last week, and I skated (Sunday), just lightly,'' said Knight, who expects to return to the lineup this weekend."

Sauve has allot to prove becuase of his injuries. That coming from someone who is a huge fan. Max has put up more goals than both Marchand and Caron in the AHL in as many games. It is all about health for Sauve to get to the show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Sauve- 110 games 34g 34a- 68pts

caron- 68 games 19g 25a- 44pts

march- 113 games 31g 60a- 91pts

look over those numbers again ...thanks for the knight article.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Sauve- 110 games 34g 34a- 68pts

caron- 68 games 19g 25a- 44pts

march- 113 games 31g 60a- 91pts

look over those numbers again ...thanks for the knight article.

Meant to say goals but still you have a good point.

Sections
Shortcuts